Prognosticator's Game 7 (Baylor) Predictions | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Prognosticator's Game 7 (Baylor) Predictions

Reaction Score
Baylor 70 - 62. If they play in the tourney, reverse the score...

Reaction Score
Team will try to prove to Geno that they're not the worst shooting team he has ever had. UConn wins 81 - 69

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
It all boils down to how good our 3-point shooting is, and how much their defense can affect both Paige's shooting and passing. I don't think our 3 point shooting will be great, but I expect us to make about 6 or 7, so I'm gonna go with an 11 point win. To be honest, I would not be surprised to see us win by 15+.

UCONN 74
Baylor 63

Reaction Score
This team is different and has real leaders. UConn wins 78-64.

BTW Paige will take (and make) - at least one buzzer beater this game.

Reaction Score
Baylor's defense combined with shooting woes is just enough, Baylor 61-59 (and hope I'm wrong)

Reaction Score
I wrote this on the Paige thread but it also applies here:
IMHO Paige will start a little antsy but quickly settles into her normal game!
Once she does settle in she will look for her own shot when available as Geno wants her to do, which will open up her passing game to teammates!
Also look for ONO and Edwards to have great games hustling down the court making Egbo and Smith chase them! UCONN has too much speed and athletic bodies for Baylor to contend with!
I also feel Anna and Evina have breakout games!
UCONN's defense plays it's best game of the year!
UCONN rises to the occasion and wins by 10+ points! UCONN 81 / Baylor 68

Reaction Score
Baylor doesn't quite have the offensive firepower they did last year. Cooper and Cox bailed out Baylor in a big way in last year's game, so someone besides Smith will have to step up and put points on the board. UConn is better offensively than they were last year (despite the shooting woes). Therefore, I will subtract 10 points from Baylor's point total last year and add 10 points to UConn's score to get:

Uconn: 68
Baylor: 64

Last edited:

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
I have mixed feelings about this game. UConn probably has more talent and should win. However the game is being played in WACO and which Anna we'll see. Are we going to see the Anna that was playing at the end of last season or are we going to see the Anna that has played this year.

I'm predicting a Baylor Win. Baylor 75 UConn 65.

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
My thoughts are:
Baylor will have trouble bringing the ball up court. Evina starts on Didi and is in her grill all game. Look for the 1-2-2 with occasional pressure.
Pressure causes Baylor to start their offense further out than they want. Causes longer passes. Paige and CW will be poaching the passing lanes. Will the Bear guards get the ball inside? If not it's a long night for Baylor.
Liv outruns the defense to score early putting pressure on the Baylor bigs to run more than they have to date. Can they keep up is the question.
Fouls on Liv and/or Aaliyah cause rotation problems meaning Anna and Aubrey will have to step up and handle Smith in the D end.

Conclusion:
Didi a great defender but is revealed as an inadequate point guard at this level.
Baylor is thwarted in the half court and outrun in the full court.
4 UConn players score between 14-20 each (Liv, CW, E, and the other one :)
UConn 73 - Baylor 63 unless Anna finds her shot. Then Katie bar the door.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Midterms are late this year. UConn’s first test has me thinking they won’t pass with flying colors. But a win is a win. UConn 79-70

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Can't see Huskies beating Bears in Texas. First long away game, rusty from the layoff.

Baylor wins 79-68.

Reaction Score
UConn 76 - Baylor 67. Just a guess. I just want UConn to win. Baylor will not lay down and let UConn roll. However, I think UConn will have a good shooting game.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
This is not the Baylor of last season. They escaped with a win over USF and didn't look good at all. And this is not the UConn of last season. This UConn team is better despite the perceived shooting woes. I see it as a crap shoot. SO-------

UConn wins in Waco 71 60.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jjblox

Top Bottom