Precious Achiuwa non-update | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Precious Achiuwa non-update

Status
Not open for further replies.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I actually agree with the part about Hurleys coaching. We can end up with pretty much the same record as our last 2 years. I thought his coaching alone would leave us ahead of where the last guy brought us.....but that's not looking to good right now.

Blood from a stone. When your guys are inferior basketball players, athletes, physical size, etc etc, you can't be much ahead of where you were previously. And that's leaving aside catastrophic injuries. Especially when all those bad habits are already baked in.

Reaction Score
By your guys logic, almost no coaches can ever be known for sending guys to the league. Because most coaches start at lower level schools. Lower level schools don't generally put guys in the league except by accident. Of course there's an unknown.

When you step back, it's really crazy logic to worry about something like that.
Not a dig. Just a question. I think he may have had one guy but can’t recall

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Not a dig. Just a question. I think he may have had one guy but can’t recall

Yeah he has. Jared Terrell at URI.

In highschool, he coached J.R. Smith, Tristan Thompson, and Lance Thomas.

But it's certainly not a trend or something you can hang your hat on.

Last edited:

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
I not sure why a 5 star guy would come here over a UNC or Kansas especially after seeing how the current team progressed this year. I think Hurley needs to show that he can develop these type of players and get them ready for the next level. Turning around Wagner and URI are one thing but playing in the same recruiting pool as UNC and Kansas is a whole nutter level. It is great that we got the 2 guards and hopefully Hurley can develop them although my gut fear is that Bouknight will be very injury prone. And as for Akok, even after he committed, I felt he was a "I-will-believe-it-when-I-see-him-on-the-court-in-a-UConn-uniform" type of recruit. It is great that we got some media buzz and some interest from these top guys. That is a great step. But showing we can develop players and win will need to happen first before we win these type of recruiting battles. Just my $0.02.

your opinion on this issue is misinformed to say the least

pj

Reaction Score
If I were a 5* player planning to take 5 visits, I'd take the least attractive schools first, so that I have a basis for comparison and can think about what to ask when I visit my top choices.

Precious has an older brother who's been through this process, I'm sure he has high-level advice about how to run a selection process.

Reaction Score
If I were a 5* player planning to take 5 visits, I'd take the least attractive schools first, so that I have a basis for comparison and can think about what to ask when I visit my top choices.

Precious has an older brother who's been through this process, I'm sure he has high-level advice about how to run a selection process.

His brother ended up at St. John's. There could not have been anything "high-level" about how that selection process went.

pj

Reaction Score
His brother ended up at St. John's. There could not have been anything "high-level" about how that selection process went.

Heh. I'm saying that he and his family will have learned from his brother's experience. They are taking their time, and presumably putting it to good use.

Reaction Score
Heh. I'm saying that he and his family will have learned from his brother's experience. They are taking their time, and presumably putting it to good use.

It was a joke. Just enjoy the insult of an old Big East team. :D

Reaction Score
Yeah he has. Jared Terrell at URI.

In highschool, he coached J.R. Smith, Tristan Thompson, and Lance Thomas.

But it's certainly not a trend or something you can hang your hat on.
I knew the HS just not recruited and prepared for nba

Reaction Score
By your guys logic, almost no coaches can ever be known for sending guys to the league. Because most coaches start at lower level schools. Lower level schools don't generally put guys in the league except by accident. Of course there's an unknown.

He who recruits the most 5* players will get more players in the NBA.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score

Almost no coaches?????????????????
Yeah ok

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Almost no coaches?????????????????
Yeah ok

Wait, are you saying most coaches start at high majors pulling down 5*? Because newsflash, that's not the way it works.

The only way you can be assured a guy pulls down five stars, is they come from another high major program.

And since UCONN being what it is, that wasn't an option, if you wanted a legit coach.

Reaction Score
In 2 or 3 years a lot of the 5 stars will be going straight to NBA or the G-League if they raises the minimum salary to say $15K/month. If an 18 year old can make $75K (or more) for 5 months and develop in G-League then CBB will be in a completely different place.

Reaction Score
In 2 or 3 years a lot of the 5 stars will be going straight to NBA or the G-League if they raises the minimum salary to say $15K/month. If an 18 year old can make $75K (or more) for 5 months and develop in G-League then CBB will be in a completely different place.
And this is where developing players will start to kick in. Thankfully, we have Hurley at the helm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom