Pummel the Pirates Game Thread | Page 9 | The Boneyard

Pummel the Pirates Game Thread

Reaction Score
If Jalen makes those shots he'd be hogging all of ESPN's top plays.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
I’d love Dan’s take on TL there. Another year at uconn and straight to the first rd yeah! Just have to work on that one deficiency.

Thanks

Reaction Score
Larger can shoot a decent jumper, but he can't dribble, take it to the hoop, or defend.

Reaction Score
Wow. I don't get players today especially at the D1 level and during this game. The decision making is horrible! 2 on 3 break and you know you can't shoot well but you force a shot..and miss!? OMG

Reaction Score
CV makes a nice steal then plays to the crowd while ECU goes down and bangs an open 3. SMH
CV making a 3 the next possession is nice but it does nothing to get the 3 we gave up back.
Exactly! It is these "bad habits" from our "best players" that is so disappointing. Showboating, playing to the crowd, valuing flashy play over fundamentals, carrying the ball, lazy play without any urgency, not sharing the ball, ball watching on defense, low basketball IQ and no communications. Did I leave out anything?

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I’d love Dan’s take on TL there. Another year at uconn and straight to the first rd yeah! Just have to work on that one deficiency.
Dan didn't imply 1st round, implied improvement6

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Larier dribbling is horrible.

That's the area I was referring to that he could use an extra year on (and defensive discipline). He has already shown that he can rebound, shoot the 3, shoot the mid range, and even swat some shots like a minute ago...

Reaction Score
I assume they win this game, but there is nothing good coming out of it. Every bad habit and poor execution tendency is reinforced. KO should be ashamed to have a UConn team play like this.

crazyUCfan23

Long live the Civil ConFLiCT
Reaction Score
Yes, I meant to say if he stayed it would be five.
Oh gotcha. Either way, you make a fair point about larrier wanting to move on from college or dare I say transfer as a grad student...

Reaction Score
I know Mau, you and I have both criticized KO and deservingly so BUT as you and I understand - there's more to the whole picture than KO sucks - fire him
Agreed, there is more to the whole picture then just firing Ollie. Hopefully AD David Benedict is working to identify the biggest contributing factor... and a resolution to fix it.
If he finds that it is Ollie, then he needs to go.
If it's something else, then that needs to be taken care of.

Reaction Score
First of all, they will both get paid to play basketball somewhere. There's no doubt about that. Second, Larrier I believe is on record as saying he wasn't planning on coming back but Adams hasn't said anything in either direction.

Having said that, I think both could improve their stock by coming back next year, and it would make us better too...
I hope Larrier leaves, along with a few others, KO must just shake his head and wonder how supposed basketball players can be just plain dumb. It embarrassing how clueless some of the players are. You wonder how they will survive in the real world without someone holding their hand.

Reaction Score
That's the area I was referring to that he could use an extra year on (and defensive discipline). He has already shown that he can rebound, shoot the 3, shoot the mid range, and even swat some shots like a minute ago...

Not sure why another year in college will make the difference in correcting the deficits he should be addressing this year , but hasn't.

Reaction Score
After the Tulsa game, I was hopeful, but this is as bad as they have played against a weak opponent. It's almost like they saw they were favored by 16 and decided they didn't need to show up. Plus, the subs in the first half killed the positive momentum.

Reaction Score
The announcers are laughing at how bad the play is. Pathetic.
I feel bad for the people who braved the weather, and paid "hard earned" money to see this crap.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom