Premier League 22-23 | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Premier League 22-23

Reaction Score
I don't know if I buy that. I just think American soccer coaches suck but they think they know what they are doing.

Surely there are American managers as bad as Tuchel and Potter.

Not everyone can be Pep and Klopp.

Not every American coach is as terrible as Berhalter.

Reaction Score
Imagine being paid as much as Potter or Tuchel and needing a game like this to find out that starting Pulisic and Sterling is a terrible idea.

This is why I have no sympathy for these clowns.

*starting Pulisic and Sterling at wb.

Reaction Score
Huge W for Leeds and Jesse Marsch’s immediate future
Maybe time to question what’s going on at Liverpool? Very off year so far

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
It's baaaack.

7 EPL games on Boxing Day. Then 2 on Tues and 1 on Wed. No real "must see" games though. Well Leeds - Man City could be a fun game with lots of scoring.

League Cup (Carabao) games today, Wed and Thurs. Man City/Liverpool the Thur game. (these are on ESPN+)

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
It's baaaack.

7 EPL games on Boxing Day. Then 2 on Tues and 1 on Wed. No real "must see" games though. Well Leeds - Man City could be a fun game with lots of scoring.

League Cup (Carabao) games today, Wed and Thurs. Man City/Liverpool the Thur game. (these are on ESPN+)
It's time for the League Cup to go. It's been a redundant competition for year, and with the European competitions expanding the number of games, it won't have much of a place in the calendar.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
It's time for the League Cup to go. It's been a redundant competition for year, and with the European competitions expanding the number of games, it won't have much of a place in the calendar.
You need a trophy Spurs can try for though.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Great weekend in the EPL. :D
I watched an exciting Manchester Derby on Saturday. City dominated early but didn’t score. They finally broke through then United put two home to win it at home. Moved within a point of City. Ten Hag had them playing great defense and now Rashford looks like a different player, in part filling the striker role for departed Ronaldo. United was loaded at wing with no striker (kind of like USMNT).

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
How you feeling @meyers7 ? I was excited when United took the lead. Rashford is just on fire. Heck of a match at 1-1. I’ve got it on the alternate screen now with the UConn game starting.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
How you feeling @meyers7 ? I was excited when United took the lead. Rashford is just on fire. Heck of a match at 1-1. I’ve got it on the alternate screen now with the UConn game starting.
Rashford is killing it right now. Arsenal are just playing really well right now. They really dominated that 2nd half. Things are falling in place for them. Feels good, but strange.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Rashford is killing it right now. Arsenal are just playing really well right now. They really dominated that 2nd half. Things are falling in place for them. Feels good, but strange.
That last 30 minutes was embarrassing for United. Couldn‘t hold the ball.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Lot of people asking that question.

“Early in the January window, it became clear that the Premier League clubs were going to spend more between them than all the rest of the ‘big five’ leagues (La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga, Ligue 1) combined. As it transpired, the combined January transfer expenditure for those four leagues (£220million) was less than Chelsea’s spending alone. There is, after all, an economic crisis looming — not that you would know it, looking at the Premier League.”

Reaction Score
La Liga isn't happy, but where were they when Real Madrid was buying the best players?

In other Premier League news, Mason Greenwood's proceedings have been dropped and the Crown is discontinuing prosecution. I wouldn't imagine he is fit, and does Man U welcome him back? Not prosecuted is different than innocent. Vintage (as vintage as a 21 can have) Greenwood would be a step above how Antony is playing since Greenwood is a lefty that also has a right foot.

Reaction Score
La Liga isn't happy, but where were they when Real Madrid was buying the best players?

In other Premier League news, Mason Greenwood's proceedings have been dropped and the Crown is discontinuing prosecution. I wouldn't imagine he is fit, and does Man U welcome him back? Not prosecuted is different than innocent. Vintage (as vintage as a 21 can have) Greenwood would be a step above how Antony is playing since Greenwood is a lefty that also has a right foot.
Yeah I wonder how this is going to play out. The incident was in recording and was pretty bad, but if the charges are dropped, I guess he’s free and available.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I agree. La Liga can piss up a rope. And it feels good hating Chelsea again.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Yeah I wonder how this is going to play out. The incident was in recording and was pretty bad, but if the charges are dropped, I guess he’s free and available.
In a statement, United said: “Manchester United notes the decision of the Crown Prosecution Service that all charges against Mason Greenwood have been dropped. The club will now conduct its own process before determining next steps. We will not make any further comment until that process is complete.”

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
So Jesse Marsch is available for the USMNT now.

Really odd that they let him go one game after the transfer window. A game they played pretty well. If this was an option they should have done it sooner.

As for USMNT, Leeds plays a very similar goal averse offense.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
I don't know if any of you watched Welcome to Wrexham, but the FA Cup match between National league squad Wrexham and Premier League side Sheffield United (even if a terrible Premier league side that will be relegated) is on live right now on ESPN 2. It's the second leg, first match was a 3-3 tie. Sheffield have been more dangerous, but Wrexham is in it.

Reaction Score
I don't know if any of you watched Welcome to Wrexham, but the FA Cup match between National league squad Wrexham and Premier League side Sheffield United (even if a terrible Premier league side that will be relegated) is on live right now on ESPN 2. It's the second leg, first match was a 3-3 tie. Sheffield have been more dangerous, but Wrexham is in it.
You are a couple years off. This is a match between National League Wrexam and League Championship Sheffield. Still a big difference between second place (with 2 games in hand) in the National League and second place (and 10 points clear of 3rd) in League Championship.

Love watching Paul Mullin in the show. That guy is a beast. Haven't finished the season because I only watch with my son. Although I know how it must end considering their position this year.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom