Purvis = Calhoun | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Purvis = Calhoun

Status
Not open for further replies.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I've told this story on the 'yard a few times, but after the Jackson State loss in the 1993 NIT, I was calling for Calhoun's head. Would rant about it to all my UConn friends (he had one great miracle run, and now we're fading back to oblivion, we need someone else to get us to the next level...). Hindsight says perhaps I was just a little off in that assessment. Of course, I was 22 and stupid - as opposed to older than 22 and stupid now.

But fortunately, there was no Boneyard yet, so my idiocy wasn't there in print to be quoted later.

Great story. And in fairness, some of these dudes are in their mid 40s.

Reaction Score
Before you get on me about another thread knocking Purvis or Calhoun, I just thought these two were going to be different players. Yes, its early, but....

They both jack up a lot of threes
They both don't have a handle
They both turn the ball over
They both play below the rim
They both get stuffed going up for layups

Purvis may turn into a good player, but he's not going to be the star that we hoped he was going to be. And can we stop with the he missed all of last season. He's been practicing with the team and going against these guys for two years. (and obviously too many summer league games)

I hope I'm wrong and can eat my words, but besides the two 3 pointers he made today, the rest of his day was on the negative side of the ledger.
After today's game I hope you don't post for another month. Otherwise, I will punch you in the throat.

Reaction Score
Before you get on me about another thread knocking Purvis or Calhoun, I just thought these two were going to be different players. Yes, its early, but....

They both jack up a lot of threes
They both don't have a handle
They both turn the ball over
They both play below the rim
They both get stuffed going up for layups

Purvis may turn into a good player, but he's not going to be the star that we hoped he was going to be. And can we stop with the he missed all of last season. He's been practicing with the team and going against these guys for two years. (and obviously too many summer league games)

I hope I'm wrong and can eat my words, but besides the two 3 pointers he made today, the rest of his day was on the negative side of the ledger.
And, you are a . You aren't a true fan and nobody likes you, including your mom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC