Precious Achiuwa generic update | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Precious Achiuwa generic update

Status
Not open for further replies.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
We'll see. I suspect that it will depend on the other options. Sid, B Adams and of course, Precious should this thread come to fruition. I don't think 3 guard is a lineup Hurley is going to run much once he has the players to do otherwise. But at a minimum he'll play the bigger guards like Bouk and Adams there rather than Vital.

On the whole, I think Hurley is focused on bringing in height at every position on the court.

I don't think he's as predisposed to playing a certain lineup as others. I just think he'll try to get his best options on the floor.

You can be really successful at the three guard lineup in MCBB. That said, it's mitigated by Gilbert's stature, so you'd like to have height at the other perimeter spots.

If Sid really improves, he'll hold down the 3 most of the time for sure. But he's got some work to do. Bouk probably comes in better than him at most basketball skills and IQ. Sid's length and athleticism being superior obviously.

Reaction Score
maxresdefault.jpg

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
ucla is gonna go hard after him i'd think. mick has a good relationship with his family from his time recruiting his brother(?) God's Gift who ended up at St Johns.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I don't think he's as predisposed to playing a certain lineup as others. I just think he'll try to get his best options on the floor.

You can be really successful at the three guard lineup in MCBB. That said, it's mitigated by Gilbert's stature, so you'd like to have height at the other perimeter spots.

If Sid really improves, he'll hold down the 3 most of the time for sure. But he's got some work to do. Bouk probably comes in better than him at most basketball skills and IQ. Sid's length and athleticism being superior obviously.

We are on the same page. I read so much about how Hurley likes small ball and 3 guard lineups and no PF, and it's just nonsense. He played the guys he could recruit at Wagner and URI. It's no accident he wanted a mountain sized guy in Kofi. It was very evident to us and to him that UConn is rolling out lineups that are too small. He will play whatever his best lineup is, but he wants us to get bigger.

Does he want a PF that can hit 3s? Sure. Who doesn't? But that doesn't mean he wants to play a skinny 6'6" PF who can do that over a 6'9" physical guy who can't.

Christian is going to need to earn time by taking on some additional ball handling duties. We saw it the second half of the year. He has to turn himself into a combo guard. A 6'1" catch and shoot SG is a very limited player, even when he rebounds well for his size.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
One of the announcers mentioned a list of schools for Achiuwa, but didn't mention UConn. Probably nothing, but still annoying.
Wish I could watch but recently got rid of cable. How does Andre Curbelo look?

Reaction Score
That's because last time he was asked about schools, he didn't mention UConn.
I will have more belief in UConn by Precious when he schedules an OV. It isn't unprecedented here; but certainly unusual to get a commit without one. Especially when he has been to NC and Kansas.

Reaction Score
I've got a sneaky suspicion that Achiuwa is going to schedule a late OV, come in and commit.

Or maybe I'm dreaming and it's really just thin air, an illusion of wishful thinking.

Immediate contenders if he does though, with Gaffney, Bouknight, and Akok already on board, and a solid cast of returning veterans, AG, Carlton, a couple of promising wings/small 4s, and a couple of other shooting/all purpose guards, one a senior, Vital, who will play an important role. (gotta give him props man)

The coaching challenge to Hurley and staff to coach this deep, young, and talented team up, and create the culture and chemistry to contend at a higher level. That swagger and faith, that confidence that winning teams earn together and hold fast.

Yup, just waxing optimistically, now I'll go do the dishes and carry on. (or is that what I've been doing here)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99