Precious Achiuwa non-update | The Boneyard

Precious Achiuwa non-update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Evans Daniels and Brian Snow talked about him on their most recent podcast:

UConn was the first school mentioned by Evan Daniels when putting out his list (honestly probably just reading from achiuwa's 247 profile).

Brian Snow said he has no clue where Precious is going and if anyone says that they know what he's going to do then they are lying to you. Thinks Precious will be battling Cole Anthony as the last guy to commit.

Evan Daniels chimed in and called Precious the biggest wildcard of all the guys remaining. Last update he got on Precious was from a source close to his recruitment saying that they are working on official visits. Daniels said you can't really predict anything until we see the list of schools Precious will be visiting.

In terms of his game, they said he's a big physical athletic kid that should be able to guard anyone, he's a problem going to the rim but they stressed that his overall skill level needs to improve. They did mention that his long term potential is unmatched due to his combo of size, strength and athleticism.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Don’t think going first bodes well for KU

Can never dismiss them or UNC as long as they’re still involved though.
Gut feeling? I’m just concerned since he’s been so recluctent to schedule visits.

Reaction Score
Gut feeling? I’m just concerned since he’s been so recluctent to schedule visits.
Yes, but I don't think he's going to commit after the first visit considering how slow he has taken his recruitment.

Reaction Score
For emphasis:
Brian Snow said he has no clue where Precious is going and if anyone says that they know what he's going to do then they are lying to you. Thinks Precious will be battling Cole Anthony as the last guy to commit.
This won't be over anytime soon and shouldn't end on only one official visit.

Reaction Score
UNC only has two home games left after this weekend, would not be surprised to see him on his official for the Duke game on March 9th.

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
So Precious, see you at the game Sunday, March 3 vs. South Florida ? Or Thursday, March 7 vs. Temple?

Whatever works for you. I'm flexible.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Let’s get him in to see us get rolled by Laquincy Rideau and USF on 3/3!

Reaction Score
I think going to Kansas and UNC before here means he's not gonna make It here or if he does, it will be a favor visit. He will end up at one of those first two schools.

Reaction Score
I think going to Kansas and UNC before here means he's not gonna make It here or if he does, it will be a favor visit. He will end up at one of those first two schools.
I think we have a good a shot as anyone, we did already have an unofficial with him.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Unofficial visits rarely mean much. Sometimes it's merely that the players AAU team game or a tournament was held in the area. It's not like Precious paid for a flight from Florida to CT. to see Gampel & The Dairy Bar.

Reaction Score
Hopefully we will get one before he decides. Didn't Zion say this is "Next"?

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
Hopefully we will get one before he decides. Didn't Zion say this is "Next"?
Pretty sure @Zionn nexted him a while back but then a few weeks later said something along the lines that though we're still trying to recruit him it doesn't look like we have a legit chance (paraphrasing - don't kill me Zionn lol).

Reaction Score
People on this board never learn their lesson, do they?
What's the lesson, we have no shot with a 5 star top 20? Are we UNC & KU.....no we aren't right now but we should still go after top 20's if they give positive feedback. I assume Hurley felt he had / has a shot so wtf.

It's like the lottery, have to play the game to have any chance to win. We have 3 top 100's coming & if we can snag 1 more solid recruit we have a stellar first class from Hurley.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32