OT: - Post some Tasty Jazz Flavored Tunes | Page 4 | The Boneyard

OT: Post some Tasty Jazz Flavored Tunes

Reaction Score
OK - here's a different type of posting, could use some help...!

Does anyone know this fine jazz track playing in the background? I'm hoping to visit this area sometime in the next year or so, and I've become enchanted with this track. Many thanks for any help. :)

Reaction Score
Another favorite:

I saw Dave Brubeck on Aug 7, 1974. The reason I can pinpoint the exact date is because that was the day Philippe Petit walked his tightrope wire between the 2 towers of the WTC. Brubeck performed on something called The Jazz Boat, a retired SI ferry that cruised at dusk up and down the Hudson from Battery Park to the GW Bridge. Of course he did Take Five, but the thing I remember most is seeing the wire still strung between the towers as we cruised by.

Last edited:

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Anyone remember when Imus used this for his theme song? I didn't find out who it was until I got to UConn and a dude was playing it in his room.

Reaction Score

Does anyone know this fine jazz track playing in the background? I'm hoping to visit this area sometime in the next year or so, and I've become enchanted with this track. Many thanks for any help. :)

Was this a post on YouTube by a Jerry Arizona? Maybe you can try to contact him. He seems to reply to commenters, from what I saw. Good luck.

Reaction Score

Try this, I think it will work.
P.S. Soundhound is your friend.
On edit:
Interestingly, this track doesn't appear to be available on Spotify or YT Music. But Soundhound did identify it's originator.
On second edit:
This is how you define an obsession.
I found it !! (I think !!) It's a slightly longer version)

Last edited:

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I know for charting this song was considered "pop" or "rock" but I always thought it had more of a jazz vibe to it.

Absolutely, it crossed over

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
This tune is the theme music for the series "Bosch" now starting its seventh and final season. The series features a lot of excellent jazz as the title character is an aficionado.

Last edited:

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Dogstar,

If I can do it pretty much anybody can. Believe me!

Say you want to post a You Tube video. Copy the URL for the video from the You Tube page. The URL is the web "address" you see at the top of the page. Then come back to the Boneyard comment box and click on the icon that looks like a chain link (3rd from the right above). A small pop up screen will appear. Paste the link you copied in the URL box you'll see when you click the chain link. Then just click insert and it should be posted. Don't worry if you don't see the picture from You Tube when you enter the URL. It will be there after you hit the Insert button.

Have fun,

Veteran
Actually I just copy the URL, click on "Post reply" and paste it into the the box. Easy peasey lemon squeezy.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom