4 REB
3 AST (3 Potential AST/ Foul AST)

1 TO
5 STL
1 BLK

4/18 2FG
1/4 3FG
4/5 FT
  • Mid-range shot off the dribble is NOT very good. Release is way too low. I’m not sure what some of the professional evaluators were thinking when they wrote that. Also not something I’m concerned with. I’d much rather see an improved finishing package and more consistent shooting to get his game to the next level.
  • The English he puts on the ball is GREAT for his age. Making passes to spin the ball into his teammates hands is something you usually don’t see outside of top notch college PGs. Tries to do too much with it sometimes--but it’s good to take those risks in a HS environment to learn limitations. He and a big man with + rolling ability are going to enjoy each other’s company.
  • Really needs to improve his finishing package--the plyometric/speed part of our SnC program will help I think. Or become a knockdown shooting so getting by his man is easier. Or both, ideally. Either way, the finishing isn’t great now. I think the pieces are there, as he has a great jump stop and can go off of one foot, as well as using his left hand when needed. Just needs more experience and physicality.

Play of the game: splits the top of the zone and pops this dime up to his teammate. Risky. But he knows to keep the ball high with the post pass in traffic. So pretty.

Garfield vs. Archbishop Wood | Full game replay from the 2019 Iolani Classic
Also good: uses a little inside out dribble, closes the gate on his defender and finishes. Would’ve liked to see the left hand, but a good fundamental move anyways. He does seem to use his left hand when he should generally fwiw

Overall: I thought his shooting 22% from 2pt range nearly lost his team this game. Frankly, it shouldn’t have been close--Garfield is a big, physical team but they aren’t really that good. If he had stuck to passing and gotten way more than 6 total potential assists, this game could have been a blowout. Using a shot clock may have thrown him off, as well as the opponent switching zone to man D.

Reaction Score
Vs. Mt. Vernon

10 PTS
5 REB
13 AST (7 potential/ 1 foul)

2 TO
8 STL
0 BLK

3/6 2FG
1/4 3FG
1/2 FT
  • Defense looks better, more focused this game than I’ve seen before.
  • T’d up midway through the 1st quarter. Had a T the other game too-- announcers quote “he looks real cool, but you can tell there’s a competitive fire burning in him.”
  • He could use to add a fake pick up to his bag. Especially as his shot improves. He is plenty shifty with his dribble, but isn’t getting his defender to rise up much.
  • Starting to think raising his setpoint and adjusting his shot some would help him improve his shooting %s. Very low arc.
  • A couple of nice in-traffic rebounds this game. Crafty. I would expect him to be a decent+, but not great rebounder when he settles into D1 play.
  • Fantastic passing this game. His distribution in transition led to the run that gave him team the big lead in the 3rd. Might’ve even liked to see him try to score the ball a little bit more if anything, unlike the last game where he was a little too focused on get his shots up. Generally I usually like to see true PGs get roughly as many shots as potential assists up.
  • Pretty cool seeing him distribute to the bench players when his team got up instead of trying to get his own. Character move.

• 1 dribble no-look pass to the cutter.
Archbishop Wood vs. Mount Vernon | Full game replay from the 2019 Iolani Classic
  • Pocket pass after a flare screen and roll. Makes a tough pass look easy by finding a good angle here.
Archbishop Wood vs. Mount Vernon | Full game replay from the 2019 Iolani Classic
  • Deep lob
  • Another slick pass
  • These are the plays that will help us recruit great bigs. So unselfish.
Overall, his passing made what was a competitive game a blowout. Pocket passes, lobs, baseball passes. He really showed it all. Ended up sitting maybe 10 minutes total this game--4 or 5 in the 4th while the JV squad got some run. I believe he missed all but 1 bucket in half-court sets. Got a few steals and layups/dunks for his points--definitely needs to work on scoring in the half court.

Reaction Score
I've never really gotten a chance to watch his game, so I'll be poking through a few videos today to kill time. And it seems like he and Hawkins are the last of the 4* guards we're after, so I figured it's worth a look. Here's what I've found so far:

Regular highlight:

Full games:

ROMAN CATHOLIC vs ARCHBISHOP WOOD (2020 PHILADELPHIA CATHOLIC LEAGUE FINAL 4)

NEUMANN GORETTI vs ARCHBISHOP WOOD "THIS IS WAR" BATTLE OF THE PCL UN-BEATEN'S (1/24/20)

ARCHBISHOP WOOD vs PAUL VI "7 OVERTIME THRILLER IN MANILLA" LEGENDARY GAME!!!

Basketball: Archbishop Wood (PA) v. Wildwood Catholic

Around the 11:30 mark and before during the "Paul VI" game you can see Jay Wright under the basket to the left of the lane quite often. I'm guessing he was there for Rahsool but are there others anyone knows of in this game that coaches would covet?

What I like about this kid is he's a PG, a basketball player period. He gets the ball to where it's supposed to go when it needs to and tries to score when he needs to. He looks to be a very good shooter, of course it's a video but the ball is very soft going to the rim. Has a low release point for now which he may or may not change because he's quick getting rid of it and creates space with step backs and alike. Doesn't mind contact going to the rim at all and has a what looks to be a really good handle. GREAT pick up, when confirmed!!

Reaction Score
vs Wasatch

33 PTS
7 REB
2 AST (5 potential/ 0 foul)

6 TO
1 STL
0 BLK

4/11 2FG
6/9 3FG
7/12 FT

Wasatch is filled with high major prospects. Rashool was matched up against Mike Saunders who is going to Cincinnati most of the game.
  • Wasatch’s physicality and speed definitely flustered diggins early which led to those TOs. Settled down after maybe 10 minutes. He isn’t used to playing so fast--could be an adjustment for him getting here, playing at the pace Hurley wants to on both ends.
  • Game is a total blowout in the first half if Rashool doesn’t hit a couple timely 3s and a nice backdoor layup.
  • Saunders beat him 1v1 off the dribble a lot this game. A LOT. Coach had to switch him off his primary matchup--2nd time that’s happened.
  • Gotta give Arch Wood credit. They got down 17-0 early and clawed by to within 1 point. When they defend and Diggins shoots well, this team is really good. Despite playing a team much more talented than them.
  • Too many TOs. Trying to do too much at times. Not looking for his pass enough after the first 4 or 5 minutes of the game.
  • Consistently missing his FTs short. He’s leaning too far forward on his misses. He missed a bunch of FTs in the 3rd quarter, but did make the 2 at the end of the game to his credit.
  • I think I said the opposite before… but I actually like him as a catch and shoot 3 pt shooter better than off the dribble. Should make him suitable as an off guard at times when playing with gaff/cole.
    • He will need to be a knockdown shooter at the next level with his sub-par finishing ability. I would think he’s working on that all summer.

• This would make a great highlight from the baseline--doesn’t look as impressive from this angle. Back cut, English off the glass while falling. Impressive touch.
Wasatch Academy vs. Archbishop Wood | 2019 Iolani Classic Quarterfinals
  • They’ve run this screen the screener OOB play at least 3 or 4x a game. I’m not a fan of 4 low OOB sets but it seems to work pretty well if that initial screen is strong. Nice 3 for diggins here.
  • Great offensive board and fouled on the putback. Really aggressive play.
  • I liked this drive because he didn’t drive too much. V cut, catch, and exploit the matchup to his strong hand. He often drives looking to pass instead of score and it slows down his first step.
  • NBA Range good grief… hit 3 late 3s like this to cut a 20 point deficit to 10, some FTs later to make it 8 with 2 mins left.

Reaction Score
I looked at 6 games. Roughly 1/4 of his season, and against most of the better competition they played. (The other two big games were another against roman and a 7 OT game they lost vs paul VI that I am not watching... the abridged version is 2 hours long). In these games he put up

23.3 PPG
6.2 RPG
5.7 APG (7.0 potential assist)

3.3 TO
3.7 STL
0.2 BLK

41%FG (17.2 attempts)
42% 2FG (12.2 attempts)
40% 3FG (5.0 attempts)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online