Premier League 22-23 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Premier League 22-23

BlueandOG

We are not amused.
Reaction Score
Come join the Spurs. Tottenham has the white and navy blue colors you're familiar with, London based so easy to visit, best stadium in the league, possibly best front 3 in Europe right now and racking up goals, always on TV, top 6 historic club but often disrespected so you won't be frontrunning with a Duke (Man City) or Kentucky (Chelsea) type club. Obviously Liverpool have the Fenway connection so they're out. Think they'll be playing with a chip on their shoulder this year with a GOAT level manager in Conte and should surprise in the end. Also in Champions League which is much more fun. Spurs have a great Boston presence too: Boston Supporters' Club | Tottenham Hotspur
You make a compelling case! Thank you!

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Eve/Che was the 12:30 game on USA.

Reaction Score
Come join the Spurs. Tottenham has the white and navy blue colors you're familiar with, London based so easy to visit, best stadium in the league, possibly best front 3 in Europe right now and racking up goals, always on TV, top 6 historic club but often disrespected so you won't be frontrunning with a Duke (Man City) or Kentucky (Chelsea) type club. Obviously Liverpool have the Fenway connection so they're out. Think they'll be playing with a chip on their shoulder this year with a GOAT level manager in Conte and should surprise in the end. Also in Champions League which is much more fun. Spurs have a great Boston presence too: Boston Supporters' Club | Tottenham Hotspur
jrazz12:

I'm not sure Spurs fans would be keen on you calling the team "the" Spurs; this coming from a 21-year Chelsea fan. BTW, I root for Spurs against anyone else (love Harry Kane and Heung Min Son).

jrazz12

BEast mode
Reaction Score
Both of you need to relax, good lord. "when the Spurs go marching in" ring a bell?

Reaction Score
So I've tried to get into this but feel no connection to the teams. Who should a UCONN fan from Boston who hates the Red Sox ownership cheer for?
I'm not as big of a fan as the guys on this board. My son is a huge fan, and I watch every weekend, but I don't really study the league/teams. My family first started watching premier league because my 6 year old soccer playing son started watching it when he'd get out of bed early and it would be on in the background all morning. We picked teams pretty randomly. So here are some random thoughts as you make your decision.

While it may seem fun to pick a lower-level team to not be a front runner, it will cause you more pain than pleasure over time. Remember, the bottom 3 get relegated each year. Some teams yo-yo up and down. Some disappear for a long time. Teams are relatively locked into ranges. You have a big six of Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool, Man City, Many U, Tottenham. Your winner is going to come out of this group almost exclusively, and most of the Champions League spots will go to this group. Your next group can be fun. They may sneak into a Champions League spot, or even win the league like Leicester (biggest upset of any sport?). Leicester, Everton, West Ham, Crystal Palace to name a few. They tend to range from 4th in dream seasons to fighting off relegation (Everton) once in a while.

A team that could be fun to jump on to be different is New Castle. They just got super rich middle eastern ownership and are going to spending a lot of money. They were my original team because I liked the sea horse on the crest (scientific decision, right).

You may want to look at ownership though. I don't know, I don't love that Saudi Arabia basically bought New Castle. Maybe they'll play LIV events on their pitch. Other teams, including Man City, are similarly owned or funded by middle eastern oil money, and Chelsea WAS owned by an Oligarch that was forced to sell.

Finally, you may want to see if there is a large group of fans for a team in your area. It could be fun to pick Arsenal (as an example of a popular team) if there is a bar nearby where fans hang out.

Reaction Score
You don’t pick a club. The club picks you. You wake up one day realize you like that team.

Otherwise you are just a poser and your “fandom” really is inauthentic.

Reaction Score
^ just like Clemsoning is a thing of the past, Spurs have the goods to lift something this year

Watching this Brentford beat down, this is tasty

Reaction Score
^ just like Clemsoning is a thing of the past, Spurs have the goods to lift something this year

Did Man U fire that loser Chris Armas as assistant manager yet?

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Did Man U fire that loser Chris Armas as assistant manager yet?

That was some crap today if you're a ManU fan or just a soccer fan. If I'm the manager, everyone's account has been emptied. Don't come to practice tomorrow expecting any credit for what you may have done in the past. In fact, if you are not prepared to start at square one, don't come at all an we'll get rid of you. Probably the most humiliating performance in the history of the club.

Reaction Score
That was some crap today if you're a ManU fan or just a soccer fan. If I'm the manager, everyone's account has been emptied. Don't come to practice tomorrow expecting any credit for what you may have done in the past. In fact, if you are not prepared to start at square one, don't come at all an we'll get rid of you. Probably the most humiliating performance in the history of the club.
Man U………………toooooooo baaaad.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I love that Tottenham and Chelsea both dropped points. But wow, did Chelsea get ripped off by the refs (including VAR). That was frighteningly bad.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score

Enjoy the taste - it wont be there long
Man U is Man U

Reaction Score
We'll see. They need so much help and I doubt they can fix it in 2 windows

Reaction Score
Liverpool should have kept Mane and shipped Mo.
Firstly…no. Secondly, Mane wanted to leave. Mo wanted to stay. You tend to keep the star and arguably best player in the league, that wants to stay.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Firstly…no. Secondly, Mane wanted to leave. Mo wanted to stay. You tend to keep the star and arguably best player in the league, that wants to stay.
If they sold Salah, Mane stays.

Reaction Score
Well, after the first two weeks of watching I was worried that Wolves might end up in a relegation battle for 22-23. They had done nothing to improve on an offense that scored fewer goals than every team that wasn't relegated last year.

Jeff Shi seems to have pulled an upset with the signing of Matheus Nunes who is having his medical today. Throw in Goncalo Guedes who signed last week and a healthy Raul, and Wolves could land securely in the top half.

Reaction Score
Pulisic needs to go where he gets minutes. I also don't trust his first touch, dribbling or passing so I don't blame lack of Chelsea PT on Tuchel

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom