Problem - These teams are just better. | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Problem - These teams are just better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I think it is possible Hamilton is deferring to Boat. Boat is a very good player and a strong personality.

And sometimes it takes players a long time to fully realize how much they can dominate. Ben Gordon, I remember, didn't quite figure out how good he was until midway through Junior year, so I hope Hamilton, and to a lesser extent Purvis, are in that camp.

But...the big difference between them and Gordon is that Gordon--even when he didn't quite realize how good he was--still scored a lot.
I totally agree with Fishy! Adams has leadership written all over him and that's not a bad thing. I don't get that DHam or Rodney have a preference for leading. Not to say they won't assert themselves.

AB enjoys leading but he doesn't have the bb IQ currently. TSam enjoys leading but he should be a back up guard with limited minutes on the floor. Adams is the perfect player for this team as far as leadership goes.

And as far as the other point Fishy made, I agree that Rodney is a better player than he knows. People confuse his outward demeanor. The kid's problem is confidence. Not lack of control. Not selfishness. Not fundamentals. DHam also lacks confidence but I think he overcomes it quicker. Adams does not lack confidence. TSam does not lack confidence. AB is normally confident but he's going through a slight confidence adjustment currently. I expect that changes next season. KF doesn't lack confidence. He's just lost. SamJ does not lack confidence. OC I just can't figure out.

Reaction Score
Easy to figure out OC: He's a player who doesn't get enough play time to get confidence in his game, and he had poor shooting form as well, which lead to inconsistent shooting game to game.

Reaction Score
Why on earth would you think that ? He was supposed to improve immensely this year. Against Temple his line was 3 points and 1 rebound in 28 minutes. Sure, he also had 5 blocks, but as pointed out above, many times, his propensity to try and block shots directly results in offensive rebounds or easy baskets.

I'd like to think Brimah will be a different player next year, but at some point, you have to accept that he is what he is.
He has to get better with his decision making on when to go for the block and when to stay with his man. Right now he leaves his man way to much to go for the block and his man gets easy offensive rebounds and points.If he can do that he'll be a lot better and a big mans camp will help him a lot. He'll get more rebounds simply by staying in position.
Last summer he was recovering from surgery and couldn't practice. He has a lot of time to get better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom