Precious to Memphis | Page 9 | The Boneyard

Precious to Memphis

Reaction Score
I don't know your thinking but a strong top 10 Memphis or Houston Or Wichita State losing at Gampel infront of a sellout crowd on national TV is nothing but good for UConn. The stronger the other programs are the better UConn gets the stronger the Confernce gets the better the perception, the more bids, the recruiting and so on.
Sure, they can get good recruits and have good teams. But I'd prefer those top recruits not be the ones UConn spent 2 years recruiting and I certainly won't root for them to get those recruits

Reaction Score
Yeah, the Big East was great for UConn until it wasn't. Those strong conference mates got invited to bail and we didn't. The the same thing happened with Louisville. See a pattern? Either go all in on football or give up on sports and stop bleeding cash. In many ways, we are in the worst possible place. We are trying to be relevant but we are failing and it is hurting the school. Gotta go big or go the other way and minimize the cash bleed. Spend the savings on academics to attract top out of state kids like they used to do.

Reaction Score
Sure, he acted like an idiot towards Rick Barnes and the Tennessee players when he played them with his made up comments and actions. And a month or two into his coaching career he was already calling out other coaches for being jealous of him. This us against the world mentality right off the bat may be working for him with recruiting but I think there are bigger things at play....He talks about the purity of college basketball while half of college basketball is under a FBI probe...

I don't have the evidence but basically every coach at Memphis and every coach nationally who steps in right away and gets the best recruiting classes has cheated. I have trouble pretending this is any different?

Didn’t realize he was acting that way not very smart on his part.

Reaction Score
Sure, he acted like an idiot towards Rick Barnes and the Tennessee players when he played them with his made up comments and actions. And a month or two into his coaching career he was already calling out other coaches for being jealous of him. This us against the world mentality right off the bat may be working for him with recruiting but I think there are bigger things at play....He talks about the purity of college basketball while half of college basketball is under a FBI probe...

I don't have the evidence but basically every coach at Memphis and every coach nationally who steps in right away and gets the best recruiting classes has cheated. I have trouble pretending this is any different?

This is an article about the Penny-Rick Barnes incident.

Reaction Score
Look at the young fellas firing up the rivalry

Last edited:

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I don't want to hear (or read) the names Precious and Penny again until November. Please let this thread die. Please!
I agree! People need to stop bumping this thread!

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
Hey please don’t reply all, okay thanks.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
His name would've become really annoying after a while anyway.

Reaction Score
At this point I think Memphis is doing something illegal I mean Penny was in the movie Blue Chips.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom