Premium Ways the B12 Can Die in a Fire Thread | Page 11 | The Boneyard

Premium Ways the B12 Can Die in a Fire Thread

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Well, I'll still post tweets here, what the heck...

IF the league comes apart in 2025, when its current TV deals and Grant of Rights expire, and IF the conference landscape looks generally similar to what it does now, the biggest question would be whether Texas and Oklahoma bind together or act on their own. If the latter, Texas goes to the Big Ten and Oklahoma the SEC. Those two leagues are the clear alpha dog conferences, and those two schools are the only ones with the leverage to essentially pick their spot.

As for the other schools, Oklahoma State would go wherever Oklahoma does. Texas Tech in the Big Ten seems like an odd fit, but if that’s what it takes to get Texas, Jim Delany’s successor would likely do it.

After that … I’m not sure any of the others would land in a current Power 5 conference. The ACC would be more likely to take Connecticut than West Virginia, and if the Pac-12 can’t get Texas or Oklahoma it either stays put or grabs a couple of closer schools like Boise State. So Baylor, TCU, Kansas, Kansas State, Iowa State and West Virginia would be in much the same boat as the schools trying to get into the Big 12 now. Perhaps there would be some sort of marriage between the Big 12’s leftovers and the best of the Group of 5.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I lived parts of that movie when I worked in Silicon Valley from 1997 - 2003. I still remember the electric shocks from the industrial carpets... ;)

I was in the Valley from 96-99. Of course the movie is set in Austin, TX.

Reaction Score
The time to panic was when Warde was sipping pina coladas.* We were dead in the water then, the B12 was just a fantasy to kill time with. The real losers there are Houston and Cincy, one of whom built a new football stadium and the other who renovated/expanded for millions.

*Hypothetical. It was do or die then, I don't really care at this point if no one was to blame. As Yoda said, there is no try.

I thought it was Mai Tai's he was sipping?

Reaction Score
New Reports of Baylor sexual misconduct have come out per the WSJ.....and it is uglier than anyone imagined including Briles knowledge........it may be the Big 9 soon

Reaction Score
Iowa State will be fine long term, too. The Dakota Access pipeline goes right by them. St Louis and the Mississippi River is going to become very rich.

Reaction Score
In a 714-word league memo covering the league's talking points, written obtained by ESPN, the first two items instructed officials to "Indicate the Board arrived at a "Unanimous Consensus" and say "the Board was unanimous in its desire and commitment to stay at 10 members."

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom