2021 Recruiting: - Rahsool Diggins committing Sunday | Page 2 | The Boneyard

2021 Recruiting: Rahsool Diggins committing Sunday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Probably just a warning after the St Johns embarrassment today. There isn’t even a 2nd team in play here..UNC was the only one but they didnt offer
I thought Florida was the other?

Reaction Score
Just picked up another crystal ball on 247
B4D009D0-B197-43C2-AC93-5D7AF96E47BC.jpeg

Reaction Score
Would be a great start. Then have Samson in a week or two, capped off by Hawkins, and that is another top 20 class.
Hawkins would be ideal, but I really like Lucas Taylor too. He can shoot, has great size, and can finish over defenders at the rim too. Another guy whose offers speak for themselves (Ohio State, Marquette, Miami, Creighton, X, etc). Averaged 22 and 6 on 56/40/81 shooting this season in which he was 1st team all conference as a junior. The only question mark I have with him is if he can keep up with college 2s defensively.

Reaction Score
Hawkins would be ideal, but I really like Lucas Taylor too. He can shoot, has great size, and can finish over defenders at the rim too. Another guy whose offers speak for themselves (Ohio State, Marquette, Miami, Creighton, X, etc). Averaged 22 and 6 on 56/40/81 shooting this season in which he was 1st team all conference as a junior. The only question mark I have with him is if he can keep up with college 2s defensively.

Lucas Taylor is basically Brendan Adams 2.0, which is a serviceable guard.

I'd like to see a scholarship offer extended to Alex Fudge out of Florida. He's a gamer.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Really unc offer would have changed things and that looks like it will not happen....
My only question is why he wouldn't wait if this is the case? Did he want to lock in his number 2 option after waiting too long on his first?

Reaction Score
That’s the name you want to see.

Saw that someone flipped his pick last minute on the Jordan Riley Gtown pick, and he still got it “correct.” Shows how much the percentages mean...

Got Evans and Bossi, just waiting on Daniels
Daniels became an agent with CAA and won’t be working with 247 anymore, so he won’t be doing anymore crystal balls. Agreed with the last part, seems like a decent amount of guys jump in last minute. When it’s one of the big guys like Bossi, Evans, Slater etc, it tends to be a bigger deal.

Reaction Score
My only question is why he wouldn't wait if this is the case? Did he want to lock in his number 2 option after waiting too long on his first?
Does it matter? The post that came out said he discussed w his family. I’m sure his parents think it’s best to not risk losing his UConn spot for a potential pipe dream. And that’s even if his UNC interest is that big

Reaction Score
There were comparisons in the thread that had all of the Diggins highlights. The first comparison I had after watching a few minutes of one of the videos was Lonzo Ball in his younger days...yes Lonzo Ball.
Hear me out.

Yes, Ball had the size, more skill, the quickness and the hype but what I saw was how Diggins plays certain aspects of the game that was/is similar to Balls, in my opinion.

The videos showed that a big part of Diggins game was beating his man off the dribble and taking it to the paint to score or draw a foul. This was what Ball also excelled at. As husky429 pointed out in a couple of threads Diggins looked very comfortable in the half court game running the offense. If not taking it to the hoop after beating his man, he was able to draw the off ball wing defender to a point where he dished it to his teammate for a 3 or dumping to his big when the opposing big stepped up to help stop him. Diggins looks to be more refined in the TO department and his shot ( anybody’s shot ) looks better than Balls.

Diggins also showed glimpses of advancing the ball 60’-70’ up court quickly either by the dribble or pass when he saw a scoring opportunity. Yet another trait of a good point guard who knows how to run an offense when he sees scoring opportunities.

Diggins will hopefully grow at least a couple more inches before he joins the team but more importantly he will benefit from better coaching at the next level which will make his game that much better. Hopefully they will work on his explosiveness and quickness.

Again, he’s no Lonzo and probably wont achieve the career Ball will eventually end up with but I love how he attacks the defense and looked to get his teammates involved.

We should be very happy to land Diggins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom