Premier League 22-23 | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Premier League 22-23

Reaction Score
Yea, I was kinda thinking the new owners want their own guy in there. They were just handed some good reasons to change.

This has been coming since last spring when they started to play poorly. And he’s never left a place on his own terms. Now we hear he’s yet again been in conflict with ownership.

He’s been failing up all along. He wasn’t that good at Dortmund, wasn’t good at PSG. He won a Champions League that almost doesn’t count with some other guy’s team.

The Pulisic thing was symptomatic of the bigger picture. There were lots of nagging issues like Pulisic and other players.

It’s like certain guys were routinely setup less optimally on purpose. Pulisic would have a great game or two and then get benched (Christian needs rest!) only to be subbed in too late and when nothing happens it’s like see! I told you we can’t trust him,

Meanwhile there is a laundry list of Chelsea screwups that never were benched.

Reaction Score
Wolves lost Sasa Kalajdzik to an ACL tear in his very first game. Now looking to sign Diego Costa. He's 33 and one of the most hated players to play in the PL in the recent era. Not liking it at all.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Looks like all the EPL games are going to be postponed this weekend in wake of the Queen's death. I think the EFL also.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Arsenal finally get to play a "big" club this weekend (yea, you know who doesn't count). Sunday vs Liverpool. Could/should be a good game.

Reaction Score
Arsenal finally get to play a "big" club this weekend (yea, you know who doesn't count). Sunday vs Liverpool. Could/should be a good game.
We're not gonna win the league this year, but if you guys/Spurs could pip Man City, I would be a happy man.

I will be rooting for the Gunners in every game except against us (Liverpool). We need to get back on track and get into those CL spots.

Reaction Score
The bias on this Chelsea broadcast is absurd. Anytime Pulisic does something it’s somehow “gone horribly wrong”. If anyone else makes a similar play it’s just “unfortunate” or whatever.

He had a ridiculous shot on goal from outside the box but resulted in a great save. Pulisic just looks like a good player who hasn’t been playing much.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
The bias on this Chelsea broadcast is absurd. Anytime Pulisic does something it’s somehow “gone horribly wrong”. If anyone else makes a similar play it’s just “unfortunate” or whatever.

He had a ridiculous shot on goal from outside the box but resulted in a great save. Pulisic just looks like a good player who hasn’t been playing much.

He looked rusty an ineffective early but worked into form (that first half shot being the delineator). It appeared to me that he was not the first or even second look from his teammates as he was wide open and in good position more than a few times only for the ball to be swung the other direction.

I don't think he is working well with Cucurella but I think that's on Cucurella. The guy seems slow to make the decision to push the ball forward.

CP does have a few issues that are likely contributing to his lack of playing time. He's really only good from 25 yds into goal. He doesn't do much as an outlet. Azpilicueta was much better here and that supports them favoring his side today especially early. CP also still looks undersized and doesn't mix it up very much. He also favors cutting inside to his right foot a bit too much for my liking. It's predictable even though he is a very good dribbler. His edge over over players is making things happen inside 25yds with the ball on the wing. Would like him to be more effective with his crosses (as in try some).

Reaction Score
He looked rusty an ineffective early but worked into form (that first half shot being the delineator). It appeared to me that he was not the first or even second look from his teammates as he was wide open and in good position more than a few times only for the ball to be swung the other direction.

I don't think he is working well with Cucurella but I think that's on Cucurella. The guy seems slow to make the decision to push the ball forward.

CP does have a few issues that are likely contributing to his lack of playing time. He's really only good from 25 yds into goal. He doesn't do much as an outlet. Azpilicueta was much better here and that supports them favoring his side today especially early. CP also still looks undersized and doesn't mix it up very much. He also favors cutting inside to his right foot a bit too much for my liking. It's predictable even though he is a very good dribbler. His edge over over players is making things happen inside 25yds with the ball on the wing. Would like him to be more effective with his crosses (as in try some).

I think you are seeing things. His stats are literally as good as Mason’s with like a tenth of the minutes.

He was fine, he just wasn’t putting anything on frame, but nobody else did until Havertz scored.

And then he scores and the two jerk off Brits gave all the credit to Mount.

Nobody has more non penalty goals (20) than Pulisic since 2019.

He will have no problem finding another good club. I hope gets out of that crap hole.

Reaction Score
I think you are seeing things. His stats are literally as good as Mason’s with like a tenth of the minutes.

He was fine, he just wasn’t putting anything on frame, but nobody else did until Havertz scored.

And then he scores and the two jerk off Brits gave all the credit to Mount.

Nobody has more non penalty goals (20) than Pulisic since 2019.

He will have no problem finding another good club. I hope gets out of that crap hole.

*No Chelsea player

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Good game (possibly) this weekend. Liverpool/Man City. If Liverpool doesn't pull of an upset, they are pretty much out of the title race. If both Man City and Arsenal win this weekend, that will put Liverpool 17/16 points off the lead. That's a long way to make up.

Sunday 11:30 (EDST) on USA Network.

Reaction Score
Anfield was electric for today's game. Liverpool has a problem with Nunez. I wouldn't want him on my team. Maybe klopp figures it out or they sell him

Leeds looked great in the second half but they need a 9 who can put one on net and press. Bamford was not even close today. Aaronson was so good, truly brings into question GGG's usmnt tactics

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Anfield was electric for today's game. Liverpool has a problem with Nunez. I wouldn't want him on my team. Maybe klopp figures it out or they sell him
Perhaps they could trade him for Mbappe?

Reaction Score

Leeds looked great in the second half but they need a 9 who can put one on net and press. Bamford was not even close today. Aaronson was so good, truly brings into question GGG's usmnt tactics
He was incredibly selfish on a couple plays then couldn’t finish to save his life. He needs to be better. Firmino has earned his starting spot over him for sure.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Midweek EPL games this week.

ManU vs Tottenham today. (hope they both lose)

Arsenal would have played City except for the Queen dying. Have to do out Europa League make-up against PSV tomorrow.

Reaction Score
Spurs are finishing 5-7 with the way they play the top clubs. That was a performance Nuno would be pleased with

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Does Jesse get the sack after another L?

I'm not sure what they were expecting. They barely stayed up and lost their best player. I don't think club sacks their manager with the WC looming. Beating Bournemouth and Wolves is probably a requirement. Fair or not, Americans are at a disadvantage in the league.

Reaction Score
I watch as much Leeds as possible because Aaronson is a genuine talent. Patrick Bamford can’t score, which isn’t the best quality as a striker. Time will tell on Jesse, they certainly create chances but don’t finish them

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I'm not sure what they were expecting. They barely stayed up and lost their best player. I don't think club sacks their manager with the WC looming. Beating Bournemouth and Wolves is probably a requirement. Fair or not, Americans are at a disadvantage in the league.
Yea, if things don't improve in the next couple of weeks before the WC, I imagine the WC would be a great time to make a change.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Fair or not, Americans are at a disadvantage in the league.
I don't know if I buy that. I just think American soccer coaches suck but they think they know what they are doing.

Reaction Score
Imagine being paid as much as Potter or Tuchel and needing a game like this to find out that starting Pulisic and Sterling is a terrible idea.

This is why I have no sympathy for these clowns.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom