Providence Coach Admits $2 Beers Helped Fuel UConn Victory | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Providence Coach Admits $2 Beers Helped Fuel UConn Victory

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Lol, and yet here you are... Well, I guess that’s a healthy attitude to have if you are a Friar fan.

I think don’t think Cooley hurt anyone’s feelings as much as he embarrassed himself and by extension the program. Which might have hurt the feelings of some PC fans, at least those who care more deeply than you do.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score

Generally, I regard them as people who never had fastballs.

But on Cooley…..he just needs to shut up. Seriously, just shut up.

He’s literally the second coming of Jarvis and we didn’t need the first incarnation.

Reaction Score
Generally, I regard them as people who never had fastballs.

But on Cooley…..he just needs to shut up. Seriously, just shut up.

He’s literally the second coming of Jarvis and we didn’t need the first incarnation.
Hey. This whole PC pre and post game banter has been cute. Now it’s time for them to crawl back under their rock for a few weeks until they lose the Thursday game at the BET and we can hear them say how they still think Cooley is the best.

Reaction Score
Kinda arrogant for Ed to link two dollar beers to their loss.. The better team won.. Man up and move on

Reaction Score
Is the $2 beer night unlimited, or one per ticket holder?

Wasn’t there, but it sounded like unlimited, but only for the first half.

It was unlimited (though I think could only buy 2 per person per trip thru the line), but per my student daughter they were sold out by tip-off.

Reaction Score
I wish when I was there they ever ran a promotion. At the time they still charged students for games and concessions were only cheap at soccer games. Guarantee if every night was $2 beer night, or something fun like $1 hotdog night, the student section would be packed to the brim.
Concessions were cheap at the soccer games when I went to UConn because we’d bring our own into the stands. One time we even had a keg! 18 year old drinking age and the late 70s resulted in more relaxed times. Now, if only I graduated on time!

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
Always been a big fan of Ed but he slipped up here. Not only should he not have said it, but he’s wrong. He (and his team) are going to have the biggest target on their back from our fan base now. PC was never our rival, and our little cousin should never be our rival, but now it’s more than just another game.

CL82

Reaction Score
I think the question that everyone's neglected to ask is:

If Sacreds are sacred, what are $2 miller lites? and how do we capitalize on their _______-ness?
Inexpensive?

CL82

Reaction Score

Thanks Friar. Back at you. I always root for big east teams to do well. And don’t worry about Cooley embarrassing himself by insulting the fans of winning team after and 18 point loss. It was a bad day for him. I’m sure he was frustrated.

Good luck finding that “secret UConn fan mole” who is hiding on your board!

Reaction Score
He (and his team) are going to have the biggest target on their back from our fan base now. PC was never our rival, and our little cousin should never be our rival, but now it’s more than just another game.
Isn't that the point? He has to be thrilled that we're making tshirts.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
If you can't wait until next season for $2 Beer Night, Hartford Athletic is having 6 of them this year. Last year, one of the choices was L'il Heaven. Dollar dogs, as well.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom