Post Player Workouts (Emeka, Diarra, Mo Bamba) | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Post Player Workouts (Emeka, Diarra, Mo Bamba)

crazyUCfan23

Long live the Civil ConFLiCT
Reaction Score
After doing some research (googling Mo Bamba), it appears it's down to UK and Texas by all accounts. After seeing this post I am cautiously optimistic that maybe somehow we are still in it. If we are, certainly we should at least have a leg up on Texas, no? I mean they just had a disastrous season (11-22, didn't won one true road game). I know our season was less than ideal to put it lightly, but not even close to being as bad as Texas' season.

C

Chief00

Not long ago one of the alums, think it was Rip Hamilton, said that "we're all family at UConn, and we all love our brothers, and that's why we're all ready to help KO". Since then we've seen Ray at the Jordan Classic talking to Tremont, and now Emeka working out with Bamba. I'd be surprised if UConn isn't making a last push at Bamba. It does make a lot of sense, a rim-protecting big man who can rebound, pass, and move would make this team a national championship contender -- they have all the other pieces, especially if Waters and Wilson come.... No idea if Bamba will be receptive but I think we have a strong pitch.
Remember in my Waters thread I mentioned another situation - it's not a coincidence.

C

Chief00

It was Caron.

This is good news. That's the type of thing that we all expected when KO started and its kind of puzzling why we haven't seen it more (could just be behind the scenes who knows). Either way we need to lean on the big name alumni now more than ever as long as we are in the AAC. Need every edge we can get.
Glen Miller did not need the NBA edge.

Reaction Score
Not true. Seasons mean little. All relationships and Shaka in there strong.
Are we in it tho?? Thats the million dollar mentally insane question lol

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
I hate myself for opening this thread.

I was finally over the lack of La Bamba shirts that would exist in Storrs. Now this....

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
The idea that he could see the overall picture as: he'd make us instantly a contender while having 2 other possible high level scoring wing/guards, getting tons of minutes because depth is an issue, he isn't interested in the aspects of UK/Duke lots of kids are, etc etc etc ...

Does not seem crazy to me, nor unprecedented. But right now we're so inclined to believe the downward turn we've had will continue rather than think we could pull a big time recruit from the big boys.

I'm there too. But I do see the scenario where it's not a crazy that he thinks we're appealing. We all just are in hyper-let-me-see-first mode.

Reaction Score
The idea that he could see the overall picture as: he'd make us instantly a contender while having 2 other possible high level scoring wing/guards, getting tons of minutes because depth is an issue, he isn't interested in the aspects of UK/Duke lots of kids are, etc etc etc ...

Does not seem crazy to me, nor unprecedented. But right now we're so inclined to believe the downward turn we've had will continue rather than think we could pull a big time recruit from the big boys.

I'm there too. But I do see the scenario where it's not a crazy that he thinks we're appealing. We all just are in hyper-let-me-see-first mode.
Like your thought process & mindset, well stated, couldn't agree more, nice job!!

You are what the Boneyarders are all about!!

Reaction Score
We need an Andre Drummond sighting right about now training with Mo Bamba. We are one Mo Bamba away from being an elite team with title aspirations. Make it happen Mo commit.

#UCONNBeastingForBamba

NowInStorrs

The truth is out there.
Reaction Score
Mo Bamba watching old Duke games...

81y86jzeqyxy.jpg

Is there a way to make this photo smaller on here? :confused:

Reaction Score
I never understood why these young kids would say we were too guard oriented. We have always had a shot-blocking anchor 5 & relied on tough rebounding. Calhoun essentially describes defensive bigs as his bedrock strategy for developing the program in the 90s in one of his books...

Reaction Score
It's a reach, but we have pedigree & opportunity to rival any of those programs he's considering. Texas ? Shaka please!

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I never understood why these young kids would say we were too guard oriented. We have always had a shot-blocking anchor 5 & relied on tough rebounding. Calhoun essentially describes defensive bigs as his bedrock strategy for developing the program in the 90s in one of his books...
It's not Calhoun's team.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom