Premium Ways the B12 Can Die in a Fire Thread | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Premium Ways the B12 Can Die in a Fire Thread

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Kirk Bohls ‏@kbohls 23m23 minutes ago
Also ran into AAC commish Mike Aresco, who said he had dinner with B12 commish Bob Bowlsby last night. Those two may be joined at the hip.
I suspect that it is a done deal and Bob just let Mike know who the B12 is taking. The rest is all dog and pony show.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
On one hand...

...and on the other

Since it doesn't pop up in embedded tweets, this is the quoted tweet Finger was agreeing with:

Geoff Ketchum @gkketch
Those that think UH's win was a positive for Big 12 membership don't understand what the UH/Big 12 conversation is even about.
1 retweet 6 likes

Reaction Score
Not earth shattering, but Self agrees geography/distance not an issue.

KU's Bill Self dishes on potential Big 12 expansion | KUsports.com Mobile

Not sure why you posted something about geography when this is the most important quote in the article:

As for the impact expansion might have on his program, Self said adding teams might not be a popular move among Big 12 basketball coaches.

“I think all our coaches agree we’ve got a pretty good deal going,” he said. “There’s no question that if the move is made it would be primarily to benefit football and we know football drives the bus in so many ways. We understand that and respect that, but we kind of like what we’ve got going now.”

If anybody really believes the KU President is going to vote on something like CR without consulting key people in his AD they are crazy. For any of these coaches to claim they know nothing is BS. I'm sure they all have a pretty good feel for what their own school is thinking.

Sorry Fishy - I broke the rule

BlueandOG

We are not amused.
Reaction Score
FWIW

Mark Blaudschun@blauds1 min ago
Big 12 expansion interviews begin in Dallas. Four serious candidates-UConn,Cin, BYU, Houston. TMGcollegesports.com@MrCFB
"According to sources familiar with the process, UConn officials will meet with Big 12 officials in Dallas this week, on either Thursday or Friday"

"The presentations should be concluded by the end of the week or early next week. Big 12 commissioner Bob Bowlsby and his staff are then expected to decide on a final list of schools to give to the Big 12 Presidents for consideration when they meet next month. Houston, Cincinnati and UConn are expected to be the final contenders for two spots.

The Presidents will either choose two schools or vote not to expand, which would go against the recommendation of Bowlsby who feels the Big 12’s best chance to stay relevant among the Power 5 conference schools is to expand to 12 schools and create a conference championship game with two divisions of six schools."

Reaction Score
"The presentations should be concluded by the end of the week or early next week. Big 12 commissioner Bob Bowlsby and his staff are then expected to decide on a final list of schools to give to the Big 12 Presidents for consideration when they meet next month. Houston, Cincinnati and UConn are expected to be the final contenders for two spots.

The Presidents will either choose two schools or vote not to expand, which would go against the recommendation of Bowlsby who feels the Big 12’s best chance to stay relevant among the Power 5 conference schools is to expand to 12 schools and create a conference championship game with two divisions of six schools."

Best decision for them to add Cincy and UCONN to get to 12. This Houston and Texas politics really complicate things. I am not sure if B12 North schools can get 2 out of TCU, Baylor, or Texas Tech to vote with them for UCONN and Cincy. If they go by pure academics and markets, UCONN is the easy choice if Houston is the other. I hope they go to 14 like other P5s (UCONN, Cincy, BYU, Houston) to satisfy all parties except for the networks.

Reaction Score
Best decision for them to add Cincy and UCONN to get to 12. This Houston and Texas politics really complicate things. I am not sure if B12 North schools can get 2 out of TCU, Baylor, or Texas Tech to vote with them for UCONN and Cincy. If they go by pure academics and markets, UCONN is the easy choice if Houston is the other. I hope they go to 14 like other P5s (UCONN, Cincy, BYU, Houston) to satisfy all parties except for the networks.

Bye

Reaction Score

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom