Putting the ball on the court at the end of a game | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Putting the ball on the court at the end of a game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Exactly, Carnac.... it seems we wouldn't need to go any further than to ask Nika and Amari for their thoughts on the matter. Clearly, in the game in question above, Amari instinctively felt to pick the ball up and hand it to the ref was the respectful and courteous thing to do.

I would admire Nika that much more if she had done that, and hope she will in the future, maybe after the Huskies have beaten Stanford or SC in the national championship game? Dribbling the ball for another three or four seconds would hardly lessen the joy of a post-game celebration.
Maybe we can plant a UConn flag at center court!

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
Exactly, Carnac.... it seems we wouldn't need to go any further than to ask Nika and Amari for their thoughts on the matter. Clearly, in the game in question above, Amari instinctively felt to pick the ball up and hand it to the ref was the respectful and courteous thing to do.

I would admire Nika that much more if she had done that, and hope she will in the future, maybe after the Huskies have beaten Stanford or SC in the national championship game? Dribbling the ball for another three or four seconds would hardly lessen the joy of a post-game celebration.
Most refs will refuse to take the ball. They do not have a responsibility to remove the ball after the game. Some - and it is only some - will take the ball to prevent an accidental tripping, etc. The ball is collected by a member of the home staff, and not typically directly from a player.

Arizona typically stands and holds the ball when they are unguarded. They bring it up to the forecourt if necessary, if under 10 seconds are on the clock I have seen them stand under the opponents basket. If they are guarded, they dribble the game out. I would not care if they laid the ball on the court if the other team has given up.

Reaction Score
When I played in High school I always just set the ball on the court when we won big. I could care less if the other team didnt like it. I was kinda like Nika, I didnt like the other team or anyone associated with it until way after the game was over and I had left the gym.
Bush league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44