Post Game Thread (merged) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Post Game Thread (merged)

Reaction Score
Are we sure that there isn’t a guy out there that can recruit the same guys that we’re getting and actually coach in game? Serious question. I mean how many years are we going to give Hurley to say “he’s learning”. This was SUCH a joke game. A guy that knew what he was doing on the court would have taken this unbelievably terrible WVU offense to school.

Reaction Score
We should have won that game by 15.

Polley and Hawkins missed many open shots. I don’t think either hit a 3. I’m fine with that because it probably won’t happen again.

But everything else was pathetic. The amount of panic that Hurley and our team display in tight games is very concerning and the craziness becomes predictable.

Besides #12 we had better talent at every position. Inexcusable.

Reaction Score
This year, flopping is a warning and then a technical. However, when guys are lowering their shoulder and repeatedly blasting the defender back as happened multiple times tonight, what is a defender to do if the ref won't blow the whistle.
Also, I love how hand checking is back to being completely legal.

Reaction Score
Our coach tightens up in close games, it's a recurring theme. They were on a run and rolling and then he takes Cole out. Timeout under 8 minutes up 4 and he leaves Cole on the bench. WVU ties it up in an instant. RJ comes back in and is ice cold. I love Hurley as our program builder, I really dislike him in close games. We couldn't hit anything but we also don't run anything. That's a bad loss.

Reaction Score
We never had 9 starters....our great depth was a DH myth.

We have maybe 5 starters and some limited role players....without Martin & Sanogo we are a middling team.

JonnyRI

The files are in the computer
Reaction Score
Whaley and Cole were the only ones mentally ready for this game. Everyone else was clueless all night.
That pretty much sums up the whole god damn game. Tyler Polley brought it, well, besides the whole making shots thing. Besides that, a whole lot of garbage.

Last edited:

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Are we sure that there isn’t a guy out there that can recruit the same guys that we’re getting and actually coach in game? Serious question. I mean how many years are we going to give Hurley to say “he’s learning”. This was SUCH a joke game. A guy that knew what he was doing on the court would have taken this unbelievably terrible WVU offense to school.
There a reason why we were +2.5. If we have Martin and sanogo were double digit favorites

Reaction Score
This year, flopping is a warning and then a technical. However, when guys are lowering their shoulder and repeatedly blasting the defender back as happened multiple times tonight, what is a defender to do if the ref won't blow the whistle.
Also, I love how hand checking is back to being completely legal.
Only 1 way though.

Reaction Score
Such a lousy final 4 minutes. Can’t buy a bucket.

Outside of athleticism, I can’t tell why Jackson is allowed to touch the ball.

Reaction Score
That was pretty tough to watch. A lot to clean up, hopefully with Martin back for the next game

Reaction Score
There a reason why we were +2.5. If we have Martin and sanogo were double digit favorites
And we’d still lose or come close to losing because we have a coach that can’t coach an offense.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
That shooting performance was embarrassing.

The only thing that could've been worse would be if they did it while wearing K-State's unis. Did they borrow those from the volleyball team?

Reaction Score
You can’t play basketball afraid. But there was no one willing to attack other than Cole for the most part.

Too many guys don’t pressure the opposition, they let the opposition pressure them.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
This is how I expected the game to go. I did think we could win by a couple but without sanogo and Martin playing at WV we weren’t going to win by 10.

People get too content by beating teams in 300+ rankings. We’re a very good team at full strength.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Simon

Top Bottom