OT: - Predict the 12-man USA Roster | Page 4 | The Boneyard

OT: Predict the 12-man USA Roster

Reaction Score
I feel the same, and Chris Haynes reported yesterday that players were having issues adjusting to the officiating/flops not being rewarded. I'm a big NBA fan but the current version of the game isn't really played or officiated anywhere else in the world, it needs to change.
I wish we’d get a handle on international rules on goaltending.

Reaction Score
I wonder how the board feels about this but, I'm starting to prefer the international style of play over the NBA? I like that its more physical, you don't get rewarded for searching for a foul as your first offensive option, and travels actually get called. I wish the NBA was more like this style of play personally.
Definitely feels like international rules forces them to play "real" (probably not the right word, but kind of...) basketball, while NBA accommodates to superstars and prioritizes entertainment over substance and quality. Both have their pros and cons

Reaction Score

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Definitely feels like international rules forces them to play "real" (probably not the right word, but kind of...) basketball, while NBA accommodates to superstars and prioritizes entertainment over substance and quality. Both have their pros and cons

no, real is 100% the correct word

intenearional ball isn’t perfect

the idiotic semi circle

the incorrectly inverted lane
Goaltending rules

are all beyond stupid.

but it’s better than the made for tv nonsense the NBA puts out

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Errr...McGee?

Would love to know who had this roster, bottom of the barrel right now.

this just shows the NBA needs to have rules that allow for real, good centers to be properly valued again

Reaction Score
Much better showings the last 2 games and now Booker, Middleton, and Holliday on the way. Other than another elite big this team has everything it needs to win Gold, its on Pop to not screw this up

Reaction Score
Much better showings the last 2 games and now Booker, Middleton, and Holliday on the way. Other than another elite big this team has everything it needs to win Gold, its on Pop to not screw this up

Loved what Keldon Johnson brought last night. Perfect complimentary role player to go along with KD and Lillard. I still think Tatum is a little lost out there and I have a feeling he might lose some minutes throughout the tournament.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
The defensive help this team really needs.

Reaction Score
zach is on covid protocol now? i really hope he eventually gets to play in japan. he killed it against spain.

Reaction Score
Certainly not ideal, and probably the most vulnerable USA team since ‘04. I don’t think any team will be afraid to play them at least. Tons of really good players and this is 100% KDs team, I just wonder how some of the pieces mix. It feels like they could use a guy like CP3 to get everyone more organized and to their spots. They just need to bring it defensively, if they lock in on that side of the ball, they won’t lose. Also feels like a major tournament for Draymond, he might be the key to this whole thing.
Bump…. No one is afraid to play this team, and I have no clue what Dame was doing in that second half, he was awful. Asking him to facilitate the offense doesn’t work, he needs to score the rock if he’s going to play. Otherwise, rock with Jrue, he had a great game.

Reaction Score
The second half was brutal. Team loses by 20 if not for... JRUE HOLIDAY. Half the team had no interest in defense and on offense it seems they are afraid to be labeled a ball hog and passed up so many open shots. Jrue Holiday bailed them out but did a couple of the Gaffney open layup kickouts.

I was impressed by what Bam and Jrue did. Lavine was ok. Keldon Johnson isn't as good as these guys yet but he plays balls to the wall. Everyone else stunk. The team is soft but its better to get this Olympic loss out of the way - hopefully it focuses them (you'd hope the exhibition embarrassments would but I guess not).

Also found it funny that Pop benched Tatum for going under a screen on that French guy who hit a couple threes. Tatum stunk but the whole second half France went to two bigs and having Tatum at the 3/4 instead of Booker may have been helpful.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
Rough showing. They should have asked Evan Fournier to play with the USA.

Reaction Score
US not even gonna medal if KD & Dame don't play great. As much as I think Pop is and has been a horrible coach for Team USA, if KD and Dame play just a "good" game the US wins that easily, they were both terrible today.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

Yeah, anyone who thought a coach who is disinterested in his primary coaching job was going to motivate a bunch of NBA'ers was kidding themselves.

this is far from the 12 best American basketball players for a roster and it shows.

Reaction Score
This team has no leader. Durant is clearly the best player, but he isn't a leader. Who commands enough to respect to get the full attention of this team i tight moments, or give it a kick in the butt when needed?

Reaction Score
Embarrassing performance. They lost to France. Imagine losing to France. Might as well go back to using college kids. At least they will give an effort.

Reaction Score
Embarrassing performance. They lost to France. Imagine losing to France. Might as well go back to using college kids. At least they will give an effort.
Yea go back to using college kids against these teams full of grown men and NBA pros, France's rotation is all NBA/ex NBA'ers, a college team would lose by 40. Your dedication to not knowing anything about what you post about sure is something.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom