Purvis = Calhoun | The Boneyard

Purvis = Calhoun

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Before you get on me about another thread knocking Purvis or Calhoun, I just thought these two were going to be different players. Yes, its early, but....

They both jack up a lot of threes
They both don't have a handle
They both turn the ball over
They both play below the rim
They both get stuffed going up for layups

Purvis may turn into a good player, but he's not going to be the star that we hoped he was going to be. And can we stop with the he missed all of last season. He's been practicing with the team and going against these guys for two years. (and obviously too many summer league games)

I hope I'm wrong and can eat my words, but besides the two 3 pointers he made today, the rest of his day was on the negative side of the ledger.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
Kitaman said:
I blame Johnne Selvie that this team sucks. He should have stayed around and become our coach.

Well purvis did take a a page from the Selvie playbook by stepping out of bounds after receiving the ball.

I think he will be fine. I would really see what Omar can add to this team though.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
Saying Purvis plays below the rim is one of dumbest comments I've seen here. TSam plays below the rim. Shabazz played below the rim. El Amin played below the rim. Ryan Boatright and Rodney Purvis do NOT play below the rim.

Reaction Score
one thing i will say that purvis and omar have in common, is that funky release on their jump shot

Reaction Score
Not only did Purvis sit out a year but he had surgery also. Different body part than Omar but we saw what surgery did to Omar last year. So I think it's going to take him a while before he's firing on all cylinders. We need to have some patience.

I will say though that I figured his handle would be better than it is. Maybe I've just been spoiled with Shabazz and Boat.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
lol i hate this place sometimes... this was purvis' first game in over a year,along with a surgery(ies) , i can't believe people keep bashing him... he's going to be a good player, he seems to be very happy, loves this team and works his as s off... it's a process, all new pieces... he took 7 shots and again it's his first game... also calhoun had a great freshman year, followed by an injury plagued year, and lost his spot in the process to giff, kromah, etc playing very well in his place... let the kid breathe

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
UConnSwag11 said:
lol i hate this place sometimes... this was purvis' first game in over a year,along with a surgery(ies) , i can't believe people keep bashing him... he's going to be a good player, he seems to be very happy, loves this team and works his as s off... it's a process, all new pieces... he took 7 shots and again it's his first game... let the kid breathe

Not his first game. You just tuning in? We played Bryant last Friday and two exhibitions before that.

But yea people need to give him time. He will be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC

Top Bottom