Pressure mounting on Notre Dame.... | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Pressure mounting on Notre Dame....

Reaction Score
I'd like to think we a pals with ND, given our shared history/spirited battles on the basketball court and other venues in the BE. No residual animosity, right? I would think their athletic department wouldn't mind renewing acquaintances with our athletic department, right?

Reaction Score
I'd like to think we a pals with ND, given our shared history/spirited battles on the basketball court and other venues in the BE. No residual animosity, right? I would think their athletic department wouldn't mind renewing acquaintances with our athletic department, right?
The ACC channel needs content and UConn has that in spades with the UConn Women, and maybe the greatest coach in the history of the sport of basketball. Instead of the Geno Show on SNY, I would think the ACC Network would bend over backwards to distribute it. The rivalry with Muffit McGraw and Notre Dame is legendary.

Reaction Score
The ACC channel needs content and UConn has that in spades with the UConn Women, and maybe the greatest coach in the history of the sport of basketball. Instead of the Geno Show on SNY, I would think the ACC Network would bend over backwards to distribute it. The rivalry with Muffit McGraw and Notre Dame is legendary.

Too bad Geno has definitely rounded the Amen Corner of his career. I’m sure most of us are apprehensive about what will happen to the program when the legend retires. We are seeing that first hand with the men.

Reaction Score
You're wrong as always troll. The ACC could have preempted the Big 12 if they wanted them so bad. You live in NYC? Go ahead and ignore that UCONN owns MSG when they play there. No ACC team is capable of doing that. For an alumnus you work really hard to root against UCONN. And you are an idiot.
I think to need to open your eyes and get real. Neither the Big 12 nor the ACC chose UConn. That is a fact. MSG is in fairly close proximity to Fairfield County. Easy commute to watch a game for UConn fans, nothing more. As far as UConn "owning" NYC, I don't see it here. Sorry. I do not root against UConn. I watch and hope they win every game, ands have attending many games at MSG, but the fantasy bubble of conference realignment for me has burst.

Reaction Score
I think to need to open your eyes and get real. Neither the Big 12 nor the ACC chose UConn. That is a fact. MSG is in fairly close proximity to Fairfield County. Easy commute to watch a game for UConn fans, nothing more. As far as UConn "owning" NYC, I don't see it here. Sorry. I do not root against UConn. I watch and hope they win every game, ands have attending many games at MSG, but the fantasy bubble of conference realignment for me has burst.
You openly root against UCONN. It's obvious that you're a WVU fan. You should spend time on their message boards. Every one of your posts is anti-UCONN. You're such a tool.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
You openly root against UCONN. It's obvious that you're a WVU fan. You should spend time on their message boards. Every one of your posts is anti-UCONN. You're such a tool.
I only stated that WVU has strong successful athletics. Nothing more. The are in the Big 12 and will be there until the GOR expires or the conference collapses. If stating the truth makes someone anti UConn then you are one with the problem.

Reaction Score
Too bad Geno has definitely rounded the Amen Corner of his career. I’m sure most of us are apprehensive about what will happen to the program when the legend retires. We are seeing that first hand with the men.
Geno is only 62, Jim Calhoun retired when he was 70, and would still be coaching the UConn men had some health issues not slowed him down. Mike Krzyzewski is 70 now and still going strong. I think your post is a ridiculous feeble attempt to not only write off Geno but the future of UConn athletics as well. It also gives ammo to the usual trolls that prowl this thread like sharks.

Reaction Score
... your post is a ridiculous feeble attempt to not only write off Geno but the future of UConn athletics as well...

I'm not trying to write off Geno at all. I think and hope that he will be around for at least 10 more years. I worry about what happens post-Geno though. And yes, I am worried about the future of UConn athletics as well. It is why I obsess about realignment.

...It also gives ammo to the usual trolls that prowl this thread like sharks.

They don't need anything I say for ammo. They will make come up with stuff their own. This is just one fan's opinion. I have absolutely no inside knowledge, nor do I have an agenda (unlike some of the sock puppets that are on this board).

Reaction Score
I'm not trying to write off Geno at all. I think and hope that he will be around for at least 10 more years. I worry about what happens post-Geno though. And yes, I am worried about the future of UConn athletics as well. It is why I obsess about realignment.

They don't need anything I say for ammo. They will make come up with stuff their own. This is just one fan's opinion. I have absolutely no inside knowledge, nor do I have an agenda (unlike some of the sock puppets that are on this board).
Just for the record I think he coaches here until he's in his early 70's, maybe longer if his health is good.

Reaction Score
I only stated that WVU has strong successful athletics. Nothing more. The are in the Big 12 and will be there until the GOR expires or the conference collapses. If stating the truth makes someone anti UConn then you are one with the problem.
That's crap. You promote WVU over UCONN every chance you get. You should spend time on their boards.

Reaction Score
Every chance? Get real. You and husky rob1 need to get your heads out of the sand and see what's happening around you.

Reaction Score
Every chance? Get real. You and husky rob1 need to get your heads out of the sand and see what's happening around you.
Yes tool, every chance you get. Go on WVU's message board. It's clear as hell that's who you root for. You add nothing.

Reaction Score
I see trolls all around this thread. Lol
Their are 5 stages of grieving: Denial, Anger, Bargaining, Depression, and Acceptance. I have been through all of them with UConn and I am now in the Acceptance stage. You and SCHusky are nearing the end of the denial stage and beginning the anger stage. You will see.

dayooper

It's what I do. I drink and I know things.
Reaction Score
Their are 5 stages of grieving: Denial, Anger, Bargaining, Depression, and Acceptance. I have been through all of them with UConn and I am now in the Acceptance stage. You and SCHusky are nearing the end of the denial stage and beginning the anger stage. You will see.

What a minute. You aren't still in the anger phase?

:)

Reaction Score
I assume you are insinuating WVU will be in the ACC. Wrong again! If the ACC has to pick between WVU and UCONN, they will pick UCONN. They will not pick a school in a crappy market with crappy academics again. You really are an idiot.
UConn is stuck in the AAC forever. We will never be upgraded top P%.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Agreed...unfortunately we are hurt by not being physically closer to NYC to truly assert we are NYCs team and poor long term demographics. The future is south and west, not north and east.

Best case scenario, the P5 morphs into the P6. To do that UConn needs to get its basketball act together....we are killing this conference by being sheety. Football wise the AAC is doing pretty well....especially if we can continue to keep the other G5 conferences out of the NY6 bowls.

Reaction Score
Maybe, maybe not. Who knows at this point. But when the Big 12 COR ends WVU will be trying to move to the ACC. What I'm saying is that if the ACC has to choose between us and WVU, they will pick us. At this point I think it's looking like we'll end up in the new Big East. There seems to be an increasing amount of chatter about it. They'll probably figure out where to park football.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom