Precious Speaks on Recruiting! | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Precious Speaks on Recruiting!

Reaction Score
I'm the worst because I have a differing opinion? Thought this was a forum for discussing differing opinions?

No, you throw in the “blue blood” comment like they are above us as programs. It’s one thing to say you don’t like our chances but to add on that a “blue blood” will scoop him up. It doesn’t make sense to me.

You do realize that Hurley has been killing it on the recruiting trail so far, right? Don’t count the man or our program out so quickly.

Reaction Score
Just like Hami right? I think he won't come here because he is a 1 and done that wants to have as many eyes as possible on him, in the biggest games as possible. I hate coaches like the Squid as much as the next guy, but he creates a ton of buzz and exposure for his players. His track record can not be debated and I think that will be most appealing to Precious.

Creates a bunch of buzz is bs. I'm not arguing anything else here with PA but Cal can't pay kids anymore. Maybe some kids will still fall in the trap of his NBA scout practices but its a load . He is not a great in game coach, doesn't develop guys, and can no longer pay them. His clock is set to expire soon. And any coach with connections to the NBA can bring in NBA scouts too practice. Hurley has plenty. There is no longer any financial reasons to be a 5 star back up on his lousy underachieving squads.

Reaction Score
He has a chance to play On a rising team, in a fun style for players to play in. He not only gets to be sold as being part of the team that brings us back to the forefront, but he can be sold on staying relatively local & being the crown jewel. No other program can offer that.

C

Chief00

Just like Hami right? I think he won't come here because he is a 1 and done that wants to have as many eyes as possible on him.
It’s different - night and day. The good news is we don’t have an assistant coach monopolizing his time with class catalogs and schedules. What self perceived 1 and done recruit could refuse that experience?

Reaction Score
Gotta think he is more likely a Kansas or Kentucky recruit but I’m not ruling UConn out. Hurley has honestly surprised me so at his recruiting so much so that Pitt fans are just perplexed. Would be cool. Curious how the dust settles

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
No I meant him, not you. You got on his case about it.

You called it

The Red Sox will NOT win another game this series, their rotation and bullpen are in shambles! Cora got out-managed by Roberts big time tonight!

Red Sox will probably still win in 5.

ZERO chance of that happening, ZERO chance of Red Sox winning World Series at all, Red Sox do not win another game and the Dodgers win this World Series in 6!

The Red Sox won't touch Hill tonight and Rodriguez will get hammered by a rejuvenated Dodgers team that is ready to break out! LA wins this one easily and goes on to win the series in 6.

lol

Given that a team who was down 2-0 wins the WS only 19% of the time....

And then winning 4 in a row to do it? I think not.

Again, I got any amount of money that this won't happen. Lemme know.

Nice call, Mr. Hot Take.

As I said in one of my posts on here, the Red Sox have been very resilient this season and tonight was a prime example. They didn't win 108 games in the regular season by accident.

@TitleTown

Come out and get your whoopin', boy!

Dominant performance.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
It’s different - night and day. The good news is we don’t have an assistant coach monopolizing his time with class catalogs and schedules. What self perceived 1 and done recruit could refuse that experience?

You said "class catalogs"! I'm getting close!

s

Reaction Score
I think if we get Kofi, we should be AP Top 25. That would be the first time since our first game with Terry Larrier (and we lost to WAGNER. also I didn’t think Larrier did really anything to help us.)

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
We are LOADED next year if he and Kofi come. Very young but loaded with talent.

If Kofi comes, we are as attractive a destination as anyone.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Memphis is in great shape for Wadford.
I was just worried something shady would be going on if he was seriously considering those schools. Wiseman, Wadford, Jefferies, and the other kids he coached make sense, since he has pre existing relationships with him.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
Just like Hami right? I think he won't come here because he is a 1 and done that wants to have as many eyes as possible on him, in the biggest games as possible. I hate coaches like the Squid as much as the next guy, but he creates a ton of buzz and exposure for his players. His track record can not be debated and I think that will be most appealing to Precious.
Remember when you threw a fit and said that all the insiders were wrong when we told you – repeatedly – that Akok was coming here?

Remember?

I remember.

;)

Reaction Score
No, you throw in the “blue blood” comment like they are above us as programs. It’s one thing to say you don’t like our chances but to add on that a “blue blood” will scoop him up. It doesn’t make sense to me.

You do realize that Hurley has been killing it on the recruiting trail so far, right? Don’t count the man or our program out so quickly.

Do you really think our program is perceived in the same way as schools like Kentucky, Kansas, and Duke?

Hurley's recruiting has impressed the heck out of me, but it's been a long time since this program got a top-10 guy, and even in Calhoun's prime, those were few and far between. I'd love to land Precious, but he has a lot of options and it was never more likely than not.

Reaction Score
Surprised not to see Tulane mentioned. As @Towney007 told me, Tulane makes sense as a fit for him. They may only be 3-6 with losses to UC Irvine, U Louisiana, Georgia State, South East Louisiana and South Alabama but they do have a total of zero of their 5 commitments the past 2 years ranked in the top 275.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom