Precious Achiuwa non-update | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Precious Achiuwa non-update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
What's the lesson, we have no shot with a 5 star top 20? Are we UNC & KU.....no we aren't right now but we should still go after top 20's if they give positive feedback. I assume Hurley felt he had / has a shot so wtf.

It's like the lottery, have to play the game to have any chance to win. We have 3 top 100's coming & if we can snag 1 more solid recruit we have a stellar first class from Hurley.
No one is questioning the efforts of the staff. Its the reaction from some of you when he goes elsewhere.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Would love to have him, don't think he's coming here though. I'll always accept a miracle, but let's go get some juco's or grad transfers stat.

Reaction Score
It will take an exceptionally mature kid to come our way given all the shiny brand name schools that will take him. It will take a kid who realizes he can leave a real mark and have a program level impact that won’t be forgotten with next recruiting class.

Reaction Score
With official visits coming up to Kansas and UNC how in the hell did we just land a crystal ball is beyond me. Did the SMU insider not watch the game last night? Lol. Still no word on an official to the good guys? :(

Hate to say it but we don’t have a clue and neither does this guy.

Reaction Score
With official visits coming up to Kansas and UNC how in the hell did we just land a crystal ball is beyond me. Did the SMU insider not watch the game last night? Lol. Still no word on an official to the good guys?:(
It has literally only been 24 hours since he announced his first 2 visits.

Hate to say it but we don’t have a clue and neither does this guy.
If you're basing everything on the probability that the kid with the slowest recruitment ever is committing on the first 2 announced visits out of his 5 potential OVs, then yeah, I'll take what the recruitment analyst thinks.

People can (and do) take anything the media says and spin it negatively. We have no clue who this guy's source is, but sure, let's declare him wrong because another reporter tweeted he's visiting 2 other schools. It's amazing that everyone knows what's going to happen off of a Rivals article and a tweet.

Reaction Score
It has literally only been 24 hours since he announced his first 2 visits.

If you're basing everything on the probability that the kid with the slowest recruitment ever is committing on the first 2 announced visits out of his 5 potential OVs, then yeah, I'll take what the recruitment analyst thinks.

People can (and do) take anything the media says and spin it negatively. We have no clue who this guy's source is, but sure, let's declare him wrong because another reporter tweeted he's visiting 2 other schools. It's amazing that everyone knows what's going to happen off of a Rivals article and a tweet.
The irony is if the situation was reversed and we had a visit set up and UNC or Kansas didn't, but got a crystal ball pick yesterday, people would freak out on that end.

Reaction Score
I not sure why a 5 star guy would come here over a UNC or Kansas especially after seeing how the current team progressed this year. I think Hurley needs to show that he can develop these type of players and get them ready for the next level. Turning around Wagner and URI are one thing but playing in the same recruiting pool as UNC and Kansas is a whole nutter level. It is great that we got the 2 guards and hopefully Hurley can develop them although my gut fear is that Bouknight will be very injury prone. And as for Akok, even after he committed, I felt he was a "I-will-believe-it-when-I-see-him-on-the-court-in-a-UConn-uniform" type of recruit. It is great that we got some media buzz and some interest from these top guys. That is a great step. But showing we can develop players and win will need to happen first before we win these type of recruiting battles. Just my $0.02.

Reaction Score
I not sure why a 5 star guy would come here over a UNC or Kansas especially after seeing how the current team progressed this year. I think Hurley needs to show that he can develop these type of players and get them ready for the next level. Turning around Wagner and URI are one thing but playing in the same recruiting pool as UNC and Kansas is a whole nutter level. It is great that we got the 2 guards and hopefully Hurley can develop them although my gut fear is that Bouknight will be very injury prone. And as for Akok, even after he committed, I felt he was a "I-will-believe-it-when-I-see-him-on-the-court-in-a-UConn-uniform" type of recruit. It is great that we got some media buzz and some interest from these top guys. That is a great step. But showing we can develop players and win will need to happen first before we win these type of recruiting battles. Just my $0.02.
Awesome, you've already written off Akok and Bouknight before they've ever even played.

Reaction Score
Lol

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
What level nutter are you?

Reaction Score
Awesome, you've already written off Akok and Bouknight before they've ever even played.
Just my pessimistic gut feeling, I know. Kinda sad.
What is the point of posting "Lol"?
What level nutter are you?
Pretty nutter, I guess. I am always hopeful but just feel like this is going to be a long road back to where UConn basketball once was.

Reaction Score
Just my pessimistic gut feeling, I know. Kinda sad.

What is the point of posting "Lol"?

Pretty nutter, I guess. I am always hopeful but just feel like this is going to be a long road back to where UConn basketball once was.
Because it made me laugh at how ridiculous it is. I know we're snake bitten but things can get better

Reaction Score
This
I was wondering what Hurley has done in terms of guys going to the league or at least professional

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
This
I was wondering what Hurley has done in terms of guys going to the league or at least professional

This may be a fact that does come into play when the studs look at UConn and DH
He really has no track history of cultivating a proven NBA player. His tenures at Wagner and URI, while very impressive, were not a breeding ground for future NBA talent.
While you can't hold DH responsible for that, due to the leagues, etc, it is there - where has he played with the big boys for the elite talent in the past?
Can he? I am hoping so - it certainly appears he has the energy and passion

Reaction Score
Because it made me laugh at how ridiculous it is. I know we're snake bitten but things can get better
What an absolutely stupid post.
Might be one of the dumber posts of the year.
If he had just stopped it after "UNC" it wouldn't have been bad.
Wow. I get it is the internet and you can post whatever you want but what is the point of simply posting to belittle someone's opinion? Thank you for all the "stupid post" comments. But what is exactly is so stupid? Or is it that you must have more than 2K posts to have an opinion? Seriously. This is suppose to be a discussion board. Discuss why my post is so stupid. Thanks in advance.

Reaction Score
I actually agree with the part about Hurleys coaching. We can end up with pretty much the same record as our last 2 years. I thought his coaching alone would leave us ahead of where the last guy brought us.....but that's not looking to good right now.

Reaction Score
Wow. I get it is the internet and you can post whatever you want but what is the point of simply posting to belittle someone's opinion? Thank you for all the "stupid post" comments. But what is exactly is so stupid? Or is it that you must have more than 2K posts to have an opinion? Seriously. This is suppose to be a discussion board. Discuss why my post is so stupid. Thanks in advance.

First of all, it's an internet message board. If you're looking for reasoned debate you're in the wrong place. Second, half the people responding to you can't wrap their head around the fact that UConn circa 2019 might not be the most desirable destination for a 5-star recruit. Third, I think the first sentence of your post was pretty accurate.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
This
This may be a fact that does come into play when the studs look at UConn and Dan Hurley
He really has no track history of cultivating a proven NBA player. His tenures at Wagner and URI, while very impressive, were not a breeding ground for future NBA talent.
While you can't hold Dan Hurley responsible for that, due to the leagues, etc, it is there - where has he played with the big boys for the elite talent in the past?
Can he? I am hoping so - it certainly appears he has the energy and passion

By your guys logic, almost no coaches can ever be known for sending guys to the league. Because most coaches start at lower level schools. Lower level schools don't generally put guys in the league except by accident. Of course there's an unknown.

When you step back, it's really crazy logic to worry about something like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom