OT: - Post some Tasty Jazz Flavored Tunes | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT: Post some Tasty Jazz Flavored Tunes

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
The title of this OT is Jazz Flavored Tunes. So in essence, anything that is strictly jazz should be DQ'ed. One of the earliest jazz flavored or jazz tinged tunes I fell in love with was this by the author of the Peanuts theme:

Reaction Score
How do you post music? I only ask because my 8 yr old isn't here to help me.
Dogstar,

If I can do it pretty much anybody can. Believe me!

Say you want to post a You Tube video. Copy the URL for the video from the You Tube page. The URL is the web "address" you see at the top of the page. Then come back to the Boneyard comment box and click on the icon that looks like a chain link (3rd from the right above). A small pop up screen will appear. Paste the link you copied in the URL box you'll see when you click the chain link. Then just click insert and it should be posted. Don't worry if you don't see the picture from You Tube when you enter the URL. It will be there after you hit the Insert button.

Have fun,

Veteran

JordyG

Reaction Score
Now, for something more recent, here's one of my faves (along with Cecile of course) showing her Anita O'Day flavors. Helped along by the remarkable Emmet Cohen...and yes, this is jazz.

Reaction Score
Then this written a mere 15 years later, although this can really be seen as post bop:

I was going to post this superb one later tonight, beat me to the draw. :D

JordyG

Reaction Score
Phil Collins played with these guys for a few years. Most of their members backed Eno on a couple of albums.

I got to know Percy Jones very well back in the day. He was living close to NYU off of or on MacDougal I believe, not to very far from The Blue Note. Nice guy, fine bassist. I was really into fusion at the time, and then as now, I just think The Mahavishnu Orchestra, Weather Report, and Chick Corea's Return To Forever played this kind of stuff at a higher level.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom