Pummel the Pirates Game Thread | Page 15 | The Boneyard

Pummel the Pirates Game Thread

Reaction Score
Those guys are never passed to. One alley a game and some put backs. Vital, Adams, and Larrier get all the shots regardless of how terrible some of those are. Unreal.
Also, KO's weird lineups upfront aren't helping things one bit. He keeps shuttling guys in and out and has no pattern. He also sits some of the bigs for certain games when it makes no sense. They might not be talented but that is tough on any player that is expected to develop. We are getting almost nothing inside and that is killing us.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Last game up three we chose not to foul and lost, this game we tried the "foul" up by three and it worked. At least Ollie passed something on to the players this week.

Reaction Score
People here are praising Polley for an easy rebound and hitting free throws? Not fouling again up 3 almost cost us the game again.

Bad bad coaching job by Ollie. Up 12 and he starts tinkering with the lineup. DO and Cobb and Polley. Anderson shouldn’t play but to spell another guard for a minute or two. But he was in last 8 minutes again.

I said it before and I will say it over and over. The three guard lineup is awful. It creates one on one basketball and it stalls the offense. We need two bigs setting back screens for Larrier and vital on the wing. Anderson sucks. Ollie doesn’t see this and never will.

Reaction Score
Also, KO's weird lineups upfront aren't helping things one bit. He keeps shuttling guys in and out and has no pattern. He also sits some of the bigs for certain games when it makes no sense. They might not be talented but that is tough on any players.
Whaley should never come off the floor except for foul trouble. Only guy who contests anything near the rim. Also more Williams. He hustles and rebounds.

Reaction Score
I am trying to be positive and the last 2 games it look like this team is improving slightly. But is there some reason this team can't close out wins? Its like both our basketball and football team have forgotten how to win games....

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Look at that, Polley with the rebound and makes both!!!

I'm glad Polley made the big play to ice the game, but CBS is showing that he had 10 minutes of burn today. The fact that you thought he was in a doghouse is probably due to the fact that he didn't make his presence known today. He's got potential, but he's gotta turn that into "kinetic"...

NowInStorrs

The truth is out there.
Reaction Score
Since we beat Oregon, we have beaten exactly two teams in regulation in the last 11 games. Those teams are ECU and Coppin State. To be fair, we did win two other games, although both Columbia and Monmouth took us to OT. Any other team beat us.

Reaction Score
People here are praising Polley for an easy rebound and hitting free throws? Not fouling again up 3 almost cost us the game again.

Bad bad coaching job by Ollie. Up 12 and he starts tinkering with the lineup. DO and Cobb and Polley. Anderson shouldn’t play but to spell another guard for a minute or two. But he was in last 8 minutes again.

I said it before and I will say it over and over. The three guard lineup is awful. It creates one on one basketball and it stalls the offense. We need two bigs setting back screens for Larrier and vital on the wing. Anderson sucks. Ollie doesn’t see this and never will.
If we had better shooting from them the 3 guard lineup would work. Unfortunately our guards besides Vital suck from shooting and thus have to drive to the basket to do one on one moves. It can be ugly.

Reaction Score
That is the problem. Does this team learn anything as the season progresses? The "a win is a win" attitude and reaction we are going to get from KO and the staff is NOT what is needed. This feels like a loss, doesn't it?

I was talking about that play inparticular and they handled it better this time, fouling before the three. But i get what you are saying. I like to stay on the positive side but this team can weigh you down.

You know what it feels like when you want some and your girl isnt in the mood but says... go ahead do your thing (this cant only happen to me LOL).. And you finish, but then you dont feel unsatisfied? Thats how this win feels.

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score

“Easy rebound.”

Reaction Score
Whaley should never come off the floor except for foul trouble. Only guy who contests anything near the rim. Also more Williams. He hustles and rebounds.
Unfortunately our coach is totally disconnected right now and just going through the motions. He is a walking zombie coach right now. I wouldn't put too much faith on him figuring this out during the season.

Reaction Score
Can you blame them?
Not at all. I think I am becoming indifferent myself. I kept the epsn boxscore up and checked in here and there, did not even bother to look for a stream though. That feels just awful. But that is where I am right now, honestly.

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
I'm glad Polley made the big play to ice the game, but CBS is showing that he had 10 minutes of burn today. The fact that you thought he was in a doghouse is probably due to the fact that he didn't make his presence known today. He's got potential, but he's gotta turn that into "kinetic"...
You can’t get any rhythm or confidence with 3 minutes here, two minutes there, when you’re a shooter who never sees the ball because of hero ball by the big 3. Adams, Vital and Larrier would actually get themselves easier shots if the defense had to worry about them passing.

Reaction Score
I thought they were playing later but then heard my group text on my phone go crazy and I looked at it and turned on the game. I was out anyhow doing things with my wife and her sister. I guess I'm glad I missed most of the game as it seemed more of the same. UGH! I have become indifferent to this team. I just want them to blow it all up an start over again as this is painful right now.

Reaction Score
I hate to say that we miss Vance, but we certainly miss someone who can be a reliable 3 point shooter...
Thought he and tl wouybe too soft as 3/4 but would be nice to stretch the floor just as low 40% 3pt shooters. Our whole offense could have been more dynamic. But still Vance was toooo much of a pretty boy for my liking to be honest. Not Uconn material. Waaaaayyyy too many selfy videos not even pics. Obj at least is training in his. Vance has a haircut. A new shirt. Brushes his teeth. It’s just not us. Check out his insta anytime.

Reaction Score
Shouldn’t be in that spot to begin with

Rewatch it it bounced right at him. But you can praise him all you want.

Yes I know that but that’s the way Jalen played today with TOs bad shots he gave up 10-16 points easy.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom