Rahsool Diggins Videos | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Rahsool Diggins Videos

Reaction Score
First ball for 2021!

Here's Evan Daniels' report on Diggins:

Diggins is a tough, scrappy combo guard that is equipped to score or distribute. Has a wiry build with a quick first step. Plays with pace and changes his speeds. Can really score it, break down defenders and get into the paint. Capable shot maker from mid-range, the next step is continuing to develop his shot from three and gaining strength.

Reaction Score
FWIW Snow (the guy who made the crystal ball pick for UConn) says the only team he thinks could beat out UConn is UNC if they offer.
That’s fair, but DH has been on him awhile and his track record is good when he picks his guard and outworks everyone else like Bouk and Jackson.

Reaction Score
would feel better if UNC had more crystal balls for other 2021 recruits... so far they have 1 commitment from a 4* F and no other crystal balls. but this year theyre bringing in 5* PG caleb love and 4* CG RJ Davis. hopefully love isnt a one and done

Last edited:
Reaction Score
would feel better if UNC had more crystal balls for other 2021 recruits... so far they have 1 commitment from a 4* F and no other crystal balls. but this year theyre bringing in 5* PG caleb love and 4* CG RJ Davis. hopefully love isnt a one and done
I really appreciate all the detail and insight you provide but you are way too nervous on the recruiting front my friend. I get it it’s the KO effect but we have an adult in charge now and we WILL get good quality legitimate basketball players consistently. I feel like you are constantly on edge over recruiting and we will continue to have more misses than hits like almost everyone but Hurley will find players he wants that also want to be here. Have faith in the CEO he rubs an extremely organized ship.

Reaction Score
I really appreciate all the detail and insight you provide but you are way too nervous on the recruiting front my friend. I get it it’s the KO effect but we have an adult in charge now and we WILL get good quality legitimate basketball players consistently. I feel like you are constantly on edge over recruiting and we will continue to have more misses than hits like almost everyone but Hurley will find players he wants that also want to be here. Have faith in the CEO he rubs an extremely organized ship.

I think bendm has been spot on regarding his level of concern. I don’t get a sense of panic, but from the start, he identified some challenges with this class regarding position needs and location. He’s been locked in on this class and how it’s playing out so far.

Reaction Score
This just feels like a repeat of last year when we had people panicking and questioning if Hurley was the man for the job, and yet look how that class turned out. Hopefully we've moved past the doubting Hurley part even if people panic too early

Reaction Score
This just feels like a repeat of last year when we had people panicking and questioning if Hurley was the man for the job, and yet look how that class turned out. Hopefully we've moved past the doubting Hurley part even if people panic too early
2021 was always going to be a tough class, given geography, and not finishing 2020 until very late. This will be an off cycle class, but 2022 will be a monster and probably a top 10 class for us.

Reaction Score
My observations of DH and staff re:recruiting is that once they "lock in" on a prospective recruit that they really want and believe is a good fit for the Program and roster.. They have been successful.. When they are competing vs "creative" recruiting strategies of other programs..And the recruit/family/mentor/handler seems interested in that vibe.. They de-emphasize that recruit or walk from that recruit..And focus on the legitimate interest from their "short list" of candidates. Gotta know when to hold them..Know when to fold them.. I believe they're "locked in" on Diggins... I like our chances with DH and Tom Moore..Sometimes you have to make some overtures to other 4*/5* guys just to distract your competitors from your real targets.."Rope-A-Dope".. DH is real good at playing poker..Taking lessons from JC..LOL

Last edited:

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Diggins looks like a solid PG candidate and I would love to see him in a UConn, however, I am stuck on Hawkins - just love his game.
Absolutely no knock on Diggins - he is a fine looking PG - just 2 different styles

Reaction Score
Hurley is going to pull in a top 25 class and we will all laugh on how panicked we are. Just be patient.

btw Diggins picked up another crystal ball on rivals yesterday.
Trust the process. Also don’t look too far ahead. This season is going to be fun. Let’s enjoy the process. We will be fine recruiting.

Reaction Score
I think bendm has been spot on regarding his level of concern. I don’t get a sense of panic, but from the start, he identified some challenges with this class regarding position needs and location. He’s been locked in on this class and how it’s playing out so far.
You’re not paying good enough attention then

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
Diggins looks like a solid PG candidate and I would love to see him in a UConn, however, I am stuck on Hawkins - just love his game.
Absolutely no knock on Diggins - he is a fine looking PG - just 2 different styles

Hawkins is a shooting guard?

Reaction Score
Hurley is going to pull in a top 25 class and we will all laugh on how panicked we are. Just be patient.

Trust the process. Also don’t look too far ahead. This season is going to be fun. Let’s enjoy the process. We will be fine recruiting.
This is the Boneyard, get out of here with your rational thoughts...

Not concerned at all tho, they’re in on some good players. Recruiting and team building is fluid and weve got a good core to build around. Throw in some solid recruits and maybe a transfer and you get another top 20/25 class. Don’t see why (as of now anyway) that wouldn’t be the case. Hurleys proven thus far he can recruit and knows what he’s doing, people are just getting anxious as they see more guys committing and UConn hasn’t had a commit yet for 21.

Reaction Score
I don't see panic, just the usual up and downs of recruiting. Some overreact for sure but with Hurley and staff always working and previous results this is fun again.

Reaction Score

Hawkins is a shooting guard. We could take both and they have no impact on each other. Last 2 interviews Hawkins has given, UCONN hasn’t even been mentioned by him.

He lists the Hall, Xavier, Marquette with Louisville, Maryland; and Georgia on the horizon.

PS: I am not worried about recruiting with this staff. They know what they are doing and won’t get outworked by anyone.

StepbackCity

I like winning
Reaction Score

Last two years we didn’t get a hit until like sept/oct/nov. Patience!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom