Post Game Thread (merged) | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Post Game Thread (merged)

Reaction Score
  • Missed layups. Ugh. I have no explanation how we've missed so many bunnies over the last 3-4 years. Its incredible. Why can't a guy that is 6'8" and up just dunk the ball when standing right next to the basket?
That small white box on the backboard used to be something that was rather practical to bounce the ball off of for easy layups, but times have changed

Reaction Score
The team had 16 today. Jackson had 1.
Misleading stat today, as he lost the ball a few times only to be recovered by his teammates. Also whiffed on the alley-oop pass. Has the most TO on the team

Reaction Score
He's been like that his entire career at UConn. At this point he is what he is. I don't think you can expect a 5th year super senior to change at this point.

Then give him a shorter leash. I like Polley but if he’s not hitting 3’s, he’s usually not contributing much else to the offense or defense.

Reaction Score
I know Hawkins got beat by his man a few times, but I think he actually is getting better defensively. Still, not a good game today by him.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
He is being double teamed.

LOL. He is being left wide open and can’t hit anything. He misssed a couple with nobody within 10 feet of him tonight. Nobody schemes to stop him because he is one dimensional and today, didn’t have that.

Reaction Score
Obviously. But choosing to ignore that important context is the only way you can walk away from this game outraged or discouraged. You have to view things in context. Had they been without 2 of their 3 best players out board would be lamenting how unimpressive of a win it was. Context is everything
Sure context is important. Obviously was going to be a difficult game for them to win down two starters, that hurts them a lot. I just don’t like the “if we have Sanogo and Martin we win” narrative. We don’t know what the outcome would have been. That’s all. Need to regroup and figure out how to get a win against a good St Bonnies team.

Reaction Score
Merging all the post game ideas into one thread is a horrible idea. It makes it impossible to talk about any single observation in any depth.

The conversation just jumps around and gets to no point.

Is Bandwidth really such a huge problem we can't talk about undividual, players, or decisions or concepts. Everything has to go into one thread?

Reaction Score
Hurley coached a great game. Our players were rattled and scared of the moment. Bad loss but we’ll grow. Need Martin and Sanogo back ASAP and healthy
Really?? Did ASU win tonight?? Cuz I know Bob Sr is retired.

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
Then give him a shorter leash. I like Polley but if he’s not hitting 3’s, he’s usually not contributing much else to the offense or defense.
Polley's defense was actually pretty good tonight, moving laterally and challenging shots. By comparison, Jackson and Hawkins frequently got beat. Not sure why Jackson is flatfooted and always half a step late reacting to the dribble drive.

Reaction Score
In fairness they did close out the Auburn and VCU games that were in the balance down the stretch. So they have done it before.
Actually untrue. Auburn they puked away a double digit lead in regulation and were very fortunate to win in double OT. That is not “closing out” a game.

Reaction Score
Misleading stat today, as he lost the ball a few times only to be recovered by his teammates. Also whiffed on the alley-oop pass. Has the most TO on the team
He was his typical awful on D tonight as well. Sherman treated him like a turnstile all night.

Reaction Score
Polley's defense was actually pretty good tonight, moving laterally and challenging shots. By comparison, Jackson and Hawkins frequently got beat. Not sure why Jackson is flatfooted and always half a step late reacting to the dribble drive.

Agreed. Polley had decent showing on defense tonight while Jackson and Hawkins got beat frequently. Still he’s been average on defense at best this season. I will say I have noticed him scrapping a bit more this year which is great to see.

olehead

Atomic Dogs!
Reaction Score
Here's what I don't understand:

WVU: 3-22 13.6%
MSU: 2-16 12.5%
Auburn: 15-26 57.7%

Auburn has a tough D. What did our guys do differently that night to shoot 3s so well?
They missed far less and made far more.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Did we shoot horribly? Yes.

But for zero reason should we have jacked shots with <1 min to go. Polley is a 23 y.o grad student for the love of god pass that ball out and run a freaking set.

Especially if you’re 0 for a million on the night. Why are you shooting?!

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
No balls, just weak

Coles and Whaley ready the rest were not.

UConn needs Martin back and Sanogo asap for Big East play

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I thought he had the Money ball… Shrugs

Reaction Score
Merging all the post game ideas into one thread is a horrible idea. It makes it impossible to talk about any single observation in any depth.

The conversation just jumps around and gets to no point.

Is Bandwidth really such a huge problem we can't talk about undividual, players, or decisions or concepts. Everything has to go into one thread?
A little too much moderating. Sometimes I wonder which moderators are doing these things. No real consistency.

Reaction Score
Actually untrue. Auburn they puked away a double digit lead in regulation and were very fortunate to win in double OT. That is not “closing out” a game.
Overtimes are part of the game. They closed out the game and got a win.

Reaction Score
How many people had 9 games on their bingo card for how long it would take Hurley to blame his players for their offensive ineptitude?

Reaction Score
WVa was favored for a reason… playing at home while we’re without 2 of our 3 best players. We’re going to be underdogs against St B’s too unless someone comes back. Can’t expect to win as underdogs.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
WVa was favored for a reason… playing at home while we’re without 2 of our 3 best players. We’re going to be underdogs against St B’s too unless someone comes back.
We are now

Reaction Score
fellas down 2 players and almost pulled it out, I don't think it's the end of the world. With that being said should they have won it? yes. What drives me insane is these players trying to make 80 yard passes. WHY? If these guys wanna try out for the football team and play qb do so, but to keep doing this I just don't understand it with the home run passes.

Reaction Score
I’m sorry, you must have missed the game ans how ugly WVU’s offense was. Somehow ours was even uglier. This is a bad bad loss.
No I did not miss the game. Maybe you had too many bourbons

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Simon

Top Bottom