Purvis = Calhoun | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Purvis = Calhoun

Status
Not open for further replies.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Not his first game. You just tuning in? We played Bryant last Friday and two exhibitions before that.

But yea people need to give him time. He will be fine.
Since he didn't play in the Bryant game and the exhibition games don't count, technically it was his first game, so I guess Swag was tuned in!

Reaction Score
Not his first game. You just tuning in? We played Bryant last Friday and two exhibitions before that.

But yea people need to give him time. He will be fine.
He was suspended for the game against Bryant. A little advice for you, If you're going to call someone out you should know what you are talking about......You just tuning in?

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
He was suspended for the game against Bryant. A little advice for you, If you're going to call someone out you should know what you are talking about.You just tuning in?
Pretty sure 'sat out' is a term also used for suspensions.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
superjohn said:
He was suspended for the game against Bryant. A little advice for you, If you're going to call someone out you should know what you are talking about.You just tuning in?

4db949b725dde81043af201ae3a4dc0fc3c68aa42b6c913633ee39ee3beb9457.jpg

ctchamps

Reaction Score
Look at his avatar and you get the answer.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
fleudslipcon said:
Look at his avatar and you get the answer.

This board could use a shot of limited edition Mr. Hoopers apricot Brandy. The Brandy of choice of shark hunters everywhere

ctchamps

Reaction Score
This board could use a shot of limited edition Mr. Hoopers apricot Brandy. The Brandy of choice of shark hunters everywhere
This board certainly can!

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
What's your point? Yes, Rodney sat out the Bryant game because he was suspended 1 game for playing too much summer league.
My point is that it appeared you were correcting the other poster who said Purvis sat out by saying he was suspended. I read it as you thought the poster wasn't paying attention and believed Purvis sat out with an injury or something. I guess I missed your point. What was it exactly?

Reaction Score
Well purvis did take a a page from the Selvie playbook by stepping out of bounds after receiving the ball.

I think he will be fine. I would really see what Omar can add to this team though.
I think he will be fine too. Not convinced he is an outside shooter and definitely no PG but maybe the shooting will come down the line once he feels more confident and comfortable. The kid is a terrific athlete and his value may be as a slasher , scoring in transition and defender.

Reaction Score
My point is that it appeared you were correcting the other poster who said Purvis sat out by saying he was suspended. I read it as you thought the poster wasn't paying attention and believed Purvis sat out with an injury or something. I guess I missed your point. What was it exactly?
I was replying to the guy who said it wasn't Purvis' first game since we played Bryant on Friday. The point was he didn't think Purvis sat out against Bryant.

Reaction Score
lol i hate this place sometimes... this was purvis' first game in over a year,along with a surgery(ies) , i can't believe people keep bashing him... he's going to be a good player, he seems to be very happy, loves this team and works his as s off... it's a process, all new pieces... he took 7 shots and again it's his first game... also calhoun had a great freshman year, followed by an injury plagued year, and lost his spot in the process to giff, kromah, etc playing very well in his place... let the kid breathe

The worst part is that the people who will rip the kid most vocally after one game are the same ones who had him in the lottery all summer.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
The worst part is that the people who will rip the kid most vocally after one game are the same ones who had him in the lottery all summer.
Agreed. People need to lay off Purvis. He needs support or at least an absence of negativity. I'm sure the players read or are told what's posted here and don't Husky fans want Purvis to succeed here? Negative comments can't help. I will preface this by saying that this statement in no way changes my opinion the KLM from the women's team is out of shape and a defensive liability. Being out of shape and showing a lack of effort are the two things that a player deserves criticism for and Purvis displays neither of these flaws.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Yeah but he had plenty of summer league action. That's gotta count for something.
It doesn't. There's no scouting for summer league games. Practice for preparation. Gameplanning against the opponent. Etc etc. Playing an actual game is so much different than a typical summer league or exhibition.

Reaction Score

You misspelled "best." The best thing about message boards is that they enable you to observe dumb people in their natural environment.

Reaction Score
Before you get on me about another thread knocking Purvis or Calhoun, I just thought these two were going to be different players. Yes, its early, but....

They both jack up a lot of threes
They both don't have a handle
They both turn the ball over
They both play below the rim
They both get stuffed going up for layups

Purvis may turn into a good player, but he's not going to be the star that we hoped he was going to be. And can we stop with the he missed all of last season. He's been practicing with the team and going against these guys for two years. (and obviously too many summer league games)

I hope I'm wrong and can eat my words, but besides the two 3 pointers he made today, the rest of his day was on the negative side of the ledger.

So you're drawing all these conclusions about the kid after ONE freakin game? I'm sure more of us were a little concerned by his first half shooting but give the kid a chance already! With you at the helm, Dustin Pedroia would have been banished to single A after hitting .150 the first two months of his career.

I think we'll see him excel more as we get into some up tempo games that highlight his athleticism. Maybe we can get the rims lowered to nine feet so you see him stop playing below the rim.

Reaction Score
Wow after one real game and two exhibitions calling purvis a failure is ridiculous. Op give him a few games to get acclimated and learn to work besides RB. RB isn't a typical pg so it takes time especially coming off an injury. Yes he can be wild and force things but the boy had talent. He just needs to learn how to harness it. Omar never overly impressed me with his talent but I give him credit for sticking around and trying hard after last season. I think purvis will be valuable member to this team by the end of the year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC

Top Bottom