OT: - Predict the 12-man USA Roster | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Predict the 12-man USA Roster

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
Nets fan actually(not a bandwagon), as scorers they're in the same tier, regardless of ppg.

I'll admit I didn't watch much Washington this year, but I think Tatums defense gives him the edge in this comparison. 3pt shooting also would make him more valuable off ball, which will be important playing off other stars, like Beal.

I dno that I disagree with your overall view THAT much, but I’m probably taking Beal. Your point about 3pt shooting, however, is definitely wrong. Beal is a better shooter especially spot up than Tatum.

Reaction Score
I dno that I disagree with your overall view THAT much, but I’m probably taking Beal. Your point about 3pt shooting, however, is definitely wrong. Beal is a better shooter especially spot up than Tatum.
I would take Tatum over Beal based solely on what Kevin Durant has said about Tatum.

“I’ve been in the league for 13, 14 years and I started to tally-mark the matchups, the series, the players that I’ve played against,” Durant continued. " ... I’ve had series against Kobe, LeBron, Tim Duncan, the Memphis Grizzlies — Jayson Tatum is in that conversation."

Reaction Score
Bro why are you starting 3 PGs
im the only one who gave a starting lineup so i assume you're talking to me even tho booker and beal aren't PGs, (they play with CP3 and Westbrook), theyre SGs with great ball handling and passing skills i.e. just really good players. but even if they were PGs who cares? starting 3 multidimensional PGs big enough to guard wings is ideal.

Reaction Score
I would take Tatum over Beal based solely on what Kevin Durant has said about Tatum.

“I’ve been in the league for 13, 14 years and I started to tally-mark the matchups, the series, the players that I’ve played against,” Durant continued. " ... I’ve had series against Kobe, LeBron, Tim Duncan, the Memphis Grizzlies — Jayson Tatum is in that conversation."

that would really be the reason?

Reaction Score
Tatum is better than Beal that's why he will start. Beal can score a ton on losing teams, sweet. This is the olympics not a January game vs. the Pacers.

Reaction Score
Tatum is better than Beal that's why he will start. Beal can score a ton on losing teams, sweet. This is the olympics not a January game vs. the Pacers.
again. beal was 3rd team all nba. he's a better shooter and passer and ball handler than tatum and it's not really close. also the celtics only won 2 more games than the wizards this year with a significantly more talented roster.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
again. beal was 3rd team all nba. he's a better shooter and passer and ball handler than tatum and it's not really close. also the celtics only won 2 more games than the wizards this year with a significantly more talented roster.

1) Beal was not even the best player on his team.
2) I'd take Tatums shooting over Beals any day of the week. Again Beal might go off vs. the Pacers or Hornets in January but Tatum has historically scored at a high level in the playoffs against top notch competition like Lebron and Durant.
3) Beal is a better ball handler, sweet. Neither are point guards and quite frankly I trust Tatum with the ball at the end of games over Beal.
4) Wizards went a nice winning streak to end the season because they had Russell Westbrook (Beal was hurt) We saw what Beal could do without Russ and they were atrocious.

Reaction Score
1) Beal was not even the best player on his team.
2) I'd take Tatums shooting over Beals any day of the week. Again Beal might go off vs. the Pacers or Hornets in January but Tatum has historically scored at a high level in the playoffs against top notch competition like Lebron and Durant.
3) Beal is a better ball handler, sweet. Neither are point guards and quite frankly I trust Tatum with the ball at the end of games over Beal.
4) Wizards went a nice winning streak to end the season because they had Russell Westbrook (Beal was hurt) We saw what Beal could do without Russ and they were atrocious.
such a homer.
1) no team in the nba would take westbrook over beal, not a single one.
2) beal shot a higher percentage than tatum on more attempts. 2nd leading scorer in the nba on a playoff team. he's not a looter in a riot
3) a non-PG averaging 4 apg for his career is really sweet. tatum's at 2.7.
4) like you said beal was hurt. put tatum on the wizards instead and theyre no better. if beal ever gets traded to a decent franchise like the sixers or blazers theyre winning the chip.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
such a homer.
1) no team in the nba would take westbrook over beal, not a single one.
2) beal shot a higher percentage than tatum on more attempts. 2nd leading scorer in the nba on a playoff team. he's not a looter in a riot
3) a non-PG averaging 4 apg for his career is really sweet. tatum's at 2.7.
4) like you said beal was hurt. put tatum on the wizards instead and theyre no better. if beal ever gets traded to a decent franchise like the sixers or blazers theyre winning the chip.

I'm a Pacers fan so unless I'm arguing Sabonis > I don't get the homer call out

1) What's your point? Look at the stats and W/L
2) Great, Beal is a losing player on a losing team. If it was not for Russ going bananas towards the end of the season Beal and the Wizards would be a lottery team yet again
3) Okay
4) Sure, put Beal on the Warriors and he will be good. Tatum has led his team to two ECF and hes like 22. Take a hike

Reaction Score
People think Tatum is a better SHOOTER than Beal? He may be a better player, if you think that ... but he is not a better shooter than Beal.
Tatums a much better player. There is not a single GM or coach who would rather have Beal over Tatum.

Reaction Score
Tatums a much better player. There is not a single GM or coach who would rather have Beal over Tatum.
that's because he's younger and on a better contract... but we're talking about who was a better player THIS YEAR which is all that matters for the olympics. kyrie lead the Cs to the ECF not tatum at 13 ppg.

Reaction Score
that's because he's younger and on a better contract... but we're talking about who was a better player THIS YEAR which is all that matters for the olympics. kyrie lead the Cs to the ECF not tatum at 13 ppg.

Aaaand you lost all credibility

Reaction Score
Realistically they are both somewhere between the 8 and 14th best players in the league. Impact wise there is very little difference. Both are elite. Gotta love when guys take the hill in these arguments that are clearly a matter of perspective. When building a team age, team composition and contract might come into play and there could be a clearer more definitive answer but for just impact and skill they are clearly a small notch below the first tier in the league. They are bonafide all stars and clearly number 1 go-to players on their respective teams. But please continue to split hairs. I'm more interested in the lingering question.

The better question that remains is will Ben Simmons ever shoot a basketball again?

Reaction Score
I have no dog in this fight. Tatum is a great young scorer and will become a superstar but all this talk about what he led the Celtics to...The Celtics have been one of the favorites every year he's in the league and they've really done nothing except disappoint, I haven't seen any leadership from Tatum yet.

Reaction Score
Realistically they are both somewhere between the 8 and 14th best players in the league. Impact wise there is very little difference. Both are elite. Gotta love when guys take the hill in these arguments that are clearly a matter of perspective. When building a team age, team composition and contract might come into play and there could be a clearer more definitive answer but for just impact and skill they are clearly a small notch below the first tier in the league. They are bonafide all stars and clearly number 1 go-to players on their respective teams. But please continue to split hairs. I'm more interested in the lingering question.

The better question that remains is will Ben Simmons ever shoot a basketball again?
Agreed but they're both in that 12-18 range IMO, Tatum has more room to move up.

Reaction Score
I have no dog in this fight. Tatum is a great young scorer and will become a superstar but all this talk about what he led the Celtics to...The Celtics have been one of the favorites every year he's in the league and they've really done nothing except disappoint, I haven't seen any leadership from Tatum yet.

Is Tatum old enough to drink?

Reaction Score
Aaaand you lost all credibility
jaylen averaged more ppg than tatum the first time they went to the ECF as well. kyrie was the best player on that team even if he was a horrible teammate.
Is Tatum old enough to drink?
irrelevant to who the better player is right now. idk how good tatum will be eventually.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
The Tatum beal comparison is splitting hairs anyways, but nobody has mentioned defense when talking about Beal.

Reaction Score
jaylen averaged more ppg than tatum the first time they went to the ECF as well. kyrie was the best player on that team even if he was a horrible teammate.

irrelevant to who the better player is right now. idk how good tatum will be eventually.

Kyrie missed the entire 2018 playoffs so I don’t understand how he helped the Celtics make the ECF. Can you explain it to me?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom