Precious Achiuwa non-update | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Precious Achiuwa non-update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Kansas is a hell of a program and their consistency (15 straight Big XII titles) is unmatched, but 3 titles in 95 years is kind of sad.

Plus, fake news on those 1922 and 1923 banners. There was no championship determined by competition in those years. It was just the Helms Foundation designating them national champions. No NCAA or NIT championships until 1938/39.

We tend to focus on championships now that we've won so many in 20 years but I wonder how much that matters to most kids today.

Reaction Score
We tend to focus on championships now that we've won so many in 20 years but I wonder how much that matters to most kids today.

I would guess close to zero. Championships are fun for fans, but they really don't matter to recruits. I was just pointing out an amusing factoid about how Kansas has assumed blue blood status despite only winning 1 championship every ~30 years.

What matters to recruits is exposure and getting to the NBA. We've been badly lacking in those areas lately.

Reaction Score
I'd love for Precious to come here but the odds are stacked against us. Kansas, UNC are blue blood programs in P5 conferences with winning traditions. Most of the time, that's all it takes for 5* recruits to go there.
Look at the arena Kansas plays in. It blows and it's old and a hike away from campus. But the stadium is full regardless of who they play.

On the other hand, we're not a blue blood in a major suck conference playing in old home arenas that need serious makeovers. Needless to say, there's empty seats at most of our conference games against equal or inferior competition while most of these programs are at full capacity even for cupcake games. If we want to compete in recruiting these 5*, we need to up our game and blow these guys away so they can't say no when they come visit.

Reaction Score
Plus, fake news on those 1922 and 1923 banners. There was no championship determined by competition in those years. It was just the Helms Foundation designating them national champions. No NCAA or NIT championships until 1938/39.

Omg it matters what are you guys even talking about.

Post like this are just excuses to go on a “kids these days” rant.

Please stop, my eyes hurt from rolling.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I'd love for Precious to come here but the odds are stacked against us. Kansas, UNC are blue blood programs in P5 conferences with winning traditions. Most of the time, that's all it takes for 5* recruits to go there.
Look at the arena Kansas plays in. It blows and it's old and a hike away from campus. But the stadium is full regardless of who they play.

On the other hand, we're not a blue blood in a major suck conference playing in old home arenas that need serious makeovers. Needless to say, there's empty seats at most of our conference games against equal or inferior competition while most of these programs are at full capacity even for cupcake games. If we want to compete in recruiting these 5*, we need to up our game and blow these guys away so they can't say no when they come visit.

Attendance has been off for a number of years now and it hurts revenue as well as making a poor impression on recruits and on TV. But, if you watch carefully, you'll see lots of empty seats at P5 games too. My cousin in Indiana said the IU students don't care as much as they once did and they've reduced the ticket allocation for students and opened up sales to others that could not get in in the past.

Reaction Score
Kansas is a hell of a program and their consistency (15 straight Big XII titles) is unmatched, but 3 titles in 95 years is kind of sad.
Do you know how much it rankles the Phog that Roy has as many titles as them? Haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom