Rahsool Diggins transferring (merged threads) | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Rahsool Diggins transferring (merged threads)

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
I doubt this hurts recruiting. The portal is the new normal and every school loses players at some point. A potential recruit will look at schools where they think they can play and will help them make it to the show. If RD leaving opens a spot for a PG, we've just become more attractive to a PG looking for a home. I think it's that simple. They want to play. Now we just need to put guys in the NBA under Hurley.

Reaction Score
Everyone else enjoying this meeting of Mensa? Short of hearing from Hurley and Diggins, everything you jabronies post as fact, like Hurley too loyal to JG, Diggins would have stayed with 10 mins, etc. are just spitballing.
I don't have a clue either, but my spitball is that if DH thought the team would be better with Diggins taking Gaffney's minutes then he would have done it. I wished Diggins got more time as well, but DH saw him every day so I have to trust him.
Hope it all works out for both sides.
How dare you come here with a rational take on the situation! Sheesh.

Reaction Score
Before reading he wanted to play closer to home I was thinking this would be a good get for Frank Martin at UMass.

Reaction Score
He’ll end up at temple, penn state, or Pitt. All would be good landing spots

Reaction Score
Hurley’s HS PG commits:

Fatts: huge chucker with 1 good season out of his 5 year career

Gaffney: makes Austrie look like Kemba. Probably should be at a mid major

Diggins: Hurley thought he wasn’t good enough to play over Gaffney (we’ll see)

At the very minimum it’s time to scout better
Stephon Castle: top 5 CG in his class and as sure a thing as there is (knock on wood)

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Also says Hurley wanted him back
Of course he did, but probably as a kid who is depth, and becomes maybe a bigger contributor by senior year. It seems clear we are looking at a transfer for next year and maybe the year beyond that. Castle is here next year, and will need to start as a sophomore for sure.
Best of luck to Diggins, hope he lands in a good situation. Everybody who goes in to shock whenever Gaffney plays better hope he improves, because he's looking like the backup at a minimum. I do think Jackson plays some PG though.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Seven pages in and I'm not reading through every comment.

I will say potentially Hurley looked at Diggins' current trajectory and compared it to Gaff's career trajectory in terms of skills, athleticism, whatever and decided it's better to cut a year early than hang on a year too late.

Or so I hope.

And like everyone else, yes, Hurley better bring in two real high level guards via the portal.

And finally, yes, I do expect Hurley to refer to Jackson as his PG at the start of the 2022-2023 season.

Reaction Score
Was that the case? I don't follow recruiting closely but I remember an article or tweet about how Hurley went into Villanova's backyard and stole a point guard from Wright.
It’s hard to say. Nova was definitely interested at least at one point. I believe Hurley went into Philly and got him, which led Nova to target and land Brizzi.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I would assume DH and Diggins are on the same page on this....Guessing DH made Diggins aware he was going to add though the portal once it was clear Cole was gone. If DH was ready to hand the reigns to Diggins he stays. We don't know what we don't know...
That makes sense to me. I remember seeing that blurb around January from Diggins HS coach saying how even Nova had recruits starving for time. That doesn't sound like some one disgruntled.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
maybe Floyd jr is better than expected
He might be better but he is not a PG. Not an either/or proposition. Now we need two point guards.
Well let's see how Dan is going to play this one.

Reaction Score
Also says Hurley wanted him back
Which is prob a big plus for us. He comes from a good HS and real good AAU program that we recruit frequently. Want to maintain that relationship

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
That makes sense to me. I remember seeing that blurb around January from Diggins HS coach saying how even Nova had recruits starving for time. That doesn't sound like some one disgruntled.
We are not Nova. We are Uconn with a ballhandler situation that just got worse.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
You're not looking at this the right way.

Hurley started reducing Gaff's minutes because he wasn't playing well and STILL didn't increase Diggins' minutes. Diggins' minutes were what they were because of how he was practicing and performing, clearly. Because there was no relationship between Gaff's minutes and Diggins'. And now that Cole is gone and there are a ton of minutes available, Diggins isn't sticking around. Maybe the relationship is fractured, but Hurley isn't a fool. Hurley is a PG himself. He's not fracturing a relationship with his PG of the future to play a guy that he himself was benching quickly.

Barely. Gaffney was down to 4-8 minutes a game by the end of the year. If Diggins could do anything he would have been playing. There's no doubt of that.

Yes but have you considered reflexively blaming Hurley?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom