Post game thread - Cincy (merged thread) | The Boneyard

Post game thread - Cincy (merged thread)

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Don't mean to rain on oldude's parade - perhaps I'll merge my post with his...

First of all, I don't like Cinci much. Glad to see UCONN absolutely pour it on.
  • How about Megan scoring 9 points in literally 1 minute 2 seconds? 25 points and 8 boards
  • Anna with 20 points on 3-4 shooting.
  • Christyn finding her shooting rhythym again. 26 points, 8 boards, and 3 assists?! WOW
  • Defensively smothering Cinci in the 1st half.
  • Crystal doing what Crystal does.
  • Nice game by Aubrey, and Kyla finding her shooting touch again? good for her.
  • And Evelyn getting on the score board.
  • And Batouly getting on the score board
This was as fun a game as I've seen in a very long while. I know it was "only" Cinci (they ARE a decent team - 2nd in our conference), but we've played lesser teams much worse this season. It was so great to see a good old fashioned smackdown, and given the only team I dislike more in our league is UCF, I was happy to see Cinci go down in a blaze of glory.

Don't care if Cinci almost won Q4, or scored 23 points. I knew they'd do everything they could to pretty up the corpse. They still stunk. Full court press on our reserves when we are up 40? We hung over 100 points on them and it was the FIRST complete game I've seen from this team this season. Really good every quarter. Good for the entire team.

Geno doesn't strike me as the vindictive type, but I have to imagine Jamelle was smiling ear to ear inside - what a beat down. I know I'm smiling like the Cheshire cat.

Last edited:

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Some thoughts on the Cincinnati game:
  • We fans can be complacent about AAC opponents. But tonight’s game against a good Bearcat team which hasn’t lost at home, was a potential trap game that could have impacted UConn’s seeding in the Big Dance. This was an important win for the Huskies, and they showed up with the most impressive half of basketball I’ve seen all season.
  • In what has become something of a pattern, UConn’s offense struggled somewhat to start the game, but the Huskies defense continues to suffocate opponents until the offense gets on track.
  • In a day when Liv wasn’t at her best, everyone else stepped up nicely. This was probably the best combined effort by both freshmen together in one game. Megan and Crystal were their dependable selves, and we can all celebrate the return of Christyn Williams. Add in some nice minutes from Kyla and Molly and this was as good a team effort as we’ve seen in a while.
  • Lots of really nice things happened in this game. UConn was on fire from the arc, making their first six 3-pt shots. The Huskies made their first 9 FT’s, 11/13 overall. In the first half UConn blocked 6 Cincinnati shots, while holding the Bearcats to 18% shooting.
  • SNY zeroed in on Jamelle a couple times. You know she had to be thoroughly enjoying the xxx-whipping that the Huskies were handing out to the Bearcats, but her expression was limited to one of quiet intensity. I’m guessing she’ll be high-fiving everyone in the locker room.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Some thoughts on the Cincinnati game:
  • We fans can be complacent about AAC opponents. But tonight’s game against a good Bearcat team which hasn’t lost at home, was a potential trap game that could have impacted UConn’s seeding in the Big Dance. This was an important win for the Huskies, and they showed up with the most impressive half of basketball I’ve seen all season.
  • In what has become something of a pattern, UConn’s offense struggled somewhat to start the game, but the Huskies defense continues to suffocate opponents until the offense gets on track.
  • In a day when Liv wasn’t at her best, everyone else stepped up nicely. This was probably the best combined effort by both freshmen together in one game. Megan and Crystal were their dependable selves, and we can all celebrate the return of Christyn Williams. Add in some nice minutes from Kyla and Molly and this was as good a team effort as we’ve seen in a while.
  • Lots of really nice things happened in this game. UConn was on fire from the arc, making their first six 3-pt shots. The Huskies made their first 9 FT’s, 11/13 overall. In the first half UConn blocked 6 Cincinnati shots, while holding the Bearcats to 18% shooting.
  • SNY zeroed in on Jamelle a couple times. You know she had to be thoroughly enjoying the xxx-whipping that the Huskies were handing out to the Bearcats, but her expression was limited to one of quiet intensity. I’m guessing she’ll be high-fiving everyone in the locker room.
Olivia is sick. She gets a pass for tonight

Reaction Score
UConn will probably be stuck at a 2-seed outside of Indiana. But, if I was one of the Big 3, the last team I would want to face in the E8 is Uconn. They have the firepower to beat anyone on the opponents "home court" if they played like they did tonight.

Reaction Score
Anna looked very good...anyone know what the initials on Cinn. uniforms represented?

Reaction Score
Great game by everyone tonight. Awesome to see CW get out of her slump! I was glad to see Anna score, for the usual reasons ofc, but also because opponents have helping off of her pretty much all season. But tonight the Bearcats were taking her seriously, and defending. It really opened up the floor for everyone.

Reaction Score
Let's not get ahead of ourselves UCONN fans. A very good win tonight, but Cincinnati is NOT Oregon, Baylor, or South Carolina. One game at a time folks.

Miss St needs 3 point shooters. They miss so many wide open shots.

They also seem to be getting worse or much more inconsistent down the stretch.
UConn will probably be stuck at a 2-seed outside of Indiana. But, if I was one of the Big 3, the last team I would want to face in the E8 is Uconn. They have the firepower to beat anyone on the opponents "home court" if they played like they did tonight.

Reaction Score
I liked what I saw. I did enjoy this game. I got to see UConn basketball and very good UConn defensive play. Nice to see all of the players excell tonight. This is good for all of them and a great confidence builder and a happy moment. With the end of the season coming to a close, it is nice to see this type of play begin to emerge. Now I would like to see all of the rest of their games played as well as this one.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
There's a lot of basketball left to play, and their will be upsets in the conference tournaments. I certainly wouldn't rule out Ft Wayne for the Huskies.

Reaction Score
Anna just proves that she is a good starter for UConn ...
On her way to her fourth frosh of the week, 20 points, six assists, 3 rebounds, one steal. CW gets comeback player of the week. Meg gets—as usual—best player of the week. Aubrey discovers how to make free throws. CD still hitting from outer space. Life is good.

Reaction Score
Very enjoyable game. Both freshman made solid contributions. And we learned SNY will still be televising games next season in the Big East. At least 18 games. Here's hoping CW didn't use up her allotment of shots tonight. Welcome back CW.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Let's not get ahead of ourselves UCONN fans. A very good win tonight, but Cincinnati is NOT Oregon, Baylor, or South Carolina. One game at a time folks.
1582769140636.png

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom