Rahsool Diggins transferring (merged threads) | Page 25 | The Boneyard

Rahsool Diggins transferring (merged threads)

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Is it possible that CFjr consistently outplayed our outgoing guards in practice?
I'd say it is highly likely. Dan focuses on defense. I don't know how many times we need to say that before people accept it. Gaffney got a bit better on that side of the ball. Diggins was atrocious on D in his few minutes, worse than the walk-ons. Hawkins made huge improvements on defense, and his minutes went up. Hurley plays Whaley far more than he should have for the team's offense, because he couldn't pass up the defense.

I don't know what everyone expects, but I think a guard who can defend, take care of the ball and make open shots is what Hurley will be looking for. Doesn't need to be a ball dominant guy, in fact, it's probably best if he's not. I don't know enough about the guys in the portal to know who that is, but that's what I expect.

Reaction Score
Bro stats is over rated

I watched every single game. And like I said just because you can run the floor and dish don’t make you a point guard. Rahsool was a freshman on the bench waiting his turn. Being in the floor for 1 minute every 5 games isn’t enough to say AJ is a better point guard cus he’s not.
Out of curiosity, what is missing from Andre's game that Sool does better at the point? I'm not saying Andre is perfect at the point or that he should be the only player capable of running the point on the floor, but he was running the half court pretty well late in the season as well.

Reaction Score
Out of curiosity, what is missing from Andre's game that Sool does better at the point? I'm not saying Andre is perfect at the point or that he should be the only player capable of running the point on the floor, but he was running the half court pretty well late in the season as well.
He also was able to bring the ball up the court against 0-19 Georgetown.

Reaction Score
Is it possible that CFjr consistently outplayed our outgoing guards in practice?
I believe there was a Hurley quote that said they contemplated burning his red shirt this year as he "definitely would have helped the team" -- in hindsight, they probably should have since he probably won't be a 5-year player, but you never know.

Reaction Score
Guess we're not watching the same guy.
The guy we both watched averaged 6.8 ppg, 6.8 rpg, 3.1 apg (against 2 tos) and shot 42/71/36. That's a unicorn to you? Then I guess there are about 500-600 unicorns in college basketball currently.

Reaction Score
Yup no problem. None of you guys who say he’s a better pg then Diggins dont know about basketball.
Hey pal! First off, have a couple spring/summer reading suggestions for you

English Grammar Workbook for Adults
Basics of Basketball

It was pretty clear Sool looked absolutely lost when stepping on the court and wasn't ready to play at this level. A10 is probably a better fit.

Reaction Score
Corey Floyd Jr. is a shooting guard, but maybe the coaching staff saw that he has really good leadership abilities and skill sets required to be a point guard. That could be.
I'm so disconnected form what is actually going on behind closed doors. But it feels like that is the case and what I have read is hinting they like his strength and ability to make everyone better. Looking way to much into something I know nothing about but Gaff was never going to be good enough to help UCONN win in the big east as a starter. Diggins likely was outplayed in practice by a lesser recruit and it was pretty clear to everyone. That's my guess, albeit a blind one.

Reaction Score
Standing at the top of the key is not being a point guard. Has anyone seen him conistently bring the ball up the length of the court with tough pressure like RJ had? And a guy who can't shoot well or take the ball all of the way to the hole. AJ as a point guard is ridiculous.
Hey AJ, this summer get a jump shot, learn how to take the ball strong to the hoop and be our PG. Sure.
A player working on ONE aspect of their game where they are deficient is tough enough.

Reaction Score
Yup no problem. None of you guys who say he’s a better pg then Diggins dont know about basketball.
Nick Young Reaction GIF

Reaction Score
i believe he said kansas & unc were his options before uconn. let's see if either bites

Reaction Score
Diggins was not ready to contribute this year in a meaningful way. That much was obvious in the limited minutes he got.

The obsession with Jackson on this board is interesting. He can’t shoot and he’s not a natural scorer. Playing him at any guard position limits your offense in a lot of ways. Guys has great physical gifts but isn’t a great b-ball player at this point. You run him out there at pg and the defense will be going under every screen and we’ll be facing perpetually clogged lanes again. No thanks

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
Diggins was not ready to contribute this year in a meaningful way. That much was obvious in the limited minutes he got.

The obsession with Jackson on this board is interesting. He can’t shoot and he’s not a natural scorer. Playing him at any guard position limits your offense in a lot of ways. Guys has great physical gifts but isn’t a great b-ball player at this point. You run him out there at pg and the defense will be going under every screen and we’ll be facing perpetually clogged lanes again. No thanks
to be fair, there's a lot of truth in this, especially that part aboot clogged lanes. nobody is going over a screen to guard a shot that ain't coming. i like aj a lot as a winning baller, but his superior talent demonstrated thus far is rebounding the ball. as far as him being the person often standing the furthest out from the rebound place on offense, well, the wisdom on that escapes me.

Reaction Score

We continue to build this straw man around around Jackson. Find me one person on this board who thinks he is a great ball player at this point or one person that thinks he doesn’t have glaring deficiencies in his offensive game.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
with his offer sheet, i bet sool woke up one day, with kansas the champ and nova recently also, and thought 'what am i doing here? with all the splinters i got, at least if i was pining away at kansas, i could have had some nice hardware. i gotta be better than this. im out.'
anyone else notice that when danny was doing his talk last week, he was talking about jalen in the present tense, yet coterminus ('having the same boundaries or extent in space, time, or meaning') with danny's talk, or shortly thereafter, jalen announced his sayonara.
lots of weird guard stuff going down.

Last edited:

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score

Not everyone is saying AJax should be a PG. Several have said he'd be a very useful point forward. At least one person mentioned Henefeld. So let's take a look at the two:

Screenshot 2022-04-07 14.16.09.png

Keep in mind Henefeld's team had Tate George and Chris Smith (and Burrell) as guards and ball handlers. Yet Henefeld brought the ball up court quite often and facilitated well.

That part of AJax's game is already there. If he could dribble drive and finish a couple of times a game more than what he's doing now, they'd really be pretty similar. There's obviously a role for AJax as a key ball handler, especially against teams that apply any kind of press or backcourt defense.

Reaction Score
Not everyone is saying AJax should be a PG. Several have said he'd be a very useful point forward. At least one person mentioned Henefeld. So let's take a look at the two:

View attachment 75380

Keep in mind Henefeld's team had Tate George and Chris Smith (and Burrell) as guards and ball handlers. Yet Henefeld brought the ball up court quite often and facilitated well.

That part of AJax's game is already there. If he could dribble drive and finish a couple of times a game more than what he's doing now, they'd really be pretty similar. There's obviously a role for AJax as a key ball handler, especially against teams that apply any kind of press or backcourt defense.
Great comparison and research

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Long story made short…..

Corey is not a point guard. Andre is not a point guard.

We had two point guards, mismanaged the living crap out of the roster and now we have none. We will take anything that resembles a point guard from the portal because we’re so screwed if we don’t.

Paint whatever pretty scenario helps you self-soothe over this debacle, but that’s where we’re at. We have zero point guards here or coming in and we’re a buyer in a seller’s market.

Reaction Score
Long story made short…..

We had two point guards, mismanaged the living crap out of the roster and now we have none. We will take anything that resembles a point guard from the portal because we’re so screwed if we don’t.

Paint whatever pretty scenario helps you self-soothe over this debacle, but that’s where we’re at. We have zero point guards here or coming in and we’re a buyer in a seller’s market.
So when we get a PG better than Gaffney and Diggins what will you whine about next?

Reaction Score
Long story made short…..

If we had gone into next season with Gaffney and Sool as our only two point guards, we'd have been screwed as well. We had two point guards who couldn't run the point. Not hugely helpful.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom