Post game thread - Cincy (merged thread) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Post game thread - Cincy (merged thread)

Centerstream

I may not be the sharpest knife in the drawer, but
Reaction Score
SNY zeroed in on Jamelle a couple times. You know she had to be thoroughly enjoying the xxx-whipping that the Huskies were handing out to the Bearcats, but her expression was limited to one of quiet intensity. I’m guessing she’ll be high-fiving everyone in the locker room.
Most of the Bearcats were recruited by Jamelle, I don't think that she enjoyed seeing them get their butts kicked. I am guessing that she would have liked them to be more competitive.
Just my opinion because I don't know her personally.

Reaction Score
I wonder if Geno would ever consider Anna as a short term ONO replacement. While Aubrey can sky, was watching Anna down low tonight and few can move her out of her spot. Good at boxing out.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Let's not get ahead of ourselves UCONN fans. A very good win tonight, but Cincinnati is NOT Oregon, Baylor, or South Carolina. One game at a time folks.
Don't you think UConn fans know that? Everyone knows Cincy is not on the same level of the top three. Can't UConn fans enjoy one of the better played games this season without someone telling them to not get ahead of themselves? Your last sentence, it's impossible for any team to play more than one game at a time.

Centerstream

I may not be the sharpest knife in the drawer, but
Reaction Score
Looking forward to watching the replay tomorrow!!!
Thoroughly enjoyed this game and was happy to watch "UConn basketball".
We were playing so well that I refrained from going to the Chatroom and having my bubble burst.

Reaction Score
Her complaint would be with Athletic Director, not girls she recruited.
UConn beats Cincy by 47 pts will slap the Cincy athletic director's face really hard.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
This was the third straight game AM scored in double figures. If she does not start next season then next year's team will be at a very elite level. For any freshman to be as much of a factor as Anna has been will be something to see. I expect Westbrook to play as well.

Reaction Score
I wonder if Geno would ever consider Anna as a short term ONO replacement. While Aubrey can sky, was watching Anna down low tonight and few can move her out of her spot. Good at boxing out.
Do you get the feeling we have only seen the edge of her potential? A summer in Storrs (after a visit home) could do wonders. Before she leaves Storrs she will have record for most threes in a game. And duel Paige for most assists in a game.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Let's not get ahead of ourselves UCONN fans. A very good win tonight, but Cincinnati is NOT Oregon, Baylor, or South Carolina. One game at a time folks.
No offense, but I get tired of this. If the Huskies have a bad half against Memphis, the Cassandras see an early exit from the tourney and declare our players aren’t all that talented. But if they put a shellacking on the second and third best teams in the conference, including a 47 point beatdown on the road, well, it doesn’t mean a thing. Sorry, but i call bull.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
There's always that one person.
1582771106223.png

wbball novice

That bandwagon guy
Reaction Score
Hope Liv's bug doesn't go through the team. Sounds like Geno might have picked it up. Poor Liv. (I already used up my Marcia Brady joke in Chat). But kudos to her for giving it a try & she was a presence in her meager minutes.

Christyn believers might have been feeling a bit low for the last several games, but she showed she isn't ready for the bench quite yet. The mystery of putting the ball in the hole eludes me. Psychology? Muscle memory/amnesia? Movement? Position/matchups? Sinking a couple FTs? Basketball gods? Whatever it is, you can't say CW wasn't working to get back in the groove, and it finally came through. I suspect early in the game the team was trying to get her the ball so she could get in rhythm, and maybe that was what worked. Now, if she & Anna can do this with consistency ... It doesn't take Captain Obvious to figure this was an unusually hot shooting night, but as long as the shooters can keep an even keel in the coming games there's reason for optimism.

Meg was really Megatron this evening. A real scoring machine before the fouls benched her for a while, then comes back and goes back to work. Relentless.

Anna Mak also broke 20 and matched CD's 6 assists, with Kyla contributing 5 asts plus 2/2 3s. For this game, anyway, UConn 3 pt shooting was like the Q1 shooting of all the bad teams they've ever played.

Pretty good FT shooting tonight. CW 6/6, Griff matched Anna Mak's 2/2. AG was part of an ONO by committee that did pretty well.

Cinci got whipped -- outstanding UConn defense shouldn't be overlooked -- but some good things worth remarking, perhaps a credit to a former coach's recruiting. Antoinette Miller was persistent and got some hits. Sifa managed to get the ball in the scrums with some regularity. Sam Rodgers maybe should be on the gymnastics team since she seems to excel in backflips. UConn haters would probably compare her to Katie Lou for her dramatics, though KLS was really being fouled in all the cases they will cite, of course.

Reaction Score
WCBB is loaded with teams worse than Cinci. Sure they aren't top 5, or even top 50. But the P-5 has maybe 65 or so teams, and fans don't make fun of Oregon or Baylor or S Carolina when they beat teams worse than Cinci. No, they simply say "Baylor won another B12 game or Oregon took down Utah and the assumption is that it must have been a tough win because it was a conference opponent.
Cinci would win games in any P-5 conference.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Anna is very comfortable with the ball everywhere on the court. Delighted with CW's game tonight. Started blah, but something kicked in.

I think it's fair to say that Anna has arrived. Geno said she was a good shooter. You couldn't prove it by us at the beginning of the season, but you can now!! :D

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I think it's fair to say that Anna has arrived. Geno said she was a good shooter. You couldn't prove it by us at the beginning of the season, but you can now!! :D
One of the best things about Anna tonight is that she had a big game on the road against a pretty good team. Wherever UConn ends up in the Big Dance, assuming they get to the Sweet 16, all their remaining games will be on the road against good teams.

Reaction Score
Really? That's it?

No system is unreliable but Massey does at least as good a job as anything.

How about NCAA RPI?

74 Cinci
75 Colorado
83 S Cal
107 Utah
137 Cal

Why don't you show me a more reliable ranking.
I’m not sure such a thing exists. You compare teams from different conferences. I see teams with 11 loses that are better than many of the higher rank3d Masset. It’s what there is, so, no, there isn’t one, but that wasn’t my point. Din’t Always chase the obvious.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
But if they put a shellacking on the second and third best teams in the conference, including a 47 point win on the road, well, it doesn’t mean a thing.

No one said "it doesn't mean a thing."

There is a big difference between Cinci and the big three....big 20 for that matter.
Kara on the post-game show put it in perspective (my reprise)...it was a step along the way,
a big improvement. a fine game, many positives but in the first case, it had to be reproduced in the next game.

A case could also be made for how god-awful the conference is. if this is the second best team.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom