Post Player Workouts (Emeka, Diarra, Mo Bamba) | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Post Player Workouts (Emeka, Diarra, Mo Bamba)

Reaction Score
One picture sparks all this speculation. That picture has one meaning, hes working out with some quality bigs. Chief is just using this as a way to bash Miller again.

Reaction Score
He did. You COULD say that possibly Chill & Kill have been whispering sweet things into his ear about the program, but realistically it seems foolish to even consider it possible. Consider me foolish. #BambaTrain
Thats my theory!

Reaction Score
He did. You COULD say that possibly Chill & Kill have been whispering sweet things into his ear about the program, but realistically it seems foolish to even consider it possible. Consider me foolish. #BambaTrain
Its more than possible its likely UConn has been in his ear(players, coaches). A big man is our biggest need and he is by far the best available, they'd be foolish not to. What is VERY unlikely is that we have even a remote shot to land him. But hey it never hurt to dream! #BambaTrain All Aboard!!!!! CHOOO CHOOOO!!!!

C

Chief00

I have had a lurking suspicion for a couple of months now that he is coming to UConn.

It just makes too much sense. He immediately makes them a championship contender, can operate within offensive and defensive systems conducive to showcasing his skills - both as a rim runner surrounded by shooters and the best point guard in America and as a rim protector with free reign to chase shots like Brimah did from day one - and actually maintain some semblance of originality and self-respect while playing for a coach that isn't an old white guy with two dozen other NBA players to attend to.

The fact that Texas is the perceived leader is indicative of the fact that he doesn't really want to go to Kentucky or Duke. Aside from the Smart connection, there is no reason to go there.

There has to be a reason no grad transfer north of 6'4 will give us a real look and there has to be a reason two top 100 recruits just left a trail of vague explanations on why they won't entertain the unlimited minutes being offered to them at a premier college basketball program. Ollie didn't can his loyal friend so that his new recruiter could scour for 2018 prospects that won't be here in time to save his job. Chill is here about the bodies, yo. Chill is here because John Calipari essentially walked into our practice facility and flipped a verbal. That won't fly.

And since we're on the topic of Hami, he might be coming here too. That's right, he and Bamba will both be in uniform this fall if Hami decides not to pursue the NBA (based on how he's testing at the combine, that seems unlikely).

No I'm not drunk, and if you want a source, let me direct you to two of the best I have: my eyes. @Chief00 tell the staff to get this kid on campus and tell them to bring bunky.

Liked your post but you lost me on the Hami thing.

pj

Reaction Score
All you jokers are going to be eating crow when Ollie reels in Bamba!

The one thing I take from that picture -- Bamba is a BIG man. He also moves well:

Last edited:

BaZZnBOAT

ONIONS!
Reaction Score
I will simply add nice to see Big D working w/. Mek.

giphy.gif

Reaction Score
A great BIG is the missing piece to our puzzle. Brimah was a fun project and all.... but a 1-2 year guy would put us back into national contention again. Why would he be working with Diarra and Emeka? What are the odds of that? He's been quiet for 4 months and we are the only legit program that we will start from the get-go without contention. Why the hell not us??

Last edited:

pj

Reaction Score
Not long ago one of the alums, think it was Rip Hamilton, said that "we're all family at UConn, and we all love our brothers, and that's why we're all ready to help KO". Since then we've seen Ray at the Jordan Classic talking to Tremont, and now Emeka working out with Bamba. I'd be surprised if UConn isn't making a last push at Bamba. It does make a lot of sense, a rim-protecting big man who can rebound, pass, and move would make this team a national championship contender -- they have all the other pieces, especially if Waters and Wilson come.... No idea if Bamba will be receptive but I think we have a strong pitch.

KembaStepback

Rains Triples
Reaction Score
More likely than not the kid just wants to work on his defense with one of the best rim protecting big men in NCAA history. Kid seems to have a really good head on his shoulders. I'm happy Diarra is working with both of them. Obviously Id love to see him in a UConn jersey but I'm not going to get too excited until we actually get real news on Bamba.

Reaction Score
Not long ago one of the alums, think it was Rip Hamilton, said that "we're all family at UConn, and we all love our brothers, and that's why we're all ready to help KO". Since then we've seen Ray at the Jordan Classic talking to Tremont, and now Emeka working out with Bamba. I'd be surprised if UConn isn't making a last push at Bamba. It does make a lot of sense, a rim-protecting big man who can rebound, pass, and move would make this team a national championship contender -- they have all the other pieces, especially if Waters and Wilson come.... No idea if Bamba will be receptive but I think we have a strong pitch.

It was Caron.

This is good news. That's the type of thing that we all expected when KO started and its kind of puzzling why we haven't seen it more (could just be behind the scenes who knows). Either way we need to lean on the big name alumni now more than ever as long as we are in the AAC. Need every edge we can get.

StingLykOllie

How do I change my name...
Reaction Score
We are not getting Bamba, but this thread is much more fun than any other ones so what the heck..

IF WE GET SID, WATERS, AND BAMBA IM PUTTING DOWN MY LIFE SAVINGS (35$) ON US WINNING THE 5TH BANNER NEXT YEAR!!!!!!!!

100/1 odds!!!!!

Reaction Score
A great BIG is the missing piece to our puzzle. Brimah was a fun project and all.... but a 1-2 year guy would put us back into national contention again. Why would he be working with Diarra and Emeka? What are the -ing odds of that? He's been quiet for 4 months and we are the only legit program that we will start from the get-go without contention. Why the hell not us??

Brimah was certainly not a fun project by any stretch.

Reaction Score
Guy I work with plays a, leisurely, sport with a certain X head coach at UConn. Couple of things. KO is meeting with said X head coach about three to four times a month so he can get advice and learn what it take to win a championship. Winning a championship starts with recruiting certain guys and coaching them the right way (Not my words). Many within this circle believe that after KO won the championship he took his foot off the gas pedal and got too comfortable. Word is he has 'woken up' and is hungrier than ever. I also heard that while the coaching staff is trying to bring this team up to snuff it is really the 2018 and 2019 seasons where they expect to see success with recruits. Didn't hear anything about who they expected/ were optimistic they would get this summer.

Do what you will with this information ya filthy animals!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom