Rahsool Diggins transferring (merged threads) | Page 28 | The Boneyard

Rahsool Diggins transferring (merged threads)

Reaction Score
Martin is a good coach. If he was a great coach he wouldn't be leaving the SEC for the A10.

He’s a “great” get for UMass for sure considering what they’ve tossed on that bench as of late. But you are correct nonetheless. I am a fan of his though and hope he moves the needle the right way for them.

Reaction Score
Martin is a great coach. Not upper echelon but he has done great things at difficult places. Kansas st is very difficult and he brought South Carolina to the final four. He deserves more credit and respect for what he’s accomplished

Reaction Score
Martin is a great coach. Not upper echelon but he has done great things at difficult places. Kansas st is very difficult and he brought South Carolina to the final four. He deserves more credit and respect for what he’s accomplished

Yeah have to say the more you think of the things his teams have accomplished, he's really damn good. And as I said, UMass got lucky here from what I see. Part of his reasoning for taking the job though I believe is his wife was a track star at UMass back in the day and is very happy moving back to the Amherst MA area with their family. The Minutemen fans will be thrilled, he will kick some butt and they will play much harder than they did for Matt McCall (great guy but too easy going, defense wasn't a specialty).

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Yeah have to say the more you think of the things his teams have accomplished, he's really damn good. And as I said, UMass got lucky here from what I see. Part of his reasoning for taking the job though I believe is his wife was a track star at UMass back in the day and is very happy moving back to the Amherst MA area with their family. The Minutemen fans will be thrilled, he will kick some butt and they will play much harder than they did for Matt McCall (great guy but too easy going, defense wasn't a specialty).
That's what makes it a really good hire. Martin has done the P5 things. He's made money. It's unlikely he's going anywhere.

Reaction Score
He's a much better coach than recruiter. Just couldn't recruit well enough to keep up in the SEC long-term, but that should be much less of an issue with his name recognition at UMASS.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
He's a much better coach than recruiter. Just couldn't recruit well enough to keep up in the SEC long-term, but that should be much less of an issue with his name recognition at UMASS.
To be fair, South Carolina and Mississippi State are the two least appealing schools in the SEC. Hard to attract people there compared to the competition. Even in-state, Clemson is just more appealing. UMass is probably more appealing than most of the A10.

Reaction Score

South Carolina is not an easy place to win but that Final Four year was also his only tournament appearance in 11 years. He didn't exactly set the world on fire.

I think Rahsool is going to be a good college player. I think he could have been a good player at UConn in a couple years but I wish him the best.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Sool posted a story of his location being in Storrs. Wonder what that’s about?

Reaction Score
Pretty sure they still have to finish out the semester at UConn before they officially transfer. But I'm not positive
Technically, they don’t have to, but it’s in the interest of both the school (for APR reasons) and the student athlete (for eligibility reasons) for them to finish out the semester, especially when we’re about a month away from the end of the semester.

Reaction Score
Especially so at Kansas State where he reached the NCAA 4 out of his 5 years there.

Before that it was in 1995-96, that K State last reached the NCAA tournament.

A blurb from Google:

Martin, who coached the Wildcats for five seasons between 2007-12, recorded 117 wins, the most in any five-year stretch in K-State history.

Reaction Score
Wasn't just UConn other high major programs as well..I believe TM was lead recruiter
Hits and misses happen, and good players are found in the later part of the top 150.

Look at Paul Mulcahy at Rutgers, a #145, who I don't think UConn aggressively recruited, if at all.

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
Dang how did Hurley miss so badly on the talent evaluation
We have no idea if it was an evaluation miss at this point. We know he couldn’t contribute in year 1. Is that what the staff expected? Idk. Very possible they expected to be able to develop him into a big contributor by year 2 or 3.

His current offers are mostly based on hs performance (which drew a bunch of strong offers) and him not being able to crack or starting lineup—hardly a dataset that you could draw a certain conclusion on his college career from. His current offers are also probably hurt heavily by the transfer portal. If you’re a top school why take a guy that may be great in a year or two but probably can’t help you right now when you can get guys in the portal every year you know can help you now. There will be other Digginses out there that they can get once theyve already developed into an impact player.

Reaction Score
Hits and misses happen, and good players are found in the later part of the top 150.

Look at Paul Mulcahy at Rutgers, a #145, who I don't think UConn aggressively recruited, if at all.
He was one of the first kids we were linked to after Hurley was hired.

Reaction Score
Technically, they don’t have to, but it’s in the interest of both the school (for APR reasons) and the student athlete (for eligibility reasons) for them to finish out the semester, especially when we’re about a month away from the end of the semester.
Newton posted an IG story at ECU yesterday. I assumed they all would just finish the school year before moving on.

Reaction Score
Especially so at Kansas State where he reached the NCAA 4 out of his 5 years there.

Before that it was in 1995-96, that K State last reached the NCAA tournament.

A blurb from Google:

Martin, who coached the Wildcats for five seasons between 2007-12, recorded 117 wins, the most in any five-year stretch in K-State history.
Curtis Kelly played with him.

Reaction Score
Wasn't just UConn other high major programs as well..I believe TM was lead recruiter

Right. First, it may not even be a talent evaluation issue. He seems skilled but has a kids body. And I have a hard time blaming the staff for any misses during covid when we couldn't really see the guys play. What may have been telling is the closest HM with the best Intel (Nova) prioritized a kid in the 160s.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom