Post game presser | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Post game presser

Reaction Score
I give Tulane a ton of credit for playing full bore for 40 minutes and for taking advantage of a vulnerable looking UConn team. Kudos to them.

However - they only scored 60 points. Gabby scored two if those points and at least a couple shots were prayers that TU threw wildly at the basket at the last second, including the luckiest three I've ever seen. But a lot, and I mean a LOT, like 22 points, came off UConn's 18 turnovers. How often are the Huskies going to turn the ball over that many times? If UConn hadn't given away so many points, folks would have been a lot happier even with the offense sputtering.

A function of that is not having Kia, of course, but she barely played against South Carolina and when she was in, she wasn't her usual self, so I don't think Kia's absence was as big a deal as some make out. IMO, the offense just hasn't been right for a few games. I would guess it's the physical and emotional toll on the team that depends on so many young players to be successful. Opponents are being really physical and with a short bench, it has more impact than in other years.

Lou and Napheesa are sophomores and Crystal is a freshman but we need them to be upperclassmen. I think the moment is finally hitting them. They're tired and emotionally wrung out and there's no Stewie, Morgan, or Mo to take over. It's all on them. That has to be huge.

They may regroup, and my bet is that they will, but don't be surprised if there are more rocky games in the meantime.
Every year we need this talk...

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
I have always wondered about that. If Geno really wanted to ice the game, why not put everyone out on the perimeter, or at least four players. We did not have to leave Orange open to double Bonnie. or, as you said, foul. One has to wonder...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22
Top Bottom