Prediction: Your score on the UConn vs Baylor game? Who wins it? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Prediction: Your score on the UConn vs Baylor game? Who wins it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
The biggest challenge for UCONN is this is the first road trip of the year and there is no telling how a young team will handle that. However, all the AAU travel likely helps this today.

Well first major road trip, I suppose the quick trip down to SH shouldn't really count.

But UCONN will also be coming off finals, so they might be kinda rusty/harried/out of sync. I'm gonna say Baylor 72-62. I've been wrong on the big games so far this year.....hope it continues. :cool:

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Yeah, I really don't consider heading to the city a serious road trip.

Reaction Score
I have no doubt that UCONN will play hard and thats all we can ask of these young ladies. Will they win? Only time will tell, but I truly believe that their effort will not be lacking.

Reaction Score
My mind says "toss-up", my gut says UConn so I'll say UConn by 5.

I agree with your mind saying "toss-up" and I also think that UConn wins.

Providing that we don't:

1) Forget to press 1-on-1 for 4 quarters.
(IMM, Rutgers lost last night because their 4th quarter defense was simply terrible.)

2) Forget to push the ball upcourt whenever possible. (We should avoid half-court sets as much as possible. We need to
prevent them from getting comfortable in their defensive sets.)

3) Forget that we have 3 capable post players who should focus on putting bodies on BG.

4) Forget who the shooters are. (We must stick to the shooters like we are part of their uniforms.)

And 5) To enjoy the moment and beat the crap out of them.

Peace,

John Fryer

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
UCONN beat Baylor by 20 points when they had Ms. Charles and Ms. Moore and BG and crew were freshmen without out PG Sims. They beat Baylor by 1 at home when Ms. Moore was a senior and BG and crew were at the beginning of their second year in college. If this prediction is accurate, this would mean that Mulkey has not only failed to progress the Baylor team, she will have taken them backwards, with more seasoned players and the addition of some top talent. Wouldn't that set the basketball world on its ear.
Don't mind jsloan. He makes Tony look like a pessimist.

Reaction Score
I expect both teams to come out extremely tight, everyone trying to do too much to help her team win, lots of cold early shooting. Ultimately, I expect our defense to take them sufficiently out of their game that we win another close one, maybe 63-60.

Reaction Score
We have to use the whole 96ft court and make BG run. Simms is very tough and probable the best player at her position in the country from a skill set aspect. That being said, how well she is able to execute the entry pass to BG will be the deciding factor. Once BG gets the ball on the low block only BG can stop herself.n Making that problematic will be Geno's job. I think we win by 7 because we have more weapons. CD will unleash a flurry of 3's.

Reaction Score
I like all the previous post and your thoughts, but UCONN is the best TEAM in WCBB today. I have been thinking about this game all year and I watched Baylor play 3 times this season and something is missing and will expose it very quickly on Sunday.......

UCONN 77 Baylor 58
I have to agree, that Baylor does seem to have "something" missing. The Uconn defense may well be the key. I just hope the officials do a good job. I hate to hear any team, or their fans, blame a loss on the refs.

Replicant

Nexus 6 Leader
Reaction Score
Huskies 77 - Lady Bears 65. UConn's 77 factors in and includes a 5 point deduction for Baylor's home court advantage. Wouldn't be surprised by a 20+ point win!

I anticipate Bria, CD and Silk (KML) will put on a 'shock & awe' shooting clinic. UConn will apply a defensive vice on Sims. Geno will be quick to substitute and go big, bringing in Heather and Kiah early. Heather gives up 5 inches, but has a wider, stronger frame than BG and will have success moving her base out of the paint. Kiah has a huge wingspan that BG may have some trouble defending without fouling. With one of them occupying BG's defensive attention, that would leave Stef guarded by one of Baylor's 4's and that's a mismatch we'll take all day. I expect Tiff to purposely take drives at BG looking to pick up a foul or two as she did last year with success. Tiff seems to relish physicality with a purpose.

Baylor will have trouble playing 40 unrelenting minutes and/or playing from behind against UConn. :)

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Its all about the pieces that you have and how you use them.

How did this bit get added to my comment, as if I had made the comment? That was not part of my post so please don't add it in the middle as if you are quoting me directly.

"(or Geno's team improved even without Maya Moore, remember he is the best coach in WCBB. Seasoned doesnt mean they are better than a frosh. KML would be the 2nd best player on Baylor's roster right now)"

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Too much Sims, Griner, Baylor size and with the home court advantage. Baylor wins by 8-10 points. If UConn gets off to a cold start and gets into foul trouble the margin could be bigger.

Hope I'm wrong. If Stef stays out of foul trouble and Tiff stays in control UConn just might win this game.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
How did this bit get added to my comment, as if I had made the comment? That was not part of my post so please don't add it in the middle as if you are quoting me directly.

"(or Geno's team improved even without Maya Moore, remember he is the best coach in WCBB. Seasoned doesnt mean they are better than a frosh. KML would be the 2nd best player on Baylor's roster right now)"
haha what the heck are you talking about, that was my response to your comment guess you dont understand how some things are done (notice it was in red) and I added "additional" comments "outside of the box"

hahaha relax... look around its done often, seems that you're getting a lil upset with me so I'll allow you to enjoy yourself on the Boneyard

Joobie

Bookie
Reaction Score
I honestly think that if Stef can avoid foul trouble, this game will be a see-saw. The team with the ball at the last possession wins. I honestly hope that it doesn't go that way, coz the nailbiters KILL me, but that's how I see it!

Reaction Score
the one factor not mentioned is how EVERY team we played this year ran out of gas at about 10 minutes into last half.If we stay close
by then we win by 12

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
haha what the heck are you talking about, that was my response to your comment guess you dont understand how some things are done (notice it was in red) and I added "additional" comments "outside of the box"

hahaha relax... look around its done often, seems that you're getting a lil upset with me so I'll allow you to enjoy yourself on the Boneyard

If that is not what I said, I don't want it in the "easttexastrash said" box. Why in the world would that be the way things work? If it's your comment, put it as your reply.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score

I have no issues with you other than the fact that you had already indicated that I said one thing that I didn't. I just prefer that I not be misrepresented. Your comments and rebuttals are welcomed dialogue, I just prefer that they be tagged as your reply and not inserted into my posts. You stated that I had said that the Baylor history was on the same level with UCONN and Tennessee and I didn't.

I do enjoy the board as is insightful and thought provoking and quite frankly has the best conversations about women's basketball in general. Not all boards do that. On some boards it is limited almost exclusively to the home team.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
I have no issues with you other than the fact that you had already indicated that I said one thing that I didn't. I just prefer that I not be misrepresented. Your comments and rebuttals are welcomed dialogue, I just prefer that they be tagged as your reply and not inserted into my posts. You stated that I had said that the Baylor history was on the same level with UCONN and Tennessee and I didn't.

I do enjoy the board as is insightful and thought provoking and quite frankly has the best conversations about women's basketball in general. Not all boards do that. On some boards it is limited almost exclusively to the home team.
stop holding on to it buddy, you're not going to get in trouble for being "misrepresented" by Daddychoc... relax and enjoy you stay on the Boneyard and dont let me make it uncomfortable for you.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
If that is not what I said, I don't want it in the "easttexastrash said" box. Why in the world would that be the way things work? If it's your comment, put it as your reply.
ETT, what DC did is around the Boneyard a fairly standard way of identifying a response within a post. Although it isn't Used very often in a short post in longer posts it allows point by point responses with clarity as to the point addressed and as to who is speaking because of the change in color and bolting. DC is far from the only one you will find here using that technique. Hope that helps.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
ETT, what DC did is around the Boneyard a fairly standard way of identifying a response within a post. Although it isn't very often in a short post in longer posts it allows point by point responses with clarity as to who is speaking because of the change in color and bolting. DC is far from the only one you will find here using that technique. Hope that helps.
Ice thank you very much for assisting me in this issue, hopefully he/she understands!

Reaction Score
Uconn by 15, they will pull away in the 2nd half, I feel that most of the Baylor team will be exhausted by something around midway thru the 2nd half, Our girls will run them ragged and the "D" we play will frustrate Baylor greatly.

And yes there will be questionable calls by the officiating crew, but whats new there...

AboutWeston

Artiste Extraordinaire
Reaction Score
IN. RE. EAST TEXAS TRASH'S CONCERN ABOUT BEING MISQUOTED:

Details added with clear indication as to what is new...Yes that is what is done on this board by serious posters. There is no way that our Mods and Admin. would permit violations of footnoting rules - think of it as "E-attribution" procedures on the BY!:)

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
IN. RE. EAST TEXAS TRASH'S CONCERN ABOUT BEING MISQUOTED:

Details added with clear indication as to what is new...Yes that is what is done on this board by serious posters. There is no way that our Mods and Admin. would permit violations of footnoting rules - think of it as "E-attribution" procedures on the BY!:)

Very odd that there is a need to place your thoughts in the middle of someone else's thoughts instead of just making it part of your reply. If that's the way it works, that's the way it works. I'm not sure how that makes you a more "serious" poster, but I'm not here to change processes.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
the one factor not mentioned is how EVERY team we played this year ran out of gas at about 10 minutes into last half.If we stay close
by then we win by 12

This is apparently going to be the deciding factor based on most posters on this board. I don't think fatigue is going to be an issue with Baylor as they will have a full week of rest and they don't have to travel like the other opponents that UCONN has played, other than Seton Hall.

Last year it was predicted that traveling to UCONN would be a major factor, and who knows if it was. I've never traveled as an athlete so I don't know what impact it has on the body and the mind when it comes to playing a sport at a high level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom