Rahsool Diggins transferring (merged threads) | The Boneyard

Rahsool Diggins transferring (merged threads)

Reaction Score
Damn what are we gonna do at PG? Even though diggins wouldn’t of been a contributor even next season

Reaction Score
First off, I wish him nothing but the best. Seemed to be an A+ teammate and while he didn't look great on the court I was excited to see him grow and carve out a role next year.

Very curious where he ends up. If it's a P5-level program, I'll be very curious how he ends up playing. If it's an A-10 type program that would make a lot more sense.

Reaction Score
Damn this one hurts. Wish him the best in the future and will be rooting for him.

Pgh2Storrs

In Hurley We Trust
Reaction Score
Predictable but still wildly disappointing. I was hoping that, with RJ leaving, the open minutes would be appealing but I think the damage was done. His body language didn’t tell a good story as the season went on so I was afraid this was coming. He’s tight with Edwards so it probably doesn’t do us any favors there either. Best of luck to him.

Reaction Score
No surprise. Best of luck to the kid.

I know people want to complain about him not getting PT... but I'm just not confident he was actually good enough to play. This kind of stuff always works itself out in practice. There are plenty of misses with top-100 players.

We might not be the best fit for him. Somewhere where he can be the #1 guy on the team, and a team that relies heavily on a pass-first PG would be better for him.

Reaction Score
Hurley talked about him differently than the other 2 freshman all season. He had a slow start with injuries in the offseason, but reading between the lines, how his minutes were allocated, and how he looked when he did play at times, this is unfortunately unsurprising.

The portal giveth and the portal taketh away. At least we have a wide open position to pitch to people.

Reaction Score
Hopefully a lesson to be learned that you should probably play your freshman. Maybe he wasn't good enough anyways, but now we HAVE to get 2 guards in the portal
Yea let's call a spade a spade, Hurley's loyalty to playing Gaff likely costed us a future with Diggins. If Diggins gets 10mpg I doubt he's leaving. Maybe it was the right call for this season but probably hurts long term.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
Best of luck to Diggins. We hardly knew him.

Sool should have gotten minutes early, and especially after Gaffney stuggled. Yes, Sool struggled when he saw the floor too, but that was with the B team around him and after the midway point of the year... he was never was put in a position early to learn, develop, and get comfortable.

Another lesson for Hurley. He's learned from some of his coaching mistakes to-date, but hasn't learned from others. Let's see if he learns from this one. I have no doubt Diggins will be a contributor at a P5 school elsewhere.

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
Damn…with some hard work, the keys to the Ferarri were essentially his to lose.

I figured there’d be at least one player transferring. Wish him well.

Reaction Score
Yea let's call a spade a spade, Hurley's loyalty to playing Gaff likely costed us a future with Diggins. If Diggins gets 10mpg I doubt he's leaving.
Yup. That's the frustrating part. Loyalty to a guy who didn't deserve any minutes at all cost us a guy who could potentially be a big contributor going forward

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom