Premier League 22-23 | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Premier League 22-23

Reaction Score
Unfortunately, that tendency seems to have been passed down to his successors; the defensive midfielders seem to think that Center Backs are better suited to pass the ball forward than they are-currently Tyler Adams could really use some "pass the ball forward" training.

Disagree about TA.

Reaction Score
Watched a Toronto game recently. Lots of firepower upfront with the new italians

Can confirm mb90 still goes backwards first

Reaction Score
Watched a Toronto game recently. Lots of firepower upfront with the new italians

Can confirm mb90 still goes backwards first
Does Toronto have a large Italian population? First with Sebastian Giovinco, and now the new Italian DPs, there must be a reason they like bringing Italians over.

Wait, Michael Bradley is still playing? I would have thought he'd have retired by now, considering how he was during the last qualifying cycle, but I guess MLS standards are pretty low.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
More proof that non-soccer decision-makers don't get soccer. NBC decides to make Leeds the free game today because of the "American angle." But how much does an American soccer fan care about the "American angle?" I think they would rather have a good game than that snooze-fest they put on. BHA? Really? Meanwhile it's City-Palace in a cracker.

Reaction Score
Best "American angle" right now is Josh Sargent in the championship

Reaction Score
More proof that non-soccer decision-makers don't get soccer. NBC decides to make Leeds the free game today because of the "American angle." But how much does an American soccer fan care about the "American angle?" I think they would rather have a good game than that snooze-fest they put on. BHA? Really? Meanwhile it's City-Palace in a cracker.

You just hate everything Albion. Plus don’t underestimate the lengths NBC will take to get people on Peacock.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
As a moderate soccer fan who would like to enjoy the experience when I decide to watch the game, maybe to placate us Americans, keep Tim Howard as the analyst (who has gotten so much better than when he started) instead of the 2 Robbies who I can't understand because of their accent. (1 Robbie in particular)

Oh, how about having a tiny part of the inplay graphic tell us the points / table position of the teams.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
As a moderate soccer fan who would like to enjoy the experience when I decide to watch the game, maybe to placate us Americans, keep Tim Howard as the analyst (who has gotten so much better than when he started) instead of the 2 Robbies who I can't understand because of their accent. (1 Robbie in particular)

Oh, how about having a tiny part of the inplay graphic tell us the points / table position of the teams.

The english analysts are far superior. You'll get used to the accents. They do list the table positions. Usually at the half or ant time they show the team banners.

Toward they end of the season they will do more in-game table updates. Just know all of these are live standings as if the season ended right that moment. They rarely discuss games in hand.

For the most part any team with a shot at the top 4 can't lose or even tie non-contenders and any win by teams in the relegation fight is huge. A good rule of thumb is that you need to average 1pt per match (38 pts) to avoid relegation.

Reaction Score

There are many English analysts that are embarassing homers. They give SEC people a run for their money with the insularity. The Two Robbies aren't guilty of that.

Tim Howard can take a hike. Can't stand him.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I struggle to remain interested in following Manchester United. 2-2, with a blowout loss to Brentford, but then a win vs Liverpool. It constantly feels like the squad should be better than it is based on personnel.

Benching two of England's normal national team starting defenders + Ronaldo seemed to pay off.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
It is wrong to have any opinion on Albion whatsoever. Like having an opinion on a stack of napkins.
I have a professional experience trying to work a deal with an obnoxious Briton. Trying to get some personal connection, I told him my team was Spurs and learned his is Albion. To this day, I take incredible joy knowing his team lost. And I haven't interacting with him in the better part of 4 years.

Reaction Score
B11B8DF6-6D1D-4DAE-A1AA-A506F7458745.png

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I struggle to remain interested in following Manchester United. 2-2, with a blowout loss to Brentford, but then a win vs Liverpool. It constantly feels like the squad should be better than it is based on personnel.

Benching two of England's normal national team starting defenders + Ronaldo seemed to pay off.
Have to say the match vs Arsenal was really encouraging. I like what Ten Hag is doing with Man U. Some key roster additions and upgrades.

Reaction Score
Sucks to be a Liverpool fan right now. Milner is awful, Gomez is awful, our stars (Salah, Van Dijk, Diaz etc) have been poor.

They look a shell of the team they have been for the last 5 or so years

Reaction Score
Have to say the match vs Arsenal was really encouraging. I like what Ten Hag is doing with Man U. Some key roster additions and upgrades.
The key (in my opinion) was pulling Maguire. He just doesn’t belong on the field. Man U was constantly giving up easy goals and a lot of it was guys covering for Maguire and the defense losing shape. I didn’t love Martinez in the first couple games, but I think Maguire was part of the reason. Now they need to find a way to keep McTominay out of the lineup. He gets worse every game. I‘d take Fred over him in the line up. Yes, he’s got size, but all he does with it is get carded.

I wonder if sitting the captain who is also English, as well as sitting grumpy Ronaldo helped the locker room. Eric Bailly recently came out and said that the club favors English players. Maybe there is something to that.

Separately, Tuchel just seemed like a jerk. I believe the team when they say this wasn’t just because of the recent performance. If you are Graham Potter, I guess you need to make the move to Chelsea if you can, but I hate to see a guy leave a team he’s brought to new heights in the first month of the season. It would make @Waquoit happy though!

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Sucks to be a Liverpool fan right now. Milner is awful, Gomez is awful, our stars (Salah, Van Dijk, Diaz etc) have been poor.

They look a shell of the team they have been for the last 5 or so years
Quite surprising. Expected Man City and Liverpool to run away and hide. Sadio Mane, I guess.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom