Post game thread - Cincy (merged thread) | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Post game thread - Cincy (merged thread)

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Wow.
Imagine what can happen if CW, Anna and MW shots are all falling in the same game.
They were hitting the same open shots they were missing against the big 3.

If the team had shot this well, we may have won at least two of the 3 games we lost. The Baylor game for sure. We lost that one in the 4th quarter.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
You bring a good point about Sam Rogers. It seemed if the wind went by her she not only fell down and almost always did a back flip. Is there a flopping rule in Women's Basketball? If not, this replay would make most want to implement one. Cant believe her coach doesn't stop this since few could survive the beating she gives herself.
How funny you should say that about Rogers. Evidently it looked so obvious that everyone noticed. It was truly an Academy Award performance for her. Even Allen Bestwick mentioned how she would be sore the next day from falling so often! :rolleyes:

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
How funny you should say that about Rogers. Evidently it looked so obvious that everyone noticed. It was truly an Academy Award performance for her. Even Allen Bestwick mentioned how she would be sore the next day from falling so often! :rolleyes:
Side note - I like him a lot. He has an engaging personality, seems very smart, calls the game, lets us know who's in and who's out, who has fouled, etc., does a minimum (if even any) inane chit-chat, and works well with Meg.

One thing I'd like to see - if they disagree even slightly with the officials, I'd like to see more replays done. They do it occasionally, but not all the time, and not usually when the fans start booing over a call. Let us have a 2nd look at home, guys!! That way we can yell at our TV's and chant "Bull $h*t"!!! :D

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
one OR won?;);)

won. An auto correction that I didn’t catch. It’s been corrected. I had to laugh just now when I saw it. My command of the English language isn’t perfect, but I do have a reasonably firm grip on it. I do a lot of composing and posting from my phone as I’m doing now. I don’t have the auto correct feature turned on - on my desktop, so sometimes I let my guard down when I post from here. I try to post clear, rational and grammatically correct comments when I post. Every once in awhile, I’ll swing and miss. :cool: I proof read this post 3 times for accuracy and correctness.

Last edited:

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Did not see any mention of the CW breakout game analysis in

I like that they were able to hone in on specific aspects of CW's struggle and how they diagnosed it and overcame it through practice and film study

To Williams, Wednesday was a product of finally being able to take what she’s learned in extra film sessions with assistant coach Shea Ralph, who works with the guards, and translate it to the court. Specifically, she was able to read how defenders are playing her on-ball screens.

“It happens fast, so the only way to get it right is by watching film and then by practicing it,” Williams said. “That’s where the extra work comes in.”

The end result on Wednesday? She shot 8-for-14, 4-for-6 from deep, not to mention a perfect 6-for-6 from the free-throw line.

“I’m trying to be aggressive and make the right decisions,” Williams said. “In other games, I’m aggressive but I’m not attacking it right. ... And today I kind of got a good feel of that, and it felt good to knock in some shots as well.”

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
A cynical take on UConn leaving the AAC and why Cinn will benefit.

Basically, UConn is too good and is overshadowing the program. Now we have a chance.

I rolled my eyes so hard that I think I pulled a muscle.

If they played consistently well and against decent OOC teams, they would be in the same position as UCF and USF have been the past few years to get an at-large bid to the tournament. But now, it'll be do or die in the AAC tournament -- I suspect they'll be doing less doing and more dying over the next few years.

Last edited:

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
I rolled my eyes so hard that I think I pulled a muscle.

If they played consistently well and against decent OOC teams, they would be in the same position as UCF and USF have been the past few years to get an at-large bid to the tournament. But now, it'll be do or die in the AAC tournament -- I suspect they'll be doing less doing and more dying over the next few years.
What's so bad about the article is that it didn't say the real reason why they have improved. Jamelle was responsible for bringing in the starting five and many of the Sophomores, 46 of the 58 points were scored by players that she had recruited.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
One thing I wanted SNY to broadcast - the Cincy players/Jamelle reaction as they met in the post game "handshake" line. I was very interested...but...

Reaction Score
A cynical take on UConn leaving the AAC and why Cinn will benefit.

Basically, UConn is too good and is overshadowing the program. Now we have a chance.
This says it all:

"Bearcats are 0-22 all-time against UConn, losing by an average of 40 ppg, including losses of 30 and 50 (at home), in 2020."

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom