Providence | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Providence

Status
Not open for further replies.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
He's absolutely going to get an extension, and as the ACC rights itself—you have to figure Virginia gets back to normal, and Syracuse and Louisville will turn it around—he's going to go back to doing what he did in his first years at Pitt...having the 97th or worst best team by Kenpom 4 straight years.
Average Joe Johnson.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
Providence should hire Dusty May or Pat Kelsey.

Reaction Score
Providence should hire Dusty May or Pat Kelsey.
John Becker is still at Vermont…

Wouldn’t be surprised if Tobin Anderson’s name gets thrown around. I’d be shocked if they pulled a Seton Hall (although Halloway had a solid track record and history w/ Hall).

Wouldn’t be shocked if a recent staffer gets it.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score

Wouldn’t be surprised if Tobin Anderson’s name gets thrown around. I’d be shocked if they pulled a Seton Hall (although Halloway had a solid track record and history w/ Hall).

Becker is apparently a weird one, so I would be very surprised. I would not give Anderson much of a chance….there’s not a huge track record there. Am guessing Providence had never heard of him before last week.

I got a huge kick out of some of the media reports from Providence.

Providence will not try to poach a current Big East coach because they are too ethical for that…I mean, thank God they are not coming for Danny Hurley, right?

Oh, and they also will not go after Billy Donovan because they respect the Chicago Bulls too much.

Reaction Score
I wonder if Carter and Hopkins are scratching their heads? They both used up their 1 freebie of transfering.
I think they will get the waiver due to coach change if they want it. I have a feeling Hopkins goes pro and Carter stays tho. Carter Breed and Floyd seem to be unifying on socials.

If Hopkins comes back its a few portal moves away from being a pretty talented roster. Plus if they bring in say an English, he will bring some of his high value pieces at George Mason to install his system. All in how it all fits in tho

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
How about Speedy Claxton from Hofstra
English is their top choice right now as Shrewsberry is likely on his way to South Bend today. But Shrewsberry isn’t a northeast guy it wouldn’t really be a good fit.

But it’s complicated and works on timing. ND can throw money around to lure anyone, they just wish the Blue Jays had lost this past weekend.

As for Speedy, sounds like they are preferring English who coaches in a better/bigger conference. Personally I don’t think either hire is great.

Reaction Score
The biggest impediment to hiring a coach in Providence is the decline in the quality of food in this city. Providence has a proud Italian tradition and the food of the ‘70s and ‘80s reflected this. When Buddy Cianci was mayor, he ensured that this tradition would continue. Unfortunately, when the mob lost control of the city, the quality of the food downtown and on Federal Hill declined materially. Coaches care about food. That is the undisclosed reason as to why Cooley left. Any coach considering this assignment will have the same concern.

Reaction Score
Losing your head coach to a team in your own conference has gotta be a Herculean kick in the nads.
Has any other coach gone directly from one Big East to another?

Thanks

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
The biggest impediment to hiring a coach in Providence is the decline in the quality of food in this city. Providence has a proud Italian tradition and the food of the ‘70s and ‘80s reflected this. When Buddy Cianci was mayor, he ensured that this tradition would continue. Unfortunately, when the mob lost control of the city, the quality of the food downtown and on Federal Hill declined materially. Coaches care about food. That is the undisclosed reason as to why Cooley left. Any coach considering this assignment will have the same concern.

It's still a great food city, if it declined it didnt decline enough to not be better than 98% of country.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
It's still a great food city, if it declined it didnt decline enough to not be better than 98% of country.
Yeah, this is a weird flex. I've lived 20-25 minutes from Providence for almost 20 years now. It's much nicer now than it was 20 years ago. Safer, cleaner, more to do. There's no decline in restaurant quality that I've seen, and everything else is better.

Reaction Score

Looks like we are no longer Prov's most hated BE team.
I Guess If You Say So GIF

Reaction Score

Looks like we are no longer Prov's most hated BE team.
I Guess If You Say So GIF
I read that thread. UConn has been demoted to #2 on the most hated list for PC fans and by a big distance. One of the posters was quoted as saying something to the effect of "want Hurley and UConn to curb stomp Cooley and G"town... can anyone believe we are actually saying that?"

SwingDog

"THIS is the life you have"
Reaction Score
I would think associate head coach Jeff Battle who's been with the program for eight years will also be considered, ala Adrian Autry @ Syracuse.

Reaction Score

Won’t be Anderson. Also kinda a bummer for Kimani, thought this would be a great job for him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ranon

Top Bottom