2021 Recruiting: - Rahsool Diggins committing Sunday | Page 4 | The Boneyard

2021 Recruiting: Rahsool Diggins committing Sunday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I’ve been out of the loop since March (things got pretty grim down here in NYC) but fwiw I’m hearing this is done, and that there could be another local commit soon to follow.

Hope everyone’s hanging in there.
NYC/NJ "local" or Connecticut "local"?

Pgh2Storrs

In Hurley We Trust
Reaction Score
Not getting ahead of myself, we’re doomed, etc., but Diggins and Johnson to start the class would be an exceptional job by the staff. Get 2021 lined up early, then spend the rest of the year planning for any possible NBA departures and camping out on the Clingan’s front lawn like John Cusack in “Say Anything”

Reaction Score
If true ..A geographically significant and strategic recruiting win for DH/staff.. Need to give those Philly ballers an exciting and electric alternative to Nova in the BE.. I also think the Bigs (and others) we have on our roster excited Diggins as potential teammates..Don't see a dramatic need/roster weakness for additional Bigs before Clingan decision other than adding roster depth... After watching Diggins videos..Came to one conclusion.. Wood is good.. I mean..They're a great team.. Hoping for predicted confirmation on Sunday and this win was worth the wait..DH/staff "closed" on their target..

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Going into the season with Diggins and Johnson locked in would be huge, takes off so much stress with the spring transfer market

who is Johnson?

Reaction Score
Villanova just passed up on the best high school basketball player in the city of Philadelphia.

They will regret this.

I know this narrative is all over the BY, not just you, but I don't get it.

Why couldn't Diggins have made it known to Villanova weeks ago that he was leaning in another direction, hence the lack of interest?

I find it hard to believe anyone would turn down a top 50 pg in their back yard unless they had no room at the inn. For a top 150 pg? Please.

C

Chief00

If true ..A geographically significant and strategic recruiting win for DH/staff.. Need to give those Philly ballers an exciting and electric alternative to Nova in the BE.. I also think the Bigs (and others) we have on our roster excited Diggins as potential teammates..Don't see a dramatic need/roster weakness for additional Bigs before Clingan decision other than adding roster depth... After watching Diggins videos..Came to one conclusion.. Wood is good.. I mean..They're a great team.. Hoping for predicted confirmation on Sunday and this win was worth the wait..DH/staff "closed" on their target..

True, as Chief been saying:

#TrustInTheGrind

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
interesting way to put it... if local is CT that must mean Etienne maybe Santos. if local includes MA/NY/NJ that probably means Samson or Blakes, or a Roddy Gayle reclass.

among the 2022 guys we've already been linked with can anyone else reclass besides Gayle and Avery Brown? Brown is a PG so prob safe to rule him out

Could be wrong but I don’t think Gayle is reclassifying. Plus he’s 7 hours away from Storrs, I dno that he’s local.

My guess is Samson.

Reaction Score
It really is wild how consistent this staff is at getting quality prospects into the program. Just a couple of days ago I saw a few posters starting to get anxious over 2021 recruiting, not dissimilar to the meltdowns prior to the "dam break" in 2018 and the fall of 2019 (pre-Andre). In both of those past instances Hurley ended up reeling in top 20 classes. Here we are again, top 50 guard on the way with another top 100 player rumored to be coming down the pipe. Point being, a few of you allow recruiting to spike your blood pressure when the evidence indicates that we are in good hands on that front.

Reaction Score
It really is wild how consistent this staff is at getting quality prospects into the program. Just a couple of days ago I saw a few posters starting to get anxious over 2021 recruiting, not dissimilar to the meltdowns prior to the "dam break" in 2018 and the fall of 2019 (pre-Andre). In both of those past instances Hurley ended up reeling in top 20 classes. Here we are again, top 50 guard on the way with another top 100 player rumored to be coming down the pipe. Point being, a few of you allow recruiting to spike your blood pressure when the evidence indicates that we are in good hands on that front.
Another example of DH/staff keeping their eyes on the prize..

Reaction Score
Serious question re: Johnson.. I get the staff likes him a lot.. I realize we have leverage with him re:his relationship with AS.. Ratings are in our sweet spot.. All good.. No preconceived opinions on my part ..What is it about his skill set that we don't already have with our Bigs or is it simply replacing JC/IW once they graduate with a high ceiling Big who we hope reaches his potential?? I suppose another scenario is that we might lose a Big to the NBA in addition to JC/IW moving on.. Javonte Brown Ferguson and Spring certainly have upside as starters if that happens.. Not questioning if DH/staff have an eye for talent..They do..

Reaction Score
Top 100 prospect we’ve been on since last year. I think we were the first school to offer when he was a complete unknown. Akok clone.

That video sure makes him look like the right guy to replace Akok. Handles the ball well, but can't tell about his defense, although he had some nice blocks, and seems like a better shooter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom