Rahsool Diggins Videos | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Rahsool Diggins Videos

Reaction Score
Love his game. I can't place who else he reminds me of, aside from AJP, and it's driving me nuts ... he's got the little bit longer frame and arms and definitely not explosive but so crafty and smart.

I really like him a lot as a show runner at the Point.

lol JA

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
lol JA

Ha I wish - Jalen was a pretty good athlete but I never got the sense that his BBIQ improved or was at the high end ... not that he was a dumb player or anything, but that's not what stood out to me with JA.

Also, Diggins' specific lanky style at the PG spot is drawing someone in my mind, but I can't for the life of me place it. It will come to me, maybe in a week, maybe in a year.

Reaction Score
Ha I wish - Jalen was a pretty good athlete but I never got the sense that his BBQ improved or was at the high end ... not that he was a dumb player or anything, but that's not what stood out to me with JA.

Jalen had a high BBIQ. He made the right reads and was a gifted passer. Unfortunately, Ollie's offense forced him into a lot of tough shots. To compensate, Jalen needed to draw more fouls and learn to shoot pull-up 3s off the dribble (certainly not an easy skill). But he didn't.

He pretty much maxed out the efficiency of his type of heavy volume, attacking into traffic without drawing fouls, shoot open off-ball 3s offensive style. He was a gifted finisher and finished his senior year with a respectable 109 ORTG on 30+% usage. But he was never getting into the elite primary option 115 ORTG zone with his style of play.

Reaction Score
Ha I wish - Jalen was a pretty good athlete but I never got the sense that his BBQ improved or was at the high end ... not that he was a dumb player or anything, but that's not what stood out to me with JA.

Also, Diggins' specific lanky style at the PG spot is drawing someone in my mind, but I can't for the life of me place it. It will come to me, maybe in a week, maybe in a year.

Sam Cassell sr.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
Jalen had a high BBQ. He made the right reads and was a gifted passer. Unfortunately, Ollie's offense forced him into a lot of tough shots. To compensate, Jalen needed to draw more fouls and learn to shoot pull-up 3s off the dribble (certainly not an easy skill). But he didn't.

He pretty much maxed out the efficiency of his type of heavy volume, attacking into traffic without drawing fouls, shoot open off-ball 3s offensive style. He was a gifted finisher and finished his senior year with a respectable 109 ORTG on 30+% usage. But he was never getting into the elite primary option 115 ORTG zone with his style of play.

Agreed - I tried to word it properly ... I think he's got good BBIQ but that's not the thing that stands out to me about him as a player, and then add in the fact he had pretty elite athleticism for a PG ... and he was a much different style of player - he was a scorer first, always.

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
There’s something about him that’s intriguing. Like he doesn’t do anything exceptional well, he just doesn’t struggle with anything and never makes mistakes. He’s the type of player that you win conference games with.

Reaction Score
Love his game. I can't place who else he reminds me of, aside from AJP, and it's driving me nuts ... he's got the little bit longer frame and arms and definitely not explosive but so crafty and smart.

I really like him a lot as a show runner at the Point.
His layups remind me of MAL’s in HS. They’re not similar in other respects though.

pj

Reaction Score
There’s something about him that’s intriguing. Like he doesn’t do anything exceptional well, he just doesn’t struggle with anything and never makes mistakes. He’s the type of player that you win conference games with.

Always like the players who make the game seem deceptively easy. Especially when even after seeing it, you don't know quite how it was done.

Reaction Score
Crafty as hell...
Rahsool Diggins EYBL Highlights (2019) - YouTube

Sanogo and Javonte Brown Ferguson will love this guy, as will the shooters who'll be open when he drives and draws 2 or 3 defenders. Hope he picks the good guys.

Reaction Score
I'm using this for my self-assessment of my work performance for 2020. Not my leadoff bullet but I'll sneak it in somewhere.

How about, "doesn't excel at anything, but somehow the job gets done" as the opening?

Reaction Score
Vs. Neumann Goretti

15 PTS
6 REB
3 AST (4 potential ast/ 1 Foul ast)

5 TO
1 STL
0 BLK

6/10 2FG
0/4 3FG
5/11 FT
  • He has a good escape pivot when he gets cut off or double teamed in the lane.
  • I think he could do a better job looking for passes/scoring opportunities in the secondary break. Not sure if it’s because his team isn’t flowing into offense quick, or if his instinct is to play slow.
  • I’d like to see him get his shoulder lower when he dribbles on his drives.
  • I'd like to see him dribble vs pressure a little better. Good+ but not a great handle for a guard. Fundamentally sound though.
  • Better at 2pt shots than I expected. He'll need to learn to be craftier and use his left hand more at the next level, but the pieces seem to be there to be decent.
  • Just a bad day for shooting and TOs. Looked disengaged and frustrated with his play. Got benched mid-3rd quarter because of it.
  • His defense was atrocious this game. So, so bad. Reaching, lazy matador crap.
  • Missed 5/6 free throws late in the game.
  • Just an uncharacteristically bad game all around. Still looked like the best player on his team though.

• Really good pass
Neumann Goretti was just the better team. They looked well oiled and took Archbishop out of their rhythm. I can see why they’re the #1 team in the state. They also hit a bazillion 3s early and Archbishop couldn’t buy a bucket all game. They still win if Rashool has even an average game--this was really off, but his team doesn’t have any depth at guard to lead the team when he’s not feeling it. Terrible shooting, TOs, etc. Off day.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Vs Wildwood Catholic (#11 team in jersey fwiw)

14 PTS
5 REB
5 AST (6 potential ast/ 1 foul ast)

3 TO
1 STL
0 BLK

1/5 2FG
2/6 3FG
6/6 FT
  • Had a ton of potential assists for corner 3s this one kid kept missing. That will be a really important piece of our offense if he’s able to draw and kick like that.
  • SnC program is going to do him wonders. If he can learn to play hard for 25 mins a game he’s going to be great.

• Play of the game was this stepback
Wouldn’t call it a great game going 3/11 from the floor and turning it over 3x. But 6/6 from the stripe is meaningful. Defense was pretty bad again. Led his team well enough--assisted or scored over half their points.

Reaction Score
I see glimpses of Shabazz in him. Obviously not senior year shabazz yet but has a chance for that. Athletic but not explosive. Crafty with the handle and has the ability to score when not distributing. He doesn’t seem to be fully baked right now - certainly neither was shabazz when he arrived but still is the type of guy you would want to sign 10 out of 10 times

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
I see glimpses of Shabazz in him. Obviously not senior year shabazz yet but has a chance for that. Athletic but not explosive. Crafty with the handle and has the ability to score when not distributing. He doesn’t seem to be fully baked right now - certainly neither was shabazz when he arrived but still is the type of guy you would want to sign 10 out of 10 times
Yea definitely some shabazz like intangibles.
Notice how he always has his head up? He’s been well coached.

Reaction Score
Wow, solid comp. Kudos

Loved Sam Cassell....his big smile, his playing...but most of all...it was Sam, almost 30 years ago who labeled UNC as a "wine and cheese crowd"....The Noles first conference game....

“This is not a Duke kind of crowd,” Cassell said. “It’s more like a cheese and wine crowd, kind of laid back.”

Reaction Score
Rahsool Diggins seems a "pure" PG...there seems to be more blending now of small forwards/guards....I expect we'll see PG's play this year who are 6'6"

Reaction Score
Recent COVID era workout. Looks like his body has matured a little.

Great workout. Working on English dribbles and floaters will help him make up for less than elite athleticism. Looks stronger. Tons of 3 pt shooting off the catch and bounce.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom