OT: - Predict the 12-man USA Roster | Page 5 | The Boneyard

OT: Predict the 12-man USA Roster

Reaction Score
Yea go back to using college kids against these teams full of grown men and NBA pros, France's rotation is all NBA/ex NBA'ers, a college team would lose by 40. Your dedication to not knowing anything about what you post about sure is something.
Good grief. Some of you guys are idiots. Of course a college team would lose but hey this team of B-squad NBA all stars got smoked by France. Lose by 1 lose by 40 doesn’t matter. This crew came in, didn’t learn the rules. Didn’t play hard. Thought they could win by showing up and everyone would genuflect. Guess what? This team isn’t Magic, Larry, Michael. It’s a bunch of B-list “stars” with few exceptions. I can imagine this crew not even medaling if they play like they did against France. If they don’t USA Basketball needs to rethink their whole approach. Ex NBA players maybe with a few guys who care thrown in.

Reaction Score
This team has no leader. Durant is clearly the best player, but he isn't a leader. Who commands enough to respect to get the full attention of this team i tight moments, or give it a kick in the butt when needed?
Durant played like trash today but he was the top dog on both a World Championship and Olympic gold medal winning team, and pulled them out of tight situations in mutiple games while doing so.

Reaction Score
Good grief. Some of you guys are idiots. Of course a college team would lose but hey this team of B-squad NBA all stars got smoked by France. Lose by 1 lose by 40 doesn’t matter. This crew came in, didn’t learn the rules. Didn’t play hard. Thought they could win by showing up and everyone would genuflect. Guess what? This team isn’t Magic, Larry, Michael. It’s a bunch of B-list “stars” with few exceptions. I can imagine this crew not even medaling if they play like they did against France. If they don’t USA Basketball needs to rethink their whole approach. Ex NBA players maybe with a few guys who care thrown in.
Lol @ you of all people having the audacity to call anyone else an idiot with the rep you've earned, you've put in a solid decade on multiple iterations of the boneyard of being a complete moron, you can't call anyone an idiot. You should already be up in the rafters.

Reaction Score
Hered
Durant played like trash today but he was the top dog on both a World Championship and Olympic gold medal winning team, and pulled them out of tight situations in mutiple games while doing so.
I didn't say he isn't great. I said he isn't a leader. I am not knocking him, everyone isn't meant to lead. Show me his track record of leading a team to success. In OKC, Russ was the leader. In GS, Steph and Draymond led the team. Again, not a slight, just a fact.

Reaction Score
I was told KD wasn't a leader despite the fact he led a USA team that was a "B Team" to the World Gold in 2010, he's been dominant yet again these Olympics. That's why folks need to watch games instead of trying to give empty hot takes like Skip Bayless.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
I was told KD wasn't a leader despite the fact he led a USA team that was a "B Team" to the World Gold in 2010, he's been dominant yet again these Olympics. That's why folks need to watch games instead of trying to give empty hot takes like Skip Bayless.

Being a great player doesn’t make you a great leader or vice versa

But he is a ridiculous talent on the court

Reaction Score
Being a great player doesn’t make you a great leader or vice versa

But he is a ridiculous talent on the court
Again, I know what I saw on the 2010 team and its why I know he can do the same with this group.

Reaction Score
Again, I know what I saw on the 2010 team and its why I know he can do the same with this group.
After his game 5 and game 7 performances against the Bucks...with his team decimated by injuries, I don't get how people can still say this stuff. And his Finals performances on the Warriors tell you all you need to know about who the best player on that team was ...in both the Finals he was healthy for.

Reaction Score
Leadership is the worst buzz word in sports analysis. Leadership doesn't mean anything if you suck. KD might not be a traditional ra ra motivator, but he's the most valuable player in the world.
I don't know if this is a compliment or an insult but KD is so supremely talented on the offensive end that he really doesn't need to be a leader anywhere but the stat sheet to win sometimes.

The consequences of that are many, both positive and negative, but I think it's true.

Reaction Score
Being a great player and being a great leader aren't the same thing. No one doubts he is a pure baller. Dude hoops on a different level, but leadership skills are something else.

Reaction Score
Leadership is the worst buzz word in sports analysis. Leadership doesn't mean anything if you suck. KD might not be a traditional ra ra motivator, but he's the most valuable player in the world.

It's a meaningless buzzword. Put Durant on any basketball team in the world and he's the leader, unless it's the Lakers and he's one of 2 of them.

Reaction Score
The US is deservedly getting fouls called on them for this stupid switching but it's ridiculous the amount of contact that's allowed on the other end vs the US. It's like the refs gotta give them a handicap to level the playing field.

Reaction Score
Nice to see this team come together in the end, but Pop shouldn’t be coaching team USA the next Olympics.

Reaction Score
Dame Lillard had one of the worst Olympic showings from an All-Star/All-NBA player that I can remember. It's a good thing Jrue stayed committed and made the trip after that Finals run, because they would have been in trouble without him.

Reaction Score
Nice to see this team come together in the end, but Pop shouldn’t be coaching team USA the next Olympics.
He's 72, I doubt he'll want to be doing this when he's 76.

Reaction Score
Criteria for selecting the coach in recent past:
1) Already affiliated with USA Basketball
2) Big name who immediately commands respect from the roster of elite NBA players

Who has a better resume than Kerr? Not saying he is the best choice, not saying he isn't, but he certainly fits the mold. Six NBA Rings goes a long way.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom