Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
So something like:

1-Gaffney/Gilbert/Adams
2-Bouknight/Vital
3-Wilson/Polley
4-Precious/Diarra/Whaley
5-Akok/Carlton

And if not Precious. then the UNLV kid and/or a true Center so that Akok could play the 4.

I'm a causal fan, so hit me with my big mistakes.

Gilbert and Vital are starting.

444JR

The Brand is Strong
Reaction Score
So something like:

1-Gaffney/Gilbert/Adams
2-Bouknight/Vital
3-Wilson/Polley
4-Precious/Diarra/Whaley
5-Akok/Carlton

And if not Precious. then the UNLV kid and/or a true Center so that Akok could play the 4.

Imo I hope it looks like:

Gilbert/Gaffney/Adams
Vital/Bouknight
Precious/Wilson
Akok/Polley/Diarra
Carlton/Whaley

If the roster stays as currently constructed with the addition of Precious. Lots of versatility and multi positional players in there. Would need big strides, health, and energy from Diarra/Whaley.

If Carlton has foul trouble and we need to counter with speed and length..

Gilbert
Vital/Bouknight/Gaffney
Wilson/Polley
Precious
Akok

Reaction Score
I would love for this to be the first time Zionn is wrong in a long time

Reaction Score
Making mock starting lineups including a guy who has done OVs to Kansas and North Carolina and hasn't planned one with us.

giphy.gif

Reaction Score
Is there really any proof of this at all?

Just sayin'.
It's Brad Underwood. We don't have proof but the guy seems like a cheat everywhere he's been

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Making mock starting lineups including a guy who has done OVs to Kansas and North Carolina and hasn't planned one with us.

giphy.gif

I just did this exercise to better understand where and how people expect this roster to come together. I was having trouble understanding the potential 2019 line up.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Not to derail the thread about PA but I love how people already have Bouknight starting over Vital. Makes zero sense.

Smith started over him late last year. Bouknight and Gaffney are more talented. CV might start, but I think he’ll be offense off the bench. Let’s see how his ball handling improves in the off season. It’s experience vs talent. Experience is valuable and I think CV likely is in at the end of games.

Precious or no Precious, CV isn’t playing SF anymore on this team. Adams might and Bouknight might in small lineups.

Reaction Score
Smith started over him late last year. Bouknight and Gaffney are more talented. CV might start, but I think he’ll be offense off the bench. Let’s see how his ball handling improves in the off season. It’s experience vs talent. Experience is valuable and I think CV likely is in at the end of games.

Precious or no Precious, CV isn’t playing SF anymore on this team. Adams might and Bouknight might in small lineups.
Bouknight might start no matter what. He is roughly the same height as Wilson as he is thought to have better skills. Right now he will at least backup there. We definitely won't put Polley there due to his lack of lateral quickness and below average ball handling skills.

Reaction Score
So something like:

1-Gaffney/Gilbert/Adams
2-Bouknight/Vital
3-Wilson/Polley
4-Precious/Diarra/Whaley
5-Akok/Carlton

Precious is more likely to play 5 than Akok.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I just did this exercise to better understand where and how people expect this roster to come together. I was having trouble understanding the potential 2019 line up.

I think you can put Precious at less than 1% chance of coming though.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

I think you'll see Bouk there a fair bit this year. Three guard lineup, with the 3rd guard (Bouk) being a bit of a combo wing.

Reaction Score
Kids haven’t even practiced in Hurley’s system. Let them all have a chance. CV averaged 14 last year and shot 40% from 3. He deserves to start over anyone...

Yes he deserves to start over everyone no doubt about that. But is that the best spot for the team? Is it better to have that guy you can depend on for everything - shooting the ball, rebounding, 110% and attitude starting or delivering off the bench early on. Only reason I say that is because he has the makeup of the key 6th man, turns it around for your guys. But certainly you will need lots of minutes from him no matter so it's up to the staff. He has a really good year though and is deserving.

Reaction Score
Yes he deserves to start over everyone no doubt about that. But is that the best spot for the team? Is it better to have that guy you can depend on for everything - shooting the ball, rebounding, 110% and attitude starting or delivering off the bench early on. Only reason I say that is because he has the makeup of the key 6th man, turns it around for your guys. But certainly you will need lots of minutes from him no matter so it's up to the staff. He has a really good year though and is deserving.
While CV might be the ideal 6th man on good UConn teams that's not what we have now. We're not overloaded with talent right now, and I'm not sure starting 2 freshman over Vital is the smart move. Especially game 1

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I think you'll see Bouk there a fair bit this year. Three guard lineup, with the 3rd guard (Bouk) being a bit of a combo wing.

We'll see. I suspect that it will depend on the other options. Sid, B Adams and of course, Precious should this thread come to fruition. I don't think 3 guard is a lineup Hurley is going to run much once he has the players to do otherwise. But at a minimum he'll play the bigger guards like Bouk and Adams there rather than Vital.

On the whole, I think Hurley is focused on bringing in height at every position on the court.

Reaction Score

Season just ended dude. I’m not the coach. Let him make the decisions... not you or I.

Edit: Soooo back to Precious?!

Reaction Score
Season just ended dude. I’m not the coach. Let him make the decisions... not you or I.

Edit: Soooo back to Precious?!

I’m not the coach either Dude. And I didn’t make any decision at all maybe give the reply another look:eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom