Rahsool Diggins Videos | The Boneyard

Rahsool Diggins Videos

Reaction Score
I've never really gotten a chance to watch his game, so I'll be poking through a few videos today to kill time. And it seems like he and Hawkins are the last of the 4* guards we're after, so I figured it's worth a look. Here's what I've found so far:

Regular highlight:

Full games:

ROMAN CATHOLIC vs ARCHBISHOP WOOD (2020 PHILADELPHIA CATHOLIC LEAGUE FINAL 4)

NEUMANN GORETTI vs ARCHBISHOP WOOD "THIS IS WAR" BATTLE OF THE PCL UN-BEATEN'S (1/24/20)

ARCHBISHOP WOOD vs PAUL VI "7 OVERTIME THRILLER IN MANILLA" LEGENDARY GAME!!!

Basketball: Archbishop Wood (PA) v. Wildwood Catholic

Last edited:

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Not the best athlete, not the flashiest player, just a high IQ solid point guard who wins. Really big hands and feet for his size which is a good indication he isn’t done growing.

Reaction Score
By following his IG, is Tom Moore leading this one? He seems to be the one interacting with him mainly

Reaction Score
Someone made an AJ Price comparison previously and I think that's a good one. He seems to be a backup plan for Nova; would love to snag him and sell to him that he can stick it to Nova every year.

I'm more concerned with a scorer/wing. Really wanted to lock up at least one of Patterson/Allen/Riley/Longino/Hawkins...seems like after this week Hawkins will be the only one left. Maybe Jakai Robinson is a possibility as well but I don't know much about him or where we stand with him.

Reaction Score
Vs. Lasalle

20 PTS
6 REB
7 AST (5 potential assist/2 foul assist)

1 TO
3 STL
0 BLK

5/8 2FG
2/4 3FG
4/4 FT
  • His passing is underrated. Takes great angles moving the ball on the perimeter, comfortable with the skip pass, hit aheads etc. Really impressed. Works especially well in the PnRoll.
  • Low TOs. Make smart passes without being risky about it.
  • Dribbles well with both hands. Not a super crafty breakdown ballhandler, but he is getting to his spots.
  • Athleticism is average. Maybe on the lower-ish end for guards in the the Big East. First step not fantastic.
  • Defense isn’t bad, but doesn’t stick out. Relatively fundamentally sound, though he does lose his man occasionally on back cuts. Basically knows the right things to do, just not intense enough yet. Definitely workable.
  • 2 pt finishing in traffic didn’t wow me. Seems fundamentally sound enough--has a left and right hand--but doesn’t have superior creativity like some of our better scorers, nor the explosiveness to dunk everything. I'd call it good not great.
  • Sets up his team’s offense well. Good leader. Talks on defense too--Hurley loves that in his guards. Ball always comes to him when the play breaks down to set something new up.
  • Shot looks pretty wet. Set point is quite low, but his balance, rhythm, and follow through seem fine. Not as good of footwork off a catch n shoot this game.
  • Low his sense for the pace of the game. GREAT IQ. Knows his teammates scoring spots.
  • Not tremendous in transition like some of our other guys (Jackson and Bouk come to mind). Seems more comfortable in the ½ court… which is good--has been a weakness for us recently.
  • Not a spectacular rebounder or anything, but seems to have an eye for tracking ricochetes down when the bigs can’t grab it.
  • 6 early points and 2 assists in the 3rd stretched a 2-3 point lead out. Was like an 11-2 run or something. Knows when to be aggressive--important quality.

Check out this DEEP oop he threw. I think Andre could benefit from that a couple times a game

Overall
High IQ, fundamentally sound player. Not super athletic, but he’s the kind of player you don’t think did much, and are surprised when you see the box score. He’ll run an offense at a high level when he gets to D1 ball, and his team is going to end up firing on all cylinders when he’s given the keys to the game. Legit 6’2. Good shooter. Okay ballhandler. Fantastic passer. Low TO player.

Last edited:

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
My recollection from watching highlight videos probably over 6 months ago was that he had good handles and finishing ability. But I barely remember.

Reaction Score
Just gonna leave this here

Attachments

• FC5AF11F-706D-4AD7-8122-8AE17FC4E456.jpeg
    FC5AF11F-706D-4AD7-8122-8AE17FC4E456.jpeg
    165 KB · Views: 648

BoukofJames

“Business. Always business.”
Reaction Score
So does he usually make predictions before commitments?

he has a bunch of open ones. Just my thought- he may be using a little game theory here after Brizzi, another PG, picked up a bunch of crystal balls for Nova

Reaction Score
Vs. Lasalle

20 PTS
6 REB
7 AST (5 potential assist)

1 TO
3 STL
0 BLK

5/8 2FG
2/4 3FG
4/4 FT
  • His passing is underrated. Takes great angles moving the ball on the perimeter, comfortable with the skip pass, hit aheads etc. Really impressed. Works especially well in the PnRoll.
  • Low TOs. Make smart passes without being risky about it.
  • Dribbles well with both hands. Not a super crafty breakdown ballhandler, but he is getting to his spots.
  • Athleticism is average. Maybe on the lower-ish end for guards in the the Big East. First step not fantastic.
  • Defense isn’t bad, but doesn’t stick out. Relatively fundamentally sound, though he does lose his man occasionally on back cuts. Basically knows the right things to do, just not intense enough yet. Definitely workable.
  • 2 pt finishing in traffic didn’t wow me. Seems fundamentally sound enough--has a left and right hand--but doesn’t have superior creativity like some of our better scorers, nor the explosiveness to dunk everything. I'd call it good not great.
  • Sets up his team’s offense well. Good leader. Talks on defense too--Hurley loves that in his guards. Ball always comes to him when the play breaks down to set something new up.
  • Shot looks pretty wet. Set point is quite low, but his balance, rhythm, and follow through seem fine. Not as good of footwork off a catch n shoot this game.
  • Low his sense for the pace of the game. GREAT IQ. Knows his teammates scoring spots.
  • Not tremendous in transition like some of our other guys (Jackson and Bouk come to mind). Seems more comfortable in the ½ court… which is good--has been a weakness for us recently.
  • Not a spectacular rebounder or anything, but seems to have an eye for tracking ricochetes down when the bigs can’t grab it.
  • 6 early points and 2 assists in the 3rd stretched a 2-3 point lead out. Was like an 11-2 run or something. Knows when to be aggressive--important quality.

Check out this DEEP oop he threw. I think Andre could benefit from that a couple times a game

Overall
High IQ, fundamentally sound player. Not super athletic, but he’s the kind of player you don’t think did much, and are surprised when you see the box score. He’ll run an offense at a high level when he gets to D1 ball, and his team is going to end up firing on all cylinders when he’s given the keys to the game. Legit 6’2. Good shooter. Okay ballhandler. Fantastic passer. Low TO player.

Great point about his ability in the half court. It’s a trait few HS PGs have anymore and something that I bet we’ll desperately need once Bouk and Cole are gone.

UconnU

Reaction Score
Someone made an AJ Price comparison previously and I think that's a good one. He seems to be a backup plan for Nova; would love to snag him and sell to him that he can stick it to Nova every year.

I'm more concerned with a scorer/wing. Really wanted to lock up at least one of Patterson/Allen/Riley/Longino/Hawkins...seems like after this week Hawkins will be the only one left. Maybe Jakai Robinson is a possibility as well but I don't know much about him or where we stand with him.
I love the AJ Price comp!

Reaction Score
Vs. Roman Catholic

33 PTS
4 REB
1 AST (11 potential assist/1 foul assist)

1 TO
3 STL
0 BLK

9/20 2FG
2/5 3FG
11/12 FT

Roman is a REALLY good hs basketball team.. bunch of D1 players, 2 of them 5* and one mid-major guy. Archbishop has Rashool and a couple low-major talents… they were just outmatched in this game despite 35 points from Rashool. Not much more to do than he did tonight ultimately.

• Constantly getting feedback from coaches during breaks and brings the ball up the floor next to coach. Love that
  • Defense looked more aggressive today. Potentially because he was matched up against the 5* player. I thought overall he did a meh job. Still got beat quite a bit and didn’t fight to recover defending the drive too much. Defensive effort being meh seems to be common with recruits though. His team switched #4 onto his defender and it didn’t go any better fwiw.
  • Started off ugly (4/17 from the floor), but went ballistic late 3rd and 4th when his team got down. I like that kind of heart. 22 points in the 4th.
  • Looked better in transition this game. A lot of those late game points were just hustle points and getting to his strong hand on the break. Nothing fancy, but shows it’s still a part of his game.
  • Willingness to catch a body and get to the line was WAY better this game. Competitiveness that fourth quarter was AWESOME. Really worth watching. Team lost by 10 but he willed it to not be a 30 point blowout that last quarter.
  • His passing was still very good. Teammates converting on literally 8% of your potential assists has got to be the most demoralizing thing for a PG.
  • In these two games he's at 15/16, good for 94%. Really, really important trait for good point guards to help put away games. Love to see that.
  • Super ball dominant this game--30+ shots and 13 potential assists is likely more than half his team's possessions. But he also still had only 1 turnover. Low TOs, makes his FTs. This kid knows what high level college PGs need to do.

Reaction Score
My two cents.. Looks like he has a very high BB IQ.. Highly efficient passer (low TO ratio) that wants to make his teammates look good/happy..Translates well for college as he continues to develop his offensive game as a scorer.. Surround him with athletes and he could be a Cassius Winston kind of player.. Appears to have the "Eurostep" thing figured out going to the Hole..

Last edited:
Reaction Score
DB sez, "Sleep with a spoon under your pillow tonight." I don't even know what that means!

UconnU

Reaction Score
One thing that I always considered most undervalued in recruiting was “does this player win?” And Diggins wins. Archbishop Wood and Team Final are two of the best youth basketball programs in the country. Kid makes open shots, he makes the correct passes, he defends, has good positional size, he’s a top 60 kid who will play 3 or 4 years. He’s a no brainer.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
One thing that I always considered most undervalued in recruiting was “does this player win?” And Diggins wins game. Archbishop Wood and Team Final are two of the best youth basketball programs in the country. Kid makes open shots, he makes the correct passes, he defends, has good positional size, he’s a top 60 kid who will play 3 or 4 years. He’s a no brainer.
Well said. He does look like the type player that will eventually be super annoying to play against doesn’t he?

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
Crafty as hell...
Rahsool Diggins EYBL Highlights (2019) - YouTube

Love his game. I can't place who else he reminds me of, aside from AJP, and it's driving me nuts ... he's got the little bit longer frame and arms and definitely not explosive but so crafty and smart.

I really like him a lot as a show runner at the Point.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom