Post practice quotes - 6/5/2023 | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Post practice quotes - 6/5/2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
SGA took over double the amount of mid range shots than threes and he was 1st team All NBA.

SGA: Shai Gilgeous-Alexander | Oklahoma City Thunder

Jalen Brunson just carried the Knicks on one of their best postseason runs in awhile leaning on mid range shots.

Brunson:

You know who follows the formula that gets talked about here? Julius Randle.

Randle:

De’Aron Fox was the most clutch player in the NBA off mid range shots and led his team to a 2 seed. Sabonis also lived there.

Fox:

Sabonis:

I’m counting mid range as shots between 8-24ft. Where are these examples of STAR players who are successful without having a lethal mid range game?
Rip??

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
It's not like there is no overlap in skills. But I don't want us to be Kentucky. Get the guys here however you can, but once here everyone's top goal has to be winning as a team -- not developing skills for the next level. It's not like winning isn't an important skill.
The problem solves itself because Hurley runs an offense and defense closer to what NBA teams run than just about anybody. So winning at UConn does prepare you. Those shots by hawk coming around screens, the two handed facing layups by Sanogo, the switching D, the lobs to Andre. It is a perfect audition.

Reaction Score
The way I see it, scouts are going to look at him like Jokic because of his ability to pass except he can be an elite rim protector too. You’re not finding many 7’s like him with his motor too. He’s a special prospect.

This run Jokic is on can really help DC’s stock.
Please pump the brakes on the Jokic comparisons. I’d settle for an Adama Sanogo year, with a few more dunks and blocks.

Reaction Score
The way I see it, scouts are going to look at him like Jokic because of his ability to pass except he can be an elite rim protector too. You’re not finding many 7’s like him with his motor too. He’s a special prospect.

This run Jokic is on can really help DC’s stock.
So scouts are going to look at him as a better version of Jokic?

Slow your roll.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
So scouts are going to look at him as a better version of Jokic?

Slow your roll.
Not saying he is going to be Jokic or better. Just that scouts can look at him in that way.

If you look at Jokic as a prospect coming out and compare him to DC now it’s not as crazy as it sounds.

I’m completely basing that off what has been talked about here as far as his ability to pass. After this year teams will 100% be looking for a player in that mold.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom